over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hey slesh

And for the record I'm am not saying NO SLESH YOUR FUCKING WRONG! I think he makes excellent points and I always say there are 100 ways to kill a rabbit, what was surprising was how adamant he was against the 80/20 method.

Once again I stand by this for anyone
1. Teach them to accurately track food and calories
2. Give them a calorie goal
3. Give them a protein goal

If they can do the above three thing they will succeed. They MUST do the above 3 things.

But coach I'm hungry well then tomorrow instead of having brownies have an equated number of calories in a large salad (they probably can't even eat that much) do that for two days then have brownies on the third. If they stay within the calorie goal they will slay this shit. Normal people diet is so fucking easy it's crazy. Now precontest diet for a show is a different animal and even it's easy until you get to a low body fat then shit gets difficult.
This right here- totally different ballgame.

I would say my wife follows the 80/20 or flexible dieting as I call it and it works for her. She doesn’t compete, but is in the gym and lives the lifestyle. It works for her.

She has a totally different relationship with food than I do though. If I ate a brownie I’d be thinking “shit I just fucked my whole plan up.” Even in the off-season. But I would go right back to my meals the next day. It’s just a mental thing for me because of the extreme.

80/20 has worked best for me personally. It's something I can view as a subtainable lifestyle change to my diet. I always try to hit my protien goals first and then I can live with knowing it's okay to have a bit of ice cream later in the day as long as I am still within my caloric deficit. I quickly become burnt out with the all of nothing approach; I need a bit of balance to keep me sane. LOL.

I really think it’s gonna depend a lot on someone’s personality type as well.

If you give some people an inch of freedom… they go overboard. Other people can have a bit of something and just be satisfied… but in reality if that person was already like that they likely wouldn’t be fat in the first place.

However on the flip side I can also see how they can view a complete diet 180 as very daunting and that can turn them off as well.

It's frustrating to see ripped guys on social media flexing with their "epic cheat meals". I've called people out for that, because I think it sends the wrong message (actually multiple wrong messages).

One way to get a ton of followers, is to tell people what they want to here. "You don't need to eat tons of protein" "You can enjoy the foods you love and still get in shape" "You don't have to train heavy" etc.

It's frustrating to see ripped guys on social media flexing with their "epic cheat meals". I've called people out for that, because I think it sends the wrong message (actually multiple wrong messages).

One way to get a ton of followers, is to tell people what they want to here. "You don't need to eat tons of protein" "You can enjoy the foods you love and still get in shape" "You don't have to train heavy" etc.
100%

80/20 works in a vacuum, with perfect compliance. It’s still not ideal, since micronutrients matter, but for body weight purposes, yeah, it works.

With that being said, humans aren’t lab experiments and the point @slesh is making is that people taking advice from insta influencers are the exact type of people to severely miscalculate calorie intake.

I know dudes who literally thought they didn’t need to track full sugar soda, or think about slathering mayo on a burger, or that a tablespoon of peanut butter meant just carving out a big scoop with a dinner spoon.

If you open the door to morons to eat junk, they’ll overdo it.

For someone well versed in accurate tracking who also possesses discipline, it works. But that’s what, like 5% of people?

B-Boy reminds me of Bob Cicherello. Get your protein in and keep your calories within the TEE range and based on if your trying to gain muscle or shred (manipulate carbs and utilize cardio as needed). As for all this "weak minded" crap. Most people are not disciplined and social media influencers are trying to make money off of idiots and obviously they are getting to Slesh. They are annoying but they are here to stay.
It's just like these real estate guys or affiliate marketing crap to sell a $7 e-book. They are making money selling basic nonsense and are here to stay as long as people watch and buy.
The audience here is advanced and I love learning and hopefully I'm contributing.
Slesh said one thing I agree on. It can take 20 years to learn your body and what foods work and what doesnt. That goes for certain exercises. I've destroyed my body in some ways trying to do exercises that don't work for my body mechanics ONLY bc Dorian did it or the experts said that everyone must deadlift etc. I got the most growth after 20 years and listening to my body digestion, how I feel etc....

Tons of those dudes honestly just make themselves throw up after or just calorie horde.

And for the record I'm am not saying NO SLESH YOUR FUCKING WRONG! I think he makes excellent points and I always say there are 100 ways to kill a rabbit, what was surprising was how adamant he was against the 80/20 method.
Definitely no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way if it works it works … just perhaps best application per the individual. Based on their metabolism, digestion, personality, etc.

If someone can grow and get shredded on 80/20 more power to them. I’ve known people like this and they usually can get away with a lot.

For me … I have shit genetics, TSH of 2.5, and damaged kidneys / crazy autoimmune disease where I spill a lot of protein in my urine … to maximize my gains and health I eat the exact same 3 meals every single fuckin day in a 20-4 window at the same exact times. No snacks. I deviated twice in the last year … purely to appease my fiancé, lol. Grilled chicken salad, oats and protein, and egg whites. All around my workout. My body handles these foods well and it doesn’t cause my immune stuff to flare (or kidneys to inflame) + allows me to look relatively big and lean = win/win for me.

If I could do 80/20 and look killer and be healthy then id do that. But shit I’ll do whatever it takes to balance my health and fitness … I did 12 months straight of OMAD while sorting out my kidney stuff on high dose prednisone to give my kidneys reprieve and stay lean.

I think the mindset matters the most on the 80/20.

My idea of the 80/20…..say the old lady wants to go to dinner? So this will be one of my 20% meals….

I’ll order the leanest cut of steak there, and a baked white potsto. No butter, sour cream, bacon or all that. just salt pepper, and some salsa. I’ll “endulge” with a roll if they have good rolls.

On the other hand, I could do the 20% rule and order the shrimp Alfredo and eat half a dozen garlic breadsticks.

That’s easily a difference of 1000 calories, from fat and carbs.

I think the mindset matters the most on the 80/20.

My idea of the 80/20…..say the old lady wants to go to dinner? So this will be one of my 20% meals….

I’ll order the leanest cut of steak there, and a baked white potsto. No butter, sour cream, bacon or all that. just salt pepper, and some salsa. I’ll “endulge” with a roll if they have good rolls.

On the other hand, I could do the 20% rule and order the shrimp Alfredo and eat half a dozen garlic breadsticks.

That’s easily a difference of 1000 calories, from fat and carbs.
LOL...I agree. I have a wife and two young childern, so in order for me to be somewhat normal and fit into our family structure 80/20 works best. My wife is a former college level athlete who has always been naturally lean and eats 80/20 naturally without having to really think about it. The 80/20 allows us to have a slice or pizza or pecie of cake at our kids birthday party or go out to dinner with friends and be able to eat somewhat normal. We typically order a dish and share it. The 80/20 gives us the flexibilty to stay lean and fit without having to totaly give up to much. Of course the anabolics and GH help as well with that as well. LOL

Is this 80/20 thing being pushed only for weight loss

LOL...I agree. I have a wife and two young childern, so in order for me to be somewhat normal and fit into our family structure 80/20 works best. My wife is a former college level athlete who has always been naturally lean and eats 80/20 naturally without having to really think about it. The 80/20 allows us to have a slice or pizza or pecie of cake at our kids birthday party or go out to dinner with friends and be able to eat somewhat normal. We typically order a dish and share it. The 80/20 gives us the flexibilty to stay lean and fit without having to totaly give up to much. Of course the anabolics and GH help as well with that as well. LOL

Bahaha I feel your pain brother, my lady ran track for Kentucky. Eats just as much as I do at 90 lbs lighter lol. 30+ miles a week, she is a black hole for food

Bahaha I feel your pain brother, my lady ran track for Kentucky. Eats just as much as I do at 90 lbs lighter lol. 30+ miles a week, she is a black hole for food
LOL...we are in the same boat. My lady played soccer at a D1 school and was super fit. 20 some odd years later she is still within 10 to 15 pounds of what she weighed when she played and this is after having two kids. She's still super fit and if you ask her she doesn't diet. She just follows the 80/20 rule.

Definitely no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way if it works it works … just perhaps best application per the individual. Based on their metabolism, digestion, personality, etc.

If someone can grow and get shredded on 80/20 more power to them. I’ve known people like this and they usually can get away with a lot.

For me … I have shit genetics, TSH of 2.5, and damaged kidneys / crazy autoimmune disease where I spill a lot of protein in my urine … to maximize my gains and health I eat the exact same 3 meals every single fuckin day in a 20-4 window at the same exact times. No snacks. I deviated twice in the last year … purely to appease my fiancé, lol. Grilled chicken salad, oats and protein, and egg whites. All around my workout. My body handles these foods well and it doesn’t cause my immune stuff to flare (or kidneys to inflame) + allows me to look relatively big and lean = win/win for me.

If I could do 80/20 and look killer and be healthy then id do that. But shit I’ll do whatever it takes to balance my health and fitness … I did 12 months straight of OMAD while sorting out my kidney stuff on high dose prednisone to give my kidneys reprieve and stay lean.
You eat those 3 meals all within 4 hours? Then fast the other 20? What time of day is your eating window?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyjoe8605
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131