advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many IF'ers do we have vs other diet strategies?

Which nutritional stragegy have you found to be the most effective?

• Yes! I love IF, works awesome for me!

Votes: 107 35.8%
  • I do multiple small meals a day.

Votes: 55 18.4%
  • I eat 2 -3 lerge meals a day 100+gr protien in them

Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Eating only when Im hungry, not any other time.

Votes: 36 12.0%
  • Eating 6+ meals a day with 60-70 gr protein

Votes: 56 18.7%
  • Eating WTF is that??!!

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • You mean I should have to eat? I just take more drugs

Votes: 13 4.3%

• Total voters
This is my thing, when I've dieted into the single digits i was doing 1+ hour cardio a day and training 5-6 days a week. In the morning I was so hungry and having the most intense hunger pangs ever there would be no way possible I could even go to 8-9am without eating. Metabolism was moving so fast. I couldn't focus my mind was wack and the tren really gets a hold of ya when your food deprived.. I could never imagine recovering from Meadows "creeping death" workouts by following IF...

Btw Pharmfed you have good genetics bro! Damn sure ain't a skinny Ecto like I was saying..

Your observations are mistaken.I too have done very well with intermittant fasting drug free.

How long have you followed it? I'm curious? I've done it myself for 2-4 week periods and dropped weight fast. But by no means was it as good at building muscle as a typical diet

This is so insane... Of course you will maintain size while on gear, peps, GH etc!!! ROFLMAO!! I've eaten literally nothing on days(do to my job) for extended periods of time on and off and kept all my size and strength, BECAUSE I WAS ON GEAR! Throw gear out the window and tell me how beneficial IF would be at maintaining or building an ounce of muscle for the average 5'10" ectomorph at 160-180lbs... Shit when I was a dumb 19(ten yrs ago)year old kid I always thought I looked the best cycling sustanon redijects and finaplix doing a weekend coke binger partying my ass off then waking up Monday morning, dry and vascular as fuck! That don't mean it was conducive to bbing.... Shit almost anything will work wit decent genetics and great gear

Bro , if you haven't done it dont diss it so hard especially when it has worked for others . Especially with such claims and making it sound so bad , this post just sounds highly uneducated and doesn't come off as someone speaking with the slighest bit of intelligence. I'M an "ectormorph" by all means everyone in my family is pretty much an ectomorph if you want to put it like that lol, and I have had major success with this eating style. I've also used some of Meadow's workouts fasted ( although most of the time I dont train fasted I just go on with my day and if I eat before a workout so be it , no biggie! The biggest thing about this game is to not stress about the little shit ) if you have the mental placebo of thinking man If I dont have a preworkout meal im fucked ! I have to have my pre workout / intra workout / post workout meal otherwise my workout is a total waste and im wasting my time, then of course you will probably have a shitty workout!

If you go in there and tear shit up and then eat your calories and eat your daily requirements and don't sweat all the small stuff then everything will be fine, you will grow and you will gain. You don't need to wait for the "stars to align" every meal, or for your pre workout/post workout / intra workout meal / meal before bed , etc. Like many others have said find out what works for you and use it , don't be afraid to try new things though , im not saying throw all reasonable logic out the window and to not diss something "just because you haven't tried it " but some things can really change your perspective and might even change it for the better. I use to be very ocd about all the things mentioned in here ( eating constantly, pre workout meals, post workout meals, intra workout , before bed, etc ) but when you train and eat intelligently and do everything else right you will find its all the same!:love:

What's crazy is I actually started the IF approach when I got completely OFF gear...so I haven't even tried the stuff with the addition of something like Test + Tren or maybe just some Test Prop + some Var at the end....my god that would insane...:love:

How long have you followed it? I'm curious? I've done it myself for 2-4 week periods and dropped weight fast. But by no means was it as good at building muscle as a typical diet

It wasn't good for building muscle in what ways? Im willing to bet you didn't eat the same amount of calories/proteins/macronutrients as you did previously, or you dropped weight because you were weighing yourself during the fast and perhaps dropped water weight. You did it for 2-4 weeks and were gauging it off of building muscle ? If your diet was on track theres no way you would notice such a dramatic weight loss if your diet was on track even with water weight dropping , sorry but theres nothing other then your diet that would have caused this , its not like 16 hours of fasting caused your muscles to all of a sudden not respond to a calorie surplus. There's been evidence that it takes longer then 24+ hours before muscle wasting occurs even in atheletes, I believe it was around 36+ hours actually.

