over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite recover techniques

Sleep Sex and Stretch for me ♥️

Don't know if it's been mentioned but thc. I only hit it before bed to pass out but a game changer for insomnia or getting deep sleep.

Deloads or a full week off. Depends. Throw in massage and sitting on my ass and I'm golden.

I know that myself, i do the basics of stretching and light mobility work. I focus on sleep. Nothing special just the basic shit.
But from just chatting with other large BBers, most do way more. Of course, these guys are top level amateurs and pros, all SHW guys.
But all of them do some form of deep tissue and scraping every 2 weeks to help open up. When i chime in that i do NONE of that, they are shocked.

To be honest, BBing is an expensive hobby. The gear, the gh, the food, all of that....AND some expert beating up my body to kiiinda look better. I try to cut some corners and thats one of them I will work around. Again, i am no top level Amateur or future pro...im a big state level BBer thats it. MAYBE, if i had that potential i would throw more $$$ in it.

I get weekly deep tissue massage that often includes scraping and/or cupping (my therapist decides which techniques where and when. That's her bag, I just lay there and take it 😎).

Yoga 3 x per week has been a huge game changer for me. Not only do I recover quicker, performance is exponentially better and far less injury prone.

HGH 😂

IMO the contrast showers don't do diddly squat for recovery I think studies show they actually hurt, but damn feel good and give a placebo affect to reduce stress, give energy etc. trying to get my mom into then
I don’t think the cold showers compared to cold plunges but I definitely think they’re beneficial especially for those of us that don’t have the time or the space to get a cold plunge and dump blocks of ice in it and deal with that all the time and don’t want to pay $20.03 times a week to go somewhere and get in a cold plunge The other thing that super beneficial about cold plunging is that it builds mental fortitude and an ice cold shower particularly you know in the months between say you know November and you know March the water coming out of my shower if it’s just pure cold water is somewhere in the 40s which Staying under that for 3 to 4 minutes takes everything I have mentally especially first thing in the morning, so there is a benefit. I’d hate to say that it’s a waste to do cold showers cause it’s not a waste, but if you don’t have access to a cold, or you don’t wanna invest in a cold plunge that sitting on your back porch if you live in a state that’s hot is going to be worthless you know all summer because you can’t get enough of 14 pound ice blocks in there Because the waters you know already 85° when you’re up at 5 AM you know cold showers in the winter and then you know cold punches during the summer is a great way to save money and still have a decent effect over the long-haul

I can't prove but I too feel contrast showers, cold tubs, etc really help me recover. If they don't well I still feel amazing after so that itself is a positive. Hot normal shower in the morning then switch to cold for as long as I can stand. For another contrast as hot as I can go for a couple minutes then cold for a minute or so. 3-5 rounds and I'm feeling great. Body tempering is great if you can find a partner for the posterior work. Light recovery workouts with harder cardio like sled pushes. If Donnie Thompson proposes it I am usually doing in some manner.

I can't prove but I too feel contrast showers, cold tubs, etc really help me recover. If they don't well I still feel amazing after so that itself is a positive. Hot normal shower in the morning then switch to cold for as long as I can stand. For another contrast as hot as I can go for a couple minutes then cold for a minute or so. 3-5 rounds and I'm feeling great. Body tempering is great if you can find a partner for the posterior work. Light recovery workouts with harder cardio like sled pushes. If Donnie Thompson proposes it I am usually doing in some manner.
Could very well help us recover. Science isn't the end all be all and it always changes. About a year ago "rir" was said to be better than.... actual training to failure. Now the new protein study comes out, imagine that... people don't need to carry around tupperware in a cooler with 8 oz chicken and 8 oz of rice to work all day to keep their gainz.

I tried just about everything over the years and nothing helped as much as pump workouts. These are just sessions with light weight and higher reps with the goal of circulation and getting a massive pump. When I incorporated these I could go nearly max effort day.
Now I'm old and after multiple injuries and tears my only workouts are pump workouts lol. The risk/reward ratio to lifting heavy became too great.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws