over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

INSULIN, Humulin N instead of R

Ok guys, let me be super clear....do not assume I don't know anything about slin just because I'm asking a question that nobody has answered yet anyway. Yes I have experience but only with HUMULIN R and the pre workout protocol I have followed for over 15 years( obviously not continuously,just a few weeks out of the year) , so in that subject I am an expert, i fine tuned my pre workout protocol to perfection from 4iu to 20iu, and got super great results throughout the years, that i do know of . I think I'm asking a legit question about the HUMULIN N, as from what I searched none of you guys have ever talked about it in detail, pros and cons. I would love to know more about it. My reasoning is that with proper diet it helps to shuttle more nutrients to muscle cells throughout the day, workout included, without giving any crazy spikes. And again, I am interested in switching to this because I cannot take the intra workout drinks anymore, they just mess up my stomach and digestion, no matter what form of carbs I use. As I said I didn't find any reasoning or motivation in why the HUMULIN N would not work. So be patient and try to explain if you want to, just to help out a fellow gym enthusiast to get more knowledge. And if anything about HUMULIN N was already written on the board then my apologies, but I genuinely searched a lot and didn't find anything specific about it. So after all HUMULIN N is insulin, it does what insulin do, so why it wouldn't work for muscle growth?
Thanks for taking the time of reading my post and please understand my point and have a little patience to help out with some more knowledge, after all it's what's forum are all about . Peace...

I've used N before. Not worth it. Too slow to take advantage of a peak during/post training ie. the reason we use R or log. It also DOES NOT last long enough or have the properties or benefits of a basal like Lantus. So you get not fast AND not long enough. If N was not easily available OTC we would(and I would not) have tried it to begin with. IT IS NOT an alternative to lantus.

It's also INCREDIBLY unreliable when it comes to its release profile. The way it is made, and having to re-suspend every time you use it does NOT produce accurate reliable effects. It is generally poorly regarded within the diabetic world if you go digging.

I've used N before. Not worth it. Too slow to take advantage of a peak during/post training ie. the reason we use R or log. It also DOES NOT last long enough or have the properties or benefits of a basal like Lantus. So you get not fast AND not long enough. If N was not easily available OTC we would(and I would not) have tried it to begin with. IT IS NOT an alternative to lantus.

It's also INCREDIBLY unreliable when it comes to its release profile. The way it is made, and having to re-suspend every time you use it does NOT produce accurate reliable effects. It is generally poorly regarded within the diabetic world if you go digging.
It's important to note - because I don't think most guys know - that R and N insulin are old versions and no longer considered the standard for care. That's why you can buy them cheaply at WalMart.

R and N use old 'technology' for lack of a better term. Log, Lantus, and other basils use modern technology, hence why they work so much better.

I’m going to add to this given I wrote the insulin thread on here-

I have easy access to R and multiple vials of it. I don’t use it.

I’ve used it for one instance only- 2 units pre workout with injectable carnitine during a cut. And that’s all I would use it for. Even then Humalog would be just as good IMO.

I’ve worked with Milos (father of insulin), Berry, Vu and now AJ. If R was so good don’t you think at some point any of those coaches would have had me use it… 🤔

If you’re trying to use insulin to grow- Humalog and Lantus are where it’s at and superior to R.

The only reason I’m covering this here is because I didn’t cover R in my insulin thread.

IMO I’m not doing anyone any favors by candy coating this shit and subject.

Again, if there’s some insane physique on this board doing R 3 times a day I would love to be wrong and see the pics.
You wrote an insulin thread?

Again, if there’s some insane physique on this board doing R 3 times a day I would love to be wrong and see the pics.

🙋‍♂️

Im probably in agreement with everyone though. I just use R because its cheap and i can find it basically anywhere.
R, to me, is like an old school deca/dbol only cycle. Does it work? Most definitely.
Are there better, more efficient ways for BBing purposes? Oh yeah.

I mean Chad had a lot of freaks run his R 3x a day strategy. I just do a similar version to that on my high days.
I honestly dont know if my physique would look any different if i used Log instead of R. Probably negligible.
Log is just expensive around me, even using the CL way. And i have made good progress in spite of it.

🙋‍♂️

Im probably in agreement with everyone though. I just use R because its cheap and i can find it basically anywhere.
R, to me, is like an old school deca/dbol only cycle. Does it work? Most definitely.

I mean Chad had a lot of freaks run his R 3x a day strategy. I just do a similar version to that on my high days.
I honestly dont know if my physique would look any different if i used Log instead of R. Probably negligible.
Log is just expensive around me, even using the CL way. And i have made good progress in spite of it.
Are you only running R on your high days or is it pre/post on baseline days as well?

🙋‍♂️

R can absolutely work.

I used R for about 2 years before moving to Log. My experience with Log over R was that I stayed leaner (makes sense, insulin circulating for less time) and my gains were better (again makes sense, faster insulin).

I would always recommend Log over R but if R is all you can get go for it. It's better than no insulin and if you're new to insulin it's an easy way to start using it with little risk of going hypo.

🙋‍♂️

Do you inject R IM or subQ?

3 high days, 3x a day on those days. Very low fat high carb those days. No insulin the rest of the week.
Very nice set up. I’ve done that in the past on high days with Humalog. It’s very effective.

Thanks much for the explanation, appreciate it.

let's assume that you eat 1.5 hours before training, then you give "R" with this meal, then the first peak allows you to better absorb carbohydrates from the pre meal and the second peak is perfect for training when you have an intra shake - while after training you give the log to quickly deliver nutrients for muscles

there is no great philosophy here - to use rapid insulin and have a similar effect, it would be best to administer 3 doses
1- for pre-meal
2- immediately before training
3- post workout meal
Exactly how I use R.

I also know many that use it IM immediately pre workout

IM.
I mean I’ve used R for so long know there is no guessing with my dosages or how the peaks hit me. I basically shoot 10-15iu every 3 hrs or so and that works perfect for me.
Ah every 3h.... I was thinking about like 5h.... interesting!

My dosage titrates dooown through the day since the insulin compounds.
So like 17iu preWO and like 8iu at the end.
how much carbs do you consume to get away with those 17iu?
everything above 10iu wrecks me if done PWO. Post i can get away with 14,15iu but pre not even 12g carbs / iu helps if i go above 10iu

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131