What's crazy is I actually started the IF approach when I got completely OFF gear...so I haven't even tried the stuff with the addition of something like Test + Tren or maybe just some Test Prop + some Var at the end....my god that would insane...:love:

Same here I started it when taking a long break and have messed around with it both on and off and during cuts and bulks, I have not noticed a single bit of difference physically , I only use it because of the convienence and I prefer to be satiated/eat bigger meals/ im way more productive when I dont have to worry about what im going to pack/cook/prepare for the day, I just get up and get my day going then after im done working out or have time I make my meals. It's just such a normal routine to get on about my day without worrying about breakfast , I just get up get ready for work leave, come back around 2 pm and then I eat or ill go to the gym after work and then I eat all my meals. I don't get the slighest bit hungry with water/coffee/diet soda , and keeping myself occupied.

Flipper, I did 8 weeks last march through may. I got fairly decent body re-comp dropping 10 lbs with no strength or lean mass loss. I am currently finishing week one and not sure how long I'll go this time (thinking 10-12 weeks) The raging hunger you speak of subsides usually into the second week and you just find things to keep busy while not even realizing how much time has passed since your last meal. My gear days are over but if I were on cycle trying to gain mass I probably wouldn't do this but would not hesitate to do IF on a cutter.

Thanks Tom, honestly I'm just trying to find the logic. Sorry IFers if you felt like I was attacking in earlier posts. I have tried it and lost fat considerably but was know where near as beneficial to me as a regular diet. That's why my reaction was the way it was. Very similar reaction to when I tried the polumbo diet that's all..

Thanks Tom, honestly I'm just trying to find the logic. Sorry IFers if you felt like I was attacking in earlier posts. I have tried it and lost fat considerably but was know where near as beneficial to me as a regular diet. That's why my reaction was the way it was. Very similar reaction to when I tried the polumbo diet that's all..

All that matters is what works for you for your current goals.m IF doesn't sound like it is for you. But as long as you try things then evaluate that is all that matters

I love IF for a few reasons:
- it's very simple
- it takes less focus on eating all day long
- you can have bigger/more satifieing meal during the day
- I can train fasted (love training fasted)
- it burn the fat faster than any other diet (keto carb cycling tkd ckd etc-tried all of them)

the only downside is muscle building on IF, this is why this time arround I have about 4 IF days where I eat 3-4 meals 3-4000cals/day with two 6-8 meals a day diet days with 6000-8000calorie and 1 24hour fasting day during the week. Keeps me lean and hungry even on my highest 8000 calorie days I don't have to stuff myself with the food.

- it's very simple
- it burn the fat faster than any other diet (keto carb cycling tkd ckd etc-tried all of them)

the only downside is muscle building on IF, this is why this time arround I have about 4 IF days where I eat 3-4 meals 3-4000cals/day with two 6-8 meals a day diet days with 6000-8000calorie and 1 24hour fasting day during the week. Keeps me lean and hungry even on my highest 8000 calorie days I don't have to stuff myself with the food.

I definitely agree with the posters above, if you try it out and find out it's not for you then thats perfectly fine ! Just make sure to eat the same calories/macros as you normally would as well as give it some time not just a day or two, and are tracking everything , if it doesn't workout or you dont feel as good then it's not for you just like for some people eating 6-8 small meals doesn't feel right.

I do agree with your points TR , although I honestly noticed no superior results in terms of fat burning and fasted training, for ME they weren't superior but they weren't inferior , but the other points you made were definitely true, I especially love the satiation of bigger meals! During a bulk is where it just gets out of hand sometimes, I get so damn stuffed like I mentioned earlier , trying to eat over 4k calories in a 6-8 hour time period was easy after my contest , but then in the months after that I could only eat that many calories when the carbs/calories were coming from less macronutrient dense foods such as pop tarts/cereals/ high calorie breads over potatoes/rice/oats , it didn't make an impact on my physique but it made an impact on me wanting more and more of these types of foods and less of the blander foods and then when I tried to switch back I couldn't even eat 3k calories without feeling stuffed. So on bulks I just do around 4-5 meals.

I've tried IF for 3 months and didn't like it.

Althought i felt learn and supprisingly stronger, i was so flat and moody all the time. I look horible.

After i followed a 5-6x meals a day, muscle pumps and vascularity came back. Muscles looked rounder and much fuller.

- it's very simple

The muscle building part seems like a big downside for any serious bber...other than for maintenance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I'll say if did teach me a few things that suprised me...

You don't need to eat before training let alone have big meals before...was shocked at how good they were or at least initially

Also you won't magically melt away if you don't eat every two hours or God forbid ...12 hours...

So bang for Buck I think it might be workable for non competitors but I don't think it's remotely ideal for high level bbers...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Great job btw pharm fed! Good shit. Do you think you could have achieved the same results wit cardio and typical 4-6 meal high pro/low carb approach?

I'm sure that would have worked as well. However I do feel that IF worked faster to lean out than alternative methods.

This is my thing, when I've dieted into the single digits i was doing 1+ hour cardio a day and training 5-6 days a week. In the morning I was so hungry and having the most intense hunger pangs ever there would be no way possible I could even go to 8-9am without eating. Metabolism was moving so fast. I couldn't focus my mind was wack and the tren really gets a hold of ya when your food deprived.. I could never imagine recovering from Meadows "creeping death" workouts by following IF...

Btw Pharmfed you have good genetics bro! Damn sure ain't a skinny Ecto like I was saying..

lol, well thanks. In my eyes I'm barely average but that's quite a compliment so thank you.

I'm doing 24 hour fasts on tren and im shocked how quick the fat is dropping off tren just makes everything better :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've been doing it for a few weeks now and like it so far. My strength is still going up at the same pace as before but I am losing weight. Now as many have said I don't think it would be practical for someone that was much bigger or looking to go pro or getting to that size because I don't think you could get enough food in during the eating window, but for many people that are just looking to have big muscles with a good physique then I think it works great. For me it works because I don't have a set schedule every day so preparing 6 meals a day becomes difficult. I am also natural, too. I workout three times a week and they are very high intensity for about two hours each time so I plan a small meal at 1pm, then workout at 3-5, then get the rest of my food in between 5-9 but usually finish a bit before 9 so I get about 17 hours of fasted state and I haven't had any problems with energy while working out.

See I can see more logic coming around now. For a fitness look or MP look I could see IF working great. Keeps stomach tight, no bloating really, training 3-4 days a week. I can definently see it being beneficial for losing fat and maintaining muscles.

See I can see more logic coming around now. For a fitness look or MP look I could see IF working great. Keeps stomach tight, no bloating really, training 3-4 days a week. I can definently see it being beneficial for losing fat and maintaining muscles.

I do believe if could even be used on a very big muscular guy to cut, just not to get big to start with.

I'm a hybrid lol. Only if when cutting in combination with cpwo, when bulking or maintaining more traditional eating pattern. As I said in the other thread though if I ever do a show ill hire John or shelby and eat what they tell me when they tell me so I've got no horse in this race. My biggest problem with cutting any other way is I really struggle with portion control, and the more often I eat the hungrier I get. Good for gaining bad for triming. Hopefully this thread will stay civil as it's an interesting subject

Shelby controls my diet and when I did a show with him I never really got hungry except sometimes around 10pm He told me to suck it up cannot afford anymore calories. Told me to drink more calorie free drinks and Hot green Tea. said it would release dopamine and make me feel better. Dieting was very pleasant.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws