over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheapest Protein Source

I believe that with most protein you get what you pay for. Being that it is not regulated through the fda they can put anything in the tub an call it a winner. Quality name with a time in.the bodybuilding industry speaks volumes to me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Eggs and Kosher Certified Whey Powder imo are a great economical protein source. I buy the Whey in tubs and Winco. If you can find the local equivalent store which carries it may serve you well. The powder is flavorless and I just use blended frozen fruit for taste and hopefully some extra vitamins and antioxidants.

When I was really strapped for cash a while back I would buy a large Boston Butt(pork shoulder) and slow cook it with a drip pan for 8 hours or maybe even longer. Nearly all the car will melt away and your left with a good lean protein source than can be divided up(frozen if you choose) and you have meat to last quite awhile.

Hope this helps:lightbulb:

I heard buying cheap organ meat is pretty price effective and can taste good if you cook it right. ANy other ideas? Anyone know of some cheap bulk protein powder?

natural beef meat tasted good , garlic flavour ,every morning eat 2eggs enough for my protein , also took the Dbol tablet and Proviron

Eggs all the way. A couple days ago we picked up a box of 60 large from Walmart "whom I hate something fierce" for only $1.60!!! I hate that gawd forsaken place but damn that's cheap!

Whiskey

Eggs for me are the cheapest and easiest as I just get egg whites and drink them

I completely agree with eggs, now that the price has come back down. Back in 2015 it was nearly impossible to find a dozen eggs for less than $4, now they’re back around $1.20 a dozen which is definitely a cheap source of tasty protein. Eggs are expected to go up again this year, but nothing like a couple years ago, they’re estimating egg prices to rise by approximately 35% (according to the USDA). Still very affordable and delicious though.

The one other extremely cheap source of protein that I’m really surprised no one mentioned is MILK!

A gallon of milk is around $1.99, supplying 128 grams of protein at a cost of 1.55 cents per gram. A dozen large eggs @ $1.20 provide 72 grams of protein, at a cost of 1.66 cents per gram. With current pricing (using “regular” or “normal” milk and eggs, so no cage free eggs or organic milk) this gives a slight edge to milk. On the other hand eggs have a slightly higher biological value, 90-100 vs 85-95 (depending on the source you’re quoting). The numbers are close enough to say that per dollar, eggs and milk are pretty much equal in terms of quality protein and bang for the buck. Milk does have a slight advantage in that it doesn’t require cooking (technically eggs don’t either, but not too many people are fond of raw egg, and pregnant women, children, and the elderly are advised to avoid raw egg, and if the eggs aren’t pasteurized, there’s a slight risk of salmonella), so milk is a bit easier to consume, but eggs are one of the easiest foods to cook, so it’s pretty much a toss up.

Either way, milk or eggs, you can’t go wrong, both are great for anyone looking to gain or maintain muscle mass!

I go with eggs, chicken gizzards, milk, chicken breasts (I get all my chicken whether gizzards or breasts in bulk, so it's cheaper that way) plus true nutrition protein powder for a quick drink with the meals.

IMG_2221.jpg

Chicken chicken n more chicken 99cents a pound cant go any cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to eat Paleo as well, and I've resigned to the fact that it is just more expensive than a grain-based diet. However, I feel it's worth it if it makes you feel better and if it contributes to long-term health. I used to only buy organic/grass fed meat and eggs, but this was breaking the bank so I generally buy conventional protein now. I buy whatever cheap cut of meat is on sale, and tend to make a lot of stew that lasts the week or can be frozen. I want to learn to hunt this year, which I think could eventually lead to a cheaper protein source (money wise, not time wise).

Just bought 10 lbs of chicken breast on sale for 99 cents a pound.

Damn that's good. Best I've found so far was 10lbs for 14.99
Just bought 10 lbs of chicken breast on sale for 99 cents a pound.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Pork tenderloin is very lean and cheap. At costco its 1.99lb.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131