over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow / Tendon issues?

Every time we train we hit various different parts of the body which each have their own recovery rates.

The muscles, the tendons, central nervous system and bones are all stressed during training and require recovery time.

Anabolics, a decent training split and a lot of food mean we're rarely limited by muscle recovery.

It just so happens tendinitis is what occurs when the combined load and volume of the training effecting the (in your case elbow) area is too much to recover from.

There are only ever a couple of solutions which actually allow the body to heal that area:

1. Time and slow rehab.

It simply needs a little time off to get rid of the initial sharp stinging pain. Perhaps 1 to 2 weeks off anything which hurts. No testing during this time.

Start back lighter and pump some blood in the area.

2. Food and other recovery agents.

Anything which encourages the body to repair. Food, growth hormone, anabolics etc

I don't really believe in stuff like voodoo floss myself. I think it can displace the pain a little and if it helps you then cool.

But your big bang for your buck is simply rest and rehab. Just like the muscles need time to recover so do the tendons.

Your tendon is basically over trained.
Thanks I'm definitely not training triceps for a while.Appreciate the response

Going to order them now.Did you keep them on during your training or just a couple of minutes?Thanks brother
It’s quite painful. You definitely don’t keep on during training. Wrap them, move the arm around through range of motion. It’s like an intense massage. YouTube a couple videos for them. Kelly starrett does some really good one

Every time we train we hit various different parts of the body which each have their own recovery rates.

The muscles, the tendons, central nervous system and bones are all stressed during training and require recovery time.

Anabolics, a decent training split and a lot of food mean we're rarely limited by muscle recovery.

It just so happens tendinitis is what occurs when the combined load and volume of the training effecting the (in your case elbow) area is too much to recover from.

There are only ever a couple of solutions which actually allow the body to heal that area:

1. Time and slow rehab.

It simply needs a little time off to get rid of the initial sharp stinging pain. Perhaps 1 to 2 weeks off anything which hurts. No testing during this time.

Anything which encourages the body to repair. Food, growth hormone, anabolics etc

I don't really believe in stuff like voodoo floss myself. I think it can displace the pain a little and if it helps you then cool.

But your big bang for your buck is simply rest and rehab. Just like the muscles need time to recover so do the tendons.

It’s been scientifically proven that compression aids healing. It’s not a matter of believing it

It’s quite painful. You definitely don’t keep on during training. Wrap them, move the arm around through range of motion. It’s like an intense massage. YouTube a couple videos for them. Kelly starrett does some really good one
Got it just saw the videos.Appreciate you brotha!

What you have is tricep tendonitis. It's caused by overuse.

Your volume on your push movements ( chest press, shoulder press and all tricep work) is too much. Or the weights are too much, or a combination of excess weights and volume.

You have to give it time to heal and give it more rest when it's better to recover between sessions. For example, train chest Monday and Tri/Shoulder on Thursday so that the tricep tendon always has 3 days in between sessions to recover.
I agree with this, as I have Tricep Tendonitis.

I get a class 4 laser with massage every week for a few weeks when it flares up. Maintenance once a month. Ice elbows after every tricep and chest/shoulder workout. Wear elbow sleeves on presses.

ultimately I made three important adjustments to Training also:

1. I was pushing too much with my triceps for chest and Shoulder presses. This contributed to the overuse. The tension needs to remain on the chest/Shoulders. It was both form and inertia related. I believe my workouts are more productive now, and after dropping weights initially when following this practice I am almost back to the same.

2. I wasn‘t taking days off.

3. When working triceps I wasn’t moving my elbow (Pushing with my hand instead of flexing through my tricep). Place the tension on the triceps and move through the exercise.

Generally I have found Mike Van Wyck training style to be very helpful in this regard. Reccomend watching these.

It’s been scientifically proven that compression aids healing. It’s not a matter of believing it

Sure, if you're telling me it works for YOU and it's helped you then cool. I respect your opinion, and I wouldn't discount your experience.

But if you're telling me that what I felt was wrong, because 'science says' then I'm sorry I don't buy that and I don't think anyone should. I am more interested in what people have experienced themselves, and I base my decisions on what I've experienced and what's helped me.

I'm relaying my experience in this thread, and for me voodoo floss didn't do anything.

I had the same problem, it went away after I stopped training for 6 months and my shoulder healed as well, I only did cardio.

All the fancy workout and BPC plus1200mg og ipen a day for 30 days did help some put i could not train.

Sure, if you're telling me it works for YOU and it's helped you then cool. I respect your opinion, and I wouldn't discount your experience.

But if you're telling me that what I felt was wrong, because 'science says' then I'm sorry I don't buy that and I don't think anyone should. I am more interested in what people have experienced themselves, and I base my decisions on what I've experienced and what's helped me.

I'm relaying my experience in this thread, and for me voodoo floss didn't do anything.
Your experience doesn’t negate the proven evidence of compression in healing. R.I.C.E. They’ve since removed the I, but we’ve known this about compression for ever

Your experience doesn’t negate the proven evidence of compression in healing. R.I.C.E. They’ve since removed the I, but we’ve known this about compression for ever

I'm not trying to negate anything or anyone.

All I did in this thread was share my experience. You have a different point of view based on your experience and in my mind that's okay. Two people are allowed to hold different opinions on a topic.

I've not tried to negate your experience and I'd appreciate if you stopped trying to negate mine.

Not everyone has to agree on everything, all the time. You've stated your point, I've stated mine. That's it. Move on. OP will decide for himself what he wants to do, that's all we're here for, to help him.

I'm not trying to negate anything or anyone.

All I did in this thread was share my experience. You have a different point of view based on your experience and in my mind that's okay. Two people are allowed to hold different opinions on a topic.

I've not tried to negate your experience and I'd appreciate if you stopped trying to negate mine.

Not everyone has to agree on everything, all the time. You've stated your point, I've stated mine. That's it. Move on. OP will decide for himself what he wants to do, that's all we're here for, to help him.
I’m not trying to say that our experiences are different or prove anything. I’m saying the science is there on compression treatment

I’m not trying to say that our experiences are different or prove anything. I’m saying the science is there on compression treatment

Man, what are you even looking to get from this conversation at this point?

I've already said that I respect your opinion and your experiences. All I ask is that you do the same to me.

Voodoo floss did nothing for me, whatsoever. I stand by that because that's my experience.

You've stated your piece, I've stated mine. My post was my experience in what did actually help and it wasn't even addressed at you, yet you decided to engage me and you keep doing so and repeating the same point. There's no need.

People are allowed to hold different opinions. Not everyone needs to think or agree with you.

Deciding to tackle anyone who thinks differently to you, is not a good life strategy. Move on.

Man, what are you even looking to get from this conversation at this point?

I've already said that I respect your opinion and your experiences. All I ask is that you do the same to me.

Voodoo floss did nothing for me, whatsoever. I stand by that because that's my experience.

You've stated your piece, I've stated mine. My post was my experience in what did actually help and it wasn't even addressed at you, yet you decided to engage me and you keep doing so and repeating the same point. There's no need.

People are allowed to hold different opinions. Not everyone needs to think or agree with you.

Deciding to tackle anyone who thinks differently to you, is not a good life strategy. Move on.
Cool story bro

I think he’s just trying to drive home to you that having an “opinion” on something that is factually/objectively verifiable is a bit… silly. I have no thoughts on this discussion, but figured I’d try and help you see why he’s responding the way he is.

I think he’s just trying to drive home to you that having an “opinion” on something that is factually/objectively verifiable is a bit… silly. I have no thoughts on this discussion, but figured I’d try and help you see why he’s responding the way he is.

It's not just an opinion, it's my experience and I don't need everyone to agree with me. I've stated this multiple times now, but I'll say it again for your benefit; I don't need everyone to agree with me. I stated my experience with voodoo floss, and that it did nothing whatsoever for my pain.

You or anyone, doesn't have to agree with that. I never addressed anything to Heavyhitter, he specifically replied to me. I gave my input in this thread with the aim to help OP.

The problem here is that my experience seems to be different from someone elses and that seems to be a problem for them. This is not a problem for me. I am happy to live in a world where we have different experiences.

There are almost 8 billion people on this planet with different life experiences and views on things, who would have thunk we don't all think the same. We don't have to force everyone to think the same either.

This is the entirety of my original post:

1. Time and slow rehab.

It's not just an opinion, it's my experience and I don't need everyone to agree with me. I've stated this multiple times now, but I'll say it again for your benefit; I don't need everyone to agree with me. I stated my experience with voodoo floss, and that it did nothing whatsoever for my pain.

You or anyone, doesn't have to agree with that. I never addressed anything to Heavyhitter, he specifically replied to me. I gave my input in this thread with the aim to help OP.

The problem here is that my experience seems to be different from someone elses and that seems to be a problem for them. This is not a problem for me. I am happy to live in a world where we have different experiences.

There are almost 8 billion people on this planet with different life experiences and views on things, who would have thunk we don't all think the same. We don't have to force everyone to think the same either.

This is the entirety of my original post:
i completely agree with your initial post.
My "injury" happened at the time when my focus was too much shifted on progressive overload. This, together with my split which was 2 times every bodypart a week and next to no rest days led to it. I had "okayish" pain for weeks which still allowed me to train with pain and i remember one day where ive tried to increase the weight again on the incline hammer strength chest press and i had to stop the set because the pain went overboard.

cant edit anymore:
currently, my "injury" is getting better week by week since ive paid a lot of attention not to aggreviate it since beginning of december.
that means absolutely no pressing movements (not even "tests"), only side laterals on maschines, 2x weekly physiotherapy, massive dosages of bpc and tb around the injury site. Also, reduction of back excersises where i could not use straps

I had this same problem and still kind of do.
Used a therabar and did twists to strengthen my forearms as it was tennis elbow , it got so bad at times it literally would cramp and lock which was the nerve.
Used BPC, took 10 days off of all upper body, and then went back slowly using bands to work my tríceps and biceps working the full ROM and I did high reps at a light weight to get blood into the tendon… IE 50 reps of band push downs for 2 sets.
Used sleeves for a good year as well they really helped, got the mark bell sleeves.
Also would use a heating pad on the couch to get blood flow into my elbow.
Each day I used my USL it’s an ultrasound machine that creates heat and helps heal injuries.
You get tight forearms and it makes your elbows hurt, so they are overpowered and using too much stress.
I would say try out fat gripz too they take off a lot of the pain and will build up your elbows. The blue fat gripz are the ones I use and they’re amazing.
You definitely need to rest it but don’t rest too much on it because after 2 orthos views if I did that then even less blood goes to the tendon, so I hit the triceps 3x a week with high reps on the bands along with the therabar and it really fixed them up.

Bro the flossing has been a godsend💪💪

I had this same problem and still kind of do.
Used a therabar and did twists to strengthen my forearms as it was tennis elbow , it got so bad at times it literally would cramp and lock which was the nerve.
Used BPC, took 10 days off of all upper body, and then went back slowly using bands to work my tríceps and biceps working the full ROM and I did high reps at a light weight to get blood into the tendon… IE 50 reps of band push downs for 2 sets.
Used sleeves for a good year as well they really helped, got the mark bell sleeves.
Also would use a heating pad on the couch to get blood flow into my elbow.
Each day I used my USL it’s an ultrasound machine that creates heat and helps heal injuries.
You get tight forearms and it makes your elbows hurt, so they are overpowered and using too much stress.
I would say try out fat gripz too they take off a lot of the pain and will build up your elbows. The blue fat gripz are the ones I use and they’re amazing.
You definitely need to rest it but don’t rest too much on it because after 2 orthos views if I did that then even less blood goes to the tendon, so I hit the triceps 3x a week with high reps on the bands along with the therabar and it really fixed them up.
Yup agreed. The video I posted...when I came across it I thought the guy was a joke, but I tried everything including everything suggested here, rest, massage, ice, heat, nothing helped not even 1 percent. Bought that little therabar to twist and after a few days I was amazed. A few weeks forgot I ever had tennis elbow.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear