advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how many of you can't gain the size you're after?

For non natural & natural.

and you think you're doing all you can to get there, but not happening.

I'm not out trying to be the biggest freak I can possibly be, so I would say I am satisfied with the gains I've made over the last few years. Nothing print worthy, just a steady increase in mass and shape. I don't have a desire to compete either, which puts things more into perspective for me personally. Lifting is just something I enjoy very much and is an outlet for me. I will say my outlook has definitely changed from my initial use with aas. Started out wanting to be a freak, but over time I realized that I was pushing it a little harder than I needed and realized that it wasn't worth the price. I still have goals of getting better, but taking the steady path to success one step at a time now.

It's been said "Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride."

The weight I would have to carry at my height to look like I'd like to wouldn't be healthy at my age, or even comfortable. And the amounts I would have to do to get there with my genetics wouldn't be healthy either. On top of that, the size I would like aesthetically wouldn't let me be good at other things I love to do.

This has been a hard realization for me last few years actually. I wasn't able to pursue size like I would've wanted to when I was younger because of what I did in the military. We had some jacked shorter dudes, don't get me wrong, but no me my height seemed to be able to keep up with the skill and endurance demands much bigger than 235 or so, myself included. Funny thing is, when I got out, I pursued it with a vengeance, only to cut back. I didn't cut back because of health, although that would have been wise. Instead I cut back because I found myself employed in retirement in a position where the same skillsets and attributes matter.

I find too that my joints just break down at much more weight than I'm carrying now. I have a very slender frame naturally, and I just don't think it supports the weight as well. I remember clearly as an 18 year old private wishing I could weigh 180 pounds at 6'3"...

Guess I'm rambling. Bottom line is that I'll always on some level want that freaky size but I've figured out, that for me at least, the price is too high. Still love the sport. I always will. Now I'm just going to focus on being healthy and looking "golden age bodybuilder" good (and once i get there, keeping it till I die!)

Great posts everyone. I used to be obsessed with becoming 250lb 4-5%, never quite made it, and my goals changed in the past few years to being in great shape at 225lb. For the most part I stay around 230-235 and bf% changes throughout the year. Made it to 270lb once but felt unhealthy..
I admire and respect all those that have truly put their heart & soul into this sport, it'll never not be an impressive site to see someone that's larger than life so to speak.
Thing that stopped me was ruined joints, and kidney issues a few years ago.. Otherwise I would have continued on the journey.
The thing I came to realize is no matter how much gear you take it, if you Dont take in enough whole food calories day in day out, you'll never get there.
Some of the doses I read are insane and just not necessary.. If you can't get significant growth on under 1g/week then you're doing something wrong.
Its not about anything fancy, its almost always a lack of real calories that keeps many if us from growth.
Just my 2 cents.. I'd hope to help even one individual keep their health in this amazing lifelong endeavor.

Think about this for a minute...

IF, we were satisfied, we would never see anyone with new GAME CHANGING protocols and progress would not be made. People would not continue to push themselves and redline it here and there to learn new things about their bodies. Drug and diet protocols would be the same for every body type. That being said, it is almost innate for us bodybuilders to strive for perfection and be our worst critic but yet continue to progress!

-Baseline

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner