advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is sleep as important as we think for growth?

Whoop and Cpap right here. What's amazed me recently is the stress graph and seeing how eating later produces huge levels of stress on body during sleep even quality food just eating late (which drives down quality and other numbers). Add a late night bar session and doom. That stress graph really made me a lot more conscious of meal timing for good sleep.

I didnt realize this.

I didnt realize this.

I didn't either or the severity of it. I mean we are unconscious during sleep so makes sense but my stress chart was reading major activity for hours while I was supposedly sleeping and getting quality rest. Was eye opening and mirrors many others' experience as well as resulting numbers that before for me was "oh well" now I can see a significant driver and I've changed behavior some and see results from it. Friends who have done the same see similar. Opened my eyes too, very useful.

If I get less than 7-8hrs of sleep I’ll feel groggy and out of it all day. I honestly don’t know how some people survive of 3-6hrs of sleep. Just not how I’m wired. Love a good nights sleep!

Cage

Glad someone else said it. It's why my wife and I waiting a decade between our first and second child lol. We both need 7-8 hours and honestly we get 8.5 hours many nights. Wife and I were just talking last night about how we don't know how people function that go to bed at like 11 or 11:30. We are out cold by 10 and both get up at 6.

Every time I go for less sleep (6 hours vs say 8) I do well for a while. A week or so I still feel great. Then it catches up to me… I catch myself feeling lethargic, pumps suck, strