over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

David Barton Gyms??WTF????

I made that comment before watching the video posted earlier. Who here has the expendable income? I see so many threads on "is grass fed beef worth it?" and "are organic foods really that much better?" It sounds like there are some folks out there that have cash to throw around. As for me, the university gym or my local powerhouse ($20 a month) will have to suffice. I sit back and wonder where this guy got the kind of backing to open these places up. I would say he is OBVIOUSLY doing well by the number of LAVISH gyms he opened but we all know appearances can be very deceiving. As long as they're not putting the real gym's like the metroflex's out of business i'm good.

Bleed- LOL it sounds just like Globo Gym!!

i really feel the trend is going back to smaller/medium sized "hardcore gyms"...people are finally realizing that they are wasting their money and getting no results with "corporate gyms" and thats exactly why metroflex gyms are popping up all over the country...

jersey shore show should have worked out here
i live in fl, the gym is nice... but what lifter can take it seriously in there?

You have got to be f**&ing kidding me!

So the wife and I are walking around Bellevue this weekend and see this place called David Barton Gym so we decided to take a look inside. Wow! I thought I was walking into a night club not a gym. If anyone has ever been to one of these places then you know what I am talking about. The lady giving us the tour said the lighting was especially designed to only shine on certain areas of the gym floor so your muscles would look better in the mirrors. AND they have a dj who spines techno music 3 nights a week. I can't fully explain how fucking absurd and over the top this place was. According to the staff David Barton was some top bodybuilder? Um, no. Just because you have a little muscle doesn't make you a bodybuilder. Not to mention it's pretty obvious he is batting for the other team (whatever floats your boat).

haha this actually sounds pretty cool. I'd wanna work out for three hours if a DJ was spinning techno over there

Wow, they definitely don't skimp on the swank there. I wonder what a monthly fee is.

I prefer the hardcore style gyms but don't have any near me now. But those gyms look great. The owner seems decent and he obviously understands training for the bb. So I am sure you could work out as hard as possible without issues in there. Although I imagine it would feel abit weird in a place like that. As NPCS stated I don't know what would be best to train or dance. The decor is so expensive I would have to run to the shower room out of fear of sweating on the furniture! Although I imagine they are designed with the shower rooms next to the gym and away from the seating areas.

The machines look great and the dumbbells are good so you have everything you need. Unnecessary expense for me though as all I need is gym for just training.

I wouldn't work out there if they gave me a free membership. That has to be one of the most rediculous things ive seen.

Holy Crap Batman that is awesome I would wanna go there for a honey moon or a weekend getaway lol :love: Not a get big gym but sure looks like a luxurious retreat.

I have got to get me a membership to this place...

I bet it's crawling with hot women, though I imagine avoiding the swarms of gay guys would get old. Still, not a bad price to pay ;)

Honestly I think its really cool. The guy is obviously very eccentric and turned his passion into hopefully a successful endeavor. I think alot of the board members here need to start being more secure in their masculinity/sexuality and accepting of others. Didn't read through everything but it seems like some from this thread and others are very biased against stuff like this.

When I was watching this interview I remembered that when I was looking for a new gym in '92 I toured his gym before the grand opening. It was on 14th Street not far from the PATH station. It was nice but since I didn't need to go north of Chambers Street I joined the Powerhouse that was on Fulton. Better Bodies was still operating at that time as well so I had a week's membership to try it out.

Dave Palumbo interviews David Barton at DBG Seattle!

When I was watching this interview I remembered that when I was looking for a new gym in '92 I toured his gym before the grand opening. It was on 14th Street not far from the PATH station. It was nice but since I didn't need to go north of Chambers Street I joined the Powerhouse that was on Fulton. Better Bodies was still operating at that time as well so I had a week's membership to try it out.

Dave Palumbo interviews David Barton at DBG Seattle!

Cool concept. Seems like it would be difficult to recoup money from such an expensive gym. Barton seemed a little stoned.lol

At the beginning of this clip I was reminded of Barton's gyms. Once away from the entrance it looks like a regular gym just a little dark.

Milan Sadek at CITY ATHLETIC CLUB Las Vegas

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT65TQSI_yo"]CITY ATHLETIC CLUB Las Vegas - YouTube[/ame]

That's the oddest gym I have ever seen. I guess in this gym, the guys have to worry about getting hit on, and stared at, more than the girls do :D

The locker room would not be my friend

You work out at home don't you.

If I had money...id totally go there.

Get a pump at the cathedral and worship thine body.

I bet the water fountain is always cold.

I bet trashy fucks don't piss all over the bathroom and locker rooms.

I went to a DBG while in Vegas for the O. Something like 30k square feet. It took up the entire 2nd floor of a huge building in Tivoli Village in Summerlin, very affluent area. A manager hooked me up with a free week pass. Its about a 35 minute drive from the strip so only ended up going once. Some of the best equipment ive seen. A lot of specialty pieces you wouldnt normally see. Yes the dumbells only go to 120's. The lighting is very inconsistent throughout. Non existent most of the time, a lot of natural light via windows. In the middle area of the gym the lighting throws some pretty crazy shadows in the right places. They were running a membership special that worked out to be like $80 a month if you paid in full.

I also went to the City Athletic Club, which isnbt much diffferent than a regular gym other than the nightclub decor and dark lighting with loud house music.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear