over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite recover techniques

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Whats everyone using to help with training recovery and over all general health.
The ice baths seem to be pretty popular and several people ive talked to say they absolutely help
Red light therapy its supposed to have some clinical data saying its helps some.
Deep tissue massage has been a standard for decades.
Cupping seems like it caught on but has fallen off a bit.
Dry needling seems like its love or hate type deal
Grafton scraping seems like its getting a little more popular especially for joint/tendon work.
Body tempering has some merit , ive been doing that a bit and definitely seems like.its helping my legs recover faster now that im back training them hard

Sleep - extra if needed
Proper diet
Stretching, GPP work
Hot tub before bed is nice and relaxing
Deep tissue and all similar stuff is great

Cupping is bullshit for me - waste of time
No access to ice baths etc

Been meaning to do more cold showers and meditation but fell off the wagon.

#1 is the same as the two above said - Sleep.

Others - stretching and the deep tissue massages worked great for me.

AB

I go once a month for dry needling. Weekly for RMT and he does scraping when needed.

Cupping is nice but its been a little bit since I've gone.

The biggest difference for me has been sleep. Ive been using a CPAP for maybe half a year but lately starting tape my mouth and its been a game changer. It even helped my overall performance now, I very rarely mouth breathe whereas I did quite a bit before when winded.

Stretch and roll out for 15-20 mins in the AM after fasted cardio daily.

Every second day I usually stretch and roll out in the evening for 30 mins. Then jump in the hot tub for another 30. Not sure how much this helps but def feels relaxing.

Good food
Sufficient rest before next workout.
I have tried many other things but they seem to fall by the wayside. Which tells me i didn't get any real benefit from them. And if the benefit is not easily quantifiable then in my opinion it is not working. And anything subjective is most likely a placebo.

Post workout static stretching and then a 15 minute mobility/yoga session in the evening. Improving my flexibility was one of the best things for my overall recovery and workout output.

Deep sleep is life.
I really need to get more deep tissue work but very slim options in my area.

Lots of food after i train and Iv been using my TENS unit after intense training sessions. Used it the last three leg workouts and I never got any DOMS afteword at all. And Iv been getting it pretty normally after brutal leg training since I started training. The only thing I’m doing different is the TENS unit. Wish I could say sleep but Iv never slept worth a fuck. On a good night maybe a few hours all broken up. So sleep for me has little or nothing to do with my recovery Iv always relied on food instead and it must work. I foam roll often too but it’s no miracle

Good food
Sufficient rest before next workout.
I have tried many other things but they seem to fall by the wayside. Which tells me i didn't get any real benefit from them. And if the benefit is not easily quantifiable then in my opinion it is not working. And anything subjective is most likely a placebo.

This

Lots of food after i train and Iv been using my TENS unit after intense training sessions. Used it the last three leg workouts and I never got any DOMS afteword at all. And Iv been getting it pretty normally after brutal leg training since I started training. The only thing I’m doing different is the TENS unit. Wish I could say sleep but Iv never slept worth a fuck. On a good night maybe a few hours all broken up. So sleep for me has little or nothing to do with my recovery Iv always relied on food instead and it must work. I foam roll often too but it’s no miracle
I've toyed around with getting a tens unit after seeing them for around $40 on Amazon. I'm just not sure how good those ones are.

Awesome thanks I'll have to get one. I also got my foam roller from Amazon and it's a nice to have for use every now and then.
The foam roller is a great tool. Iv got a thumper with the raised bumps on it. Seems to get deeper than the regular roller. I also have a pampered chef stainless steel baking rolling pin that I store in the freezer my gf gets my shoulders and arms with it.

The foam roller is a great tool. Iv got a thumper with the raised bumps on it. Seems to get deeper than the regular roller. I also have a pampered chef stainless steel baking rolling pin that I store in the freezer my gf gets my shoulders and arms with it.
Never thought about using a rolling pin but that's a good idea 🤣. Have you ever tried either the foam roller, rolling pin, or thumper gun to help break up scare tissue from injecting IM in the same spot? Kind of like deep tissue work.

Sleep and food are obviously first and foremost.
i use a “Rumble Roller” for foam rolling but lately been using a 100 pound piece of pipe for rolling out my back and hamstrings (my son has to do it) and it’s really helped with soreness and next day tightness. It’s more about a prolonged static load than the rolling/massaging. If you look up “body tempering” there is some good info on it.
I’ve also been to seen a guy down here that does a sort of cupping but it’s hooked to vacuum pump so he can drag it along the facial plains , this has worked WAY WAY better that anything else for recovery in range of motion for my back/shoulder after this last surgery. it’s fucking painful as hell but has helped more than anything else.

Some damn good ideas

Sleep was said I use a vape as I have trouble sleeping
Limit stress. I find hiking helps with this alone, just feels good gets my mind off stressors
10 minute stan walks

I do hot baths and contrast showers although the evidence says they don't work

Foam rolling stretching

Weekly cheat day. More a diet thing but mentally relives stress and I feel recovered and better energy for days after. Steak + potatoes

Never thought about using a rolling pin but that's a good idea 🤣. Have you ever tried either the foam roller, rolling pin, or thumper gun to help break up scare tissue from injecting IM in the same spot? Kind of like deep tissue work.
like this lol ya I use it everyday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 16

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views