over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cutting weight for a meet

PLer1290

Banned
I'm trying to get into the 242 weight class, I weigh around 255 right now. I am 12 days out from the meet. The meet is on Saturday, March 26. I will get weighed in the day before at 6PM.

What do you guys do to cut the weight? How should I structure everything to make sure I'll without a doubt make the 242s?

Whatever you do, 13 pounds in 12 days wont be "safe" unless your bf% is really high.

Whatever you do, 13 pounds in 12 days wont be "safe" unless your bf% is really high.

I never said anything about it being safe.

Guys routinely cut 15lbs of water weight a few days before the competition.

How do you guys do it?

read the thread on here called "a question for strongrhino." it has a few different water shedding methods.

I was 256lbs 24 hours out from weighin for my last meet, and easily made 242. Everybody cuts weight differently though.

All I did was stop eating after breakfast thursday morning. Drove to the hotel that afternoon. Hot tub to get body temp up, then steam shower in my room.. 30 min in, 5-10 min out. Did that about 6 times.. slept for a few hours.. then did it 2 more times.. weighed in 242 on the money.

Do you not have weighins the morning before? that gives you more time to put it back on.

Try a PSMF or at least keep it under 20 grams of carbs a day. If you have an AI handy take it so you'll lower your estrogen and shed mire water that way. Even throw in an OTC diuretic to lose even more water. You'll lose some fat but mostly all water doing this.

Try a PSMF or at least keep it under 20 grams of carbs a day. If you have an AI handy take it so you'll lower your estrogen and shed mire water that way. Even throw in an OTC diuretic to lose even more water. You'll lose some fat but mostly all water doing this.

So what kinds of foods should I be eating in the few days before weigh ins?

I just started a test e cycle with dbol as a kicker this week, meaning I will be on for about 2 weeks the day of weigh ins. Is aromasin enough for an AI? What kind of doses should I be running of it?

are you an equipped powerlifter?

what bodyfat percentage are you, approx?

Beginning now cut carbs way down or out.Two days before the competition start using something to eliminate water moderately and then a heavier doses the day before weigh in. After weigh-in salt and vinegar chips, beef jerky and a lot of water work great to get the bloat going and get the gear fitting nice and tight again.

hes raw...

at that bodyfat, you should be able to shed the water 18-24 hours out..

elitefts prolly has a few articles on the topic.

good luck at your meet!

cut your carbs & sodium the last 5 days before the meet, you will blow off your retained water. Cut the last bit in the sauna if need be as close as possible to weigh ins. no food 24 hours prior to weigh ins. take a fiber supplement 24 hours before weigh ins, like metamucil ect....cleans you out, no food in your gut...rehydrate & win don't fuck around with Furosamide unless you are experience & have access to supplemental K & IV fluids to rehydrate.

When you guys say cut sodium, how much sodium will I be allowed to have? I only ask because everything has a LITTLE sodium in it like a pouch of tuna has 300mg, unsalted almonds have some, unsalted peanut butter has some, etc.

Strive for under 1k mgs a day. If you eat a traditional diet now, the results will shock you. I do this for wrestling meets & fights, I lose between 5-8% of my body weight this way. Base your diet on oats, whey, chicken, greens ect. It's hard to do, drink lots of water, you'll flush out sodium that way as well. When your body is used to expelling 2 gallons a day, it will keep doing so, when you cut fluids last 24 hours.
I walk around @ 225, make 205 & under. I rehydrated with iv fluids tho. Lol

Old thread, but I figure I give my two cents for future inquiries. I had to cut down for my first meet. I put off shedding the pounds at the last minute so I was 153 lbs 4 weeks before weigh-in and cut down to 143 lbs to get into the Junior Women's 148 class. I had a chance to break state and world record bench for my weight class, that's why I did it (I didn't break it though @_@)It's not healthy. I lost strength and got sick twice. But that's not the worst of it.

All my equipment fit incorrectly! When I first got my deadlift suit (Inzer, don't remember the model) it took about 10 minutes to get me in it and it fit like a glove. Like a really small glove. Same with my bench shirt (also Inzer). I had bruises on my arms by my armpits and on my chest after breaking it in. Then come game day everything was too loose. I had to wear 2 layers of shorts and shirts to get the fit I wanted in my deadlift suit. And I had NO bruises whatsoever after taking off my bench shirt. I was pissed.

So just saying, if you're planning to go down a weight class, shed the weight early. It'll be easier on your body and your strength won't suffer as badly. You're raw so what I said doesn't apply to you, but for folks who compete equipped TRUST ME.

What I did was I changed my carb sources (I do 30 grams of carbs per meal) to strictly vegetables. Fat and protein sources stayed the same. Minimal to no salt. Only water. Did cardio (I NEVER do cardio). My macros are 30g Protein, 30 g Carbs, and 15 g fat. I alternate my meals with a protein shake of the same macros.

I was fortunate in that weigh-ins took place the night before and I had ample time to eat me some carbs and get some Pedialyte in me. I know alot of federations have them the morning of.

I get the the meet 2days before I lift and get on the scale the nigt before I weigh in to see what I need to drop. Then about 6-7pm I start the lasix to drop water. This is where it gets a little gross, I pee in to a gallon water bottle that way I can keep tabs on how much water iv dropped. 1gal water is about 8lb's, keep peeing in it till I get to where I need to be.... If u need to drop 8lbs you would want to fill the bottle up.

I need to drop 12 lbs witch would be 1.5gal water out. I ended up droppin 14lbs that morning I got up and went to the weigh ins and weighed in at218 then started drinkin mix I came up with the night before and ate nothin but carbs and liquids all day (didn't care about protien or fat) I ended up takin in 13-1500g carbs and gained back 16lbs in 24hr time frame. The day of the meet I was 236 1hr before the meet started..... I set 2 records in my weight class that day.... Lol must of worked.

Recap... Started at 232 went down to 218 then back up to 236!

Have you considered low dose Armour. Loose fat and gain strength with 1 grain on an empty stomach before breakfast ED.

If you are an equipped lifter U def needa thoroughly plan out weeks before... hopefully ur gear still fits?? You can't afford to lose valuable energy sources. GL

Good points about the gear not fitting. I've known many a guy to cut weight great only to bomb because his stuff was so loose.

I'm trying to get into the 242 weight class, I weigh around 255 right now. I am 12 days out from the meet. The meet is on Saturday, March 26. I will get weighed in the day before at 6PM.

What do you guys do to cut the weight? How should I structure everything to make sure I'll without a doubt make the 242s?

I do not have any suggestions, but I know it can be safely done.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131