over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. Berry says statins don’t work!

There are many camps on this. Lots of anti-statin information out there. Despite not wanting to, I hopped on that statin train due to familial/genetic high cholesterol levels and particulate sizes. My bloodwork is markedly improved. Was it the wise choice, who knows.

I do NOT believe the case for statin drugs, especially for primary prevention, has been made.

There are many camps on this. Lots of anti-statin information out there. Despite not wanting to, I hopped on that statin train due to familial/genetic high cholesterol levels and particulate sizes. My bloodwork is markedly improved. Was it the wise choice, who knows.
Who knows is right! But statins appear to just be another money maker for BIG PHARMA. Don't be surprised if they do more harm in the long run than good. I highly doubt BIG PHARMA is going to allow you to see any of those studies.

I've come pretty close to full circle on this starting at anti statin.

Do I feel statins are over prescribed and overly dosed? Yes. Do I feel there are benefits to using statins for the PED user population? Yes.

As far as Doctors, they are in a bit of a pinch. An overweight, out of shape, Saratoga sweat hog (Ric Rude) comes into the office. The Dr. knows this person will not lose weight, start eating healthy, take their natural cholesterol support supps, etc. So what is the only option to keep this person "healthier"? Prescribe a statin. This is the same for most people needing BP meds.

As far PED users (especially those wanted to continue to use PED's over TRT at +40, +50, etc.). There are definitely some benefits here due to the extra stress the drugs over time put on the CV system through poor lipids, and whatever else. I feel the biggest benefit is the plaque stabilization you get. You can have 99% clear arteries and if a small piece of soft plaque breaks off you could get the "big gripper".

In the last 10 years, PED users have totally accepted using blood pressure meds for mitigation purposes but we have been stubborn about using statins for some reason.

I know nothing about them but IMO it's good that doctors are able to speak freely on things like this. When certain opinions are censored theres a problem and it's harmful for patients. Same as bodybuilding imagine if we feared getting banned for being a high or low volume proponent.

Well shit.... since I started this Crestor, I first had the shits, now I have muscle fatigue which I thought was just from dehydration and electrolyte imbalance but it isn't going away and now I'm taking Pepcid for the heartburn. I'm calling my doc and getting this changed. My numbers really aren't even that bad. Not perfect but not awful. I was afraid of this.

I was anti-statin but my doc convinced me with some pretty scary talk. My doctor is a friend, I take a generic, he has no ulterior motive. I just don't get it. I know he takes Lipitor. But I definitely feel side effects on 20mg/day Crestor.

At this point I have seen so much "evidence" that supports both sides of the arguments.

I will say this I will unlikely take ANYTHING that significantly lowers my day to day quality of life in pursuit of a fucking number on paper that is at best a highly debated matter.

@OuchThatHurts Have you tried taking CoQ10 or if already being more aggressive with dosage? This often helps statin users with the sides as they lower CoQ10 levels................not that your heart needs ATP right? lol

At this point I have seen so much "evidence" that supports both sides of the arguments.

I will say this I will unlikely take ANYTHING that significantly lowers my day to day quality of life in pursuit of a fucking number on paper that is at best a highly debated matter.

@OuchThatHurts Have you tried taking CoQ10 or if already being more aggressive with dosage? This often helps statin users with the sides as they lower CoQ10 levels................not that your heart needs ATP right? lol
I used to take it. Going to start again. Also going to 10mg. Fuck the numbers. I am NOT happy.😡 I has me pissed off. And that's not easy to do to me.

I used to take it. Going to start again. Also going to 10mg. Fuck the numbers. I am NOT happy.😡 I has me pissed off. And that's not easy to do to me.
I know we have had members here who were able to get away with 2-3 times a week "micro-dose" statins. I don't think many doctors have tried to find the lowest effective dose for most patients. They just go with the standard and to be fair most studies only show us A dose that works and not necessarily the lowest minimum and once they have an approved dose who is going to spend the cash to find the lowest if the "normal" was tolerable. I think this was the case with Accutane for years.

I believe there are some studies showing 5mg of Crestor 3 times a week can give good results without sides..I believe it moved all numbers in very positive manor..if I ever needed a statin I would start here and then get labs

I'd say 10 is even overkill to start. I'd drop to 5mg
I believe there are some studies showing 5mg of Crestor 3 times a week can give good results without sides..I believe it moved all numbers in very positive manor..if I ever needed a statin I would start here and then get labs
This is my plan, 10mg, then 5mg, then 5mg MWF, than the trash.

I'm definitely in the anti statin camp. It's usually automatically prescribed for the sake of lowering an LDL number. Sometimes when LDL is only slightly elevated.
I took it for awhile and had sides so I stopped and started doing some research on them.
I've been keto for 3 years now with a few breaks. My HDL is great, Triglycerides are great, Calcium score is zero. Considering these factors, I won't take a statin to lower LDL even though it is elevated on keto. Before anyone say's, "calcium score doesn't reflect soft plaque". I'm well aware of that.
I do believe statins to be beneficial for those who do have a moderate calcium score/plaque build up.

Well shit.... since I started this Crestor, I first had the shits, now I have muscle fatigue which I thought was just from dehydration and electrolyte imbalance but it isn't going away and now I'm taking Pepcid for the heartburn. I'm calling my doc and getting this changed. My numbers really aren't even that bad. Not perfect but not awful. I was afraid of this.

I was anti-statin but my doc convinced me with some pretty scary talk. My doctor is a friend, I take a generic, he has no ulterior motive. I just don't get it. I know he takes Lipitor. But I definitely feel side effects on 20mg/day Crestor.
I know of a lot of people that’s had to stop taking statins due to their nasty side effects. My primary care physician agrees with Dr. Berry. He said they seem to do more harm than good.

I'm definitely in the anti statin camp. It's usually automatically prescribed for the sake of lowering an LDL number. Sometimes when LDL is only slightly elevated.
I took it for awhile and had sides so I stopped and started doing some research on them.
I've been keto for 3 years now with a few breaks. My HDL is great, Triglycerides are great, Calcium score is zero. Considering these factors, I won't take a statin to lower LDL even though it is elevated on keto. Before anyone say's, "calcium score doesn't reflect soft plaque". I'm well aware of that.
I do believe statins to be beneficial for those who do have a moderate calcium score/plaque build up.
My uncle is a retired cardiologist. He was big on statins at first until he learned more about them. Towards the end of his career he only prescribed statins to people who had already had a heart attack in hopes it might help prevent another one. The key word here is HOPE.

Doctor A says x

Doctor B says
Over 50% of heart attack victims have low to moderate cholesterol levels. I believe clogging of the arteries is mostly caused by high glucose/insulin levels as seen in diabetics and pre diabetics. I also believe chronic high blood pressure can damage the endothelium—allowing plaque build up to occur.
NOTE: Statins increase the rate of calcification inside the arteries.

Did you know that statins increase calcium build up in the arteries? That can’t be good!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131