over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HRT for women - Test or no test?

Just going to have to chime in and give some personal experience. Seems like everybody's is different.

From hands on experience, I can say that primo/anavar even at EXTREMELY low doses (30mg a week primo or 5var/day) both caused virilization effects when used for "HRT". The problem is when a female is on HRT, they're on exogenous hormones for extended periods of time. Though 5mg of anavar a day(REAL anavar...not counterfeit) may not do much in a 8-10 week cycle, HRT is generally far longer than that....

The fact that some people are giving suggestions of primo,anavar,winstrol,and especially Masteron(?!?!?!?! WHAT!) to woman is honestly just mind blowing to me right now. 50 Test a week!?!? 70????

These are NOT HRT Doses, and you can essentially be guaranteed that your lady will virilize. Once again, I'm not pulling ANY of this out of my ass. This is firsthand, in person, definitive experience which is why my mouth is just dropping at some of the prescribed numbers.

Either some of these females are just amazing in what they can tolerate without virilizing, or they did indeed virilize but people just aren't really admitting that they did or writing it off because they don't care too much.

The SAFEST thing I can see a woman using every week without virilizing(and YET,there is a chance of virilizing...there always is NO MATTER WHAT with exogenous hormones) is somewhere between 7ish-12ishmg of Test a week. Maybe 15-20 if they really can take a lot, but even 15 test a week caused the woman I know to *IMMEDIATELY* get a deeper voice. Can you imagine being a female, and all you want is just to have TRT....and you take only 15 and you virilize? It's not fun. Don't let it happen. Start very low and if it's benefiting you, stay there.

Just looking out for people because all these numbers may REALLY misguide somebody that is looking to stay essentially 100% clear of all sides and not virilize.

Stick to ~10 test a week and go from there. Also spreading out the injections will usually provide less of a "SPIKE" in the hormone levels, which usually is what can cause some of these side effects to occur. 2 shots a week, or 3 is better than one *IMO* (you don't have to agree....that's why I said IMO).

Last edited:
Please start by discussing w/ your Ob/Gyn and ideally someone who has experience & training in HRT. Many doctors will not touch testosterone for women. The stuff I've read is that progest is frequently a good option - (progest tends to be the 'forgotten hormone' and if you read up on menopause biochemistry, progest is a critical component in the overall balance of hormones).

The most frequent treatment I've seen is w/ topical test like Androgel. The dosing should be small enough that it just makes the difference vs expecting to get "big". It certainly isn't a dosing or approach if you are looking to use it as an anabolic for lifting as the dosing is not particularly accurate via a topical carrier.

I would say a big fat NO to self-medicating for anti-aging / HRT because the usual cycle dosing schedules and overall accumulation of never-ending cycles is just not good for the female body. Remember, just like w/ the concerns w/ cycles - you have to consider the impact to the body of the cycle - increased BP, lipid profile, etc. If you want to get a sense of the impact of an ongoing cycle, google transgender hormone treatment side effects. I didn't find the particular article I've seen before, but pulled this one:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/718619_13

The point is to understand that still w/ hormone therapy, particularly for women, ain't nuttin for free. Worse, it is just plain hard to find a doctor who will explore all options. This is not a quicky thing to fix, in a way that is maintainable over time. If it is an issue, explore bio-identical hormone replacement as an option as well. Otherwise if your doc won't discuss testosterone therapy or worse, won't answer questions or give a reason why not, get a second opinion. It never hurts to seek further information so you can make an informed decision. As I mentioned, the medical community is very much not informed about the female hormone / endocrine system and many will simply NOT look at anything that has to do w/ testosterone. (Not saying it is the MUST DO approach, but rather at least have viable options to explore because menopause is incredibly complex and picky, women's systems are very complex & individual and there just isn't that much available about it nor doctors who can really give good all-around advice and will work with you.)

And if your doc starts recommending anti-depressants, fucking run screaming. If you don't have a history of chemical imbalance or "depression" (as a matter of existing body chemistry), obviously something has changed to produce the depression. If you're in your 40s+, it is probably an obvious effect of aging and natural hormone levels changing. Thus it would follow that the hormones are what you should be exploring and not popping anti-D's. Again, you want to find a resolution that is maintainable and the less "invasive" it is in terms of things you need to add to or change in your lifestyle, the better.

On a complete side note, I'm not proposing this as a resolution to an aging issue, but a cheap OTC approach to dealing w/ depression or anxiety that could be explored while you are looking for the way to deal w/ the effects of aging: Powder inositol is an OTC treatment that is cheap and you can try. It is a B-vitamin and you can find info if you google "inositol depression study". I'd recommend something like Swanson powdered inositol - runs about $10 online. Just follow the instructions on it and see if it does anything. (Note don't use capped inositol - frequently not enough and may be mixed w/ some other suppplement that you don't want to use in the dose that would carry w/ the dose of the inositol you want. Just take powdered inositol w/o other stuff in it. Just a suggestion for the immediate annoyance and impact to your daily life of feeling depressed.

I just want to say that I was prescribed bioidentical test, dhea and progesterone about 5 months ago now, and it's going great. I'm on 100mg day prog, 12.5mg day dhea and 2mg day test. That's after bloods were done. It definately picked up my sex drive and I feel a general wellbeing since starting on these. I'll be doing yearly blood tests.
I should add that I started on hgh, 1.6IU day, around the same time, so it'll be a combination of all those things I guess. The hgh I'm getting myself, with my doc's knowledge. I'd say I'm pretty lucky to have found him actually.

Not sure how this thread became about winny or primo...

If it is still about the OP question, most modern and well versed doctors have been scripting estrogen and test replacement for women. If I remember correctly its something like 10-20mg week. If your current doctor is not comfortable I would find one that is.

My girl is on 2 week 8 of 25mg a week test e and is loving it .. I'm open for questiones

I read it as "My girl is on too (2). 8 week of test E....."

If she isn't feeling it at 8 weeks it's bunk lol

How many weeks does she plan on running it? is this for libido, well being, growth? Any negative sides?

For as long as she avoided sides .. After week 10-12 might Add some Clen for cut..

For well being, libido and to add some size she's on 1iu of gh nope ..

question, wondering if some testosterone converts to estradiol in women like it does in men?

My wife's BW test total was 2.55(8.4-48 ng/ml) and E2 was 17.14 (12.5-166 pg/ml).

Thinking not only could she benefit from some test (8mg week) but the added E2 that possibly could come with it. Will E2 rise?

perimenopause

Of course doc says all numbers look fine.

All the usual low hormone symptoms...

Thanks all

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Metaltn
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws