over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cream of Wheat Vs Oatmeal

BabyBeast05

Featured Member
Which do you prefer? I've seen a lot of people use cream of wheat instead of oats while dieting. Wondering who here does this

I have... Didnt really notice any difference as fat as fat burning goes... Nice to switch things up once in a while

i think the cream of wheat has to do with the insulin response they are trying to achieve while being under there calorie requirements allowing there thyroids to continue to function, as you probably noticed its not eaten everyday...

Personally I like oatmeal with shit load of cinnamon thats just me ,, but your a champ and have been right inline while eating white rice so I dont think any carbs really affect your conditioning specifically from what ive seen...

Oatmeal will definitely keep you full longer if your having trouble dealing with hunger issues then Id go with Oatmeal

So I've been blending raw oats with water and whey. Would the consistency be any smoother?

That's surprising to me. Cream of Wheat is high glycemic so it will cause an insulin spike. By contrast, oatmeal is low glycemic and has much more fiber. I would think it's better to eat cream of wheat only PWO (if at all), when you want to replenish muscle glycogen quickly, but otherwise stick to oatmeal.

Personally I like oatmeal with shit load of cinnamon thats just me

Me and you both! I've been eating this combo since a small child. Back when you didn't care that too much bread wasn't all that good for you, I loved 4 pieces of Roman Meal bread toasted, tons of butter, and heaping spoonfuls of cinnamon oatmeal piled high on top, then I'd each the whole thing in 4 bites. LOL!

So I've been blending raw oats with water and whey. Would the consistency be any smoother?

I consume oats this way every day and I've done it with cream of wheat... The cream of wheat gave me unimaginable gas... Horrible. I have to cook my cream of wheat

I consume oats this way every day and I've done it with cream of wheat... The cream of wheat gave me unimaginable gas... Horrible. I have to cook my cream of wheat

Lol, ok good to know thanks! I wont be doing it this way!

Steel cut oats

I don't really worry about the GI of foods, I've dieting my whole prep using white rice with no issues. To me the most important thing is how your body processes the food, if you process Brody rice horribly why eat it? Just cuz it's low on the GI? Doesn't make since to me. I do well with oats but for the same amount of carbs cream of wheat has less cals (because it has less fat) just looking for a way to slightly drop cals but not carbs.

Which do you prefer? I've seen a lot of people use cream of wheat instead of oats while dieting. Wondering who here does this

My prep coach had COW in one meal a day, but I could not tell you why. Steel cut seems like the best option but this is just speculation.....i wont pretend to be an expert but oats seem more unprocessed IMO.

On a related note, this is delicious if you want to use COW:

Cook as many egg whites as you want, then mix the cooked whites with the cooked cream of wheat. Add cinnamon and Splenda to the mixture. Tastes like bread pudding!!!

Simple Cream of wheat is disgusting ! So... Oatmeal is the way to go for me also better for you It is a good complex carb also kind of want to stay away from gluten when dieting but that is JMO

I just do plain oatmeal with PB and some grape jelly....YUMZ!!!

Plain ol old fashioned oats, splash of cinnamon, packet of sweet n low.. mmmmm...

Dude at whole foods the got gluten free brown rice grits(rice and shine)that murder cream of wheat or regular oats... They also have gluten free old fashion oats at trader joes.. Amazing

oats and yogurt.

My prep coach had COW in one meal a day, but I could not tell you why. Steel cut seems like the best option but this is just speculation.....i wont pretend to be an expert but oats seem more unprocessed IMO.

On a related note, this is delicious if you want to use COW:

Cook as many egg whites as you want, then mix the cooked whites with the cooked cream of wheat. Add cinnamon and Splenda to the mixture. Tastes like bread pudding!!!
Not to revive an old thread but damn this tasted nasty

Regular quick oats bloats the shit outa me but steel cut I feel fine.

After following some JM principles I've actually grown to love Cream of Rice the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're going with oatmeal you should always use Old Fashion Oats, the instant stuff is way more processed and not as good for ya.

I make a huge bowl, a weeks worth, and switch each week fro oatmeal to steel oats.

Every morning I take a big scoop of the oatmeal, nuke it, add a little almond milk, mix in a big scoop of pea protein (non flavored) big handful of raisins or craisins, and a chopped up banana.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator45
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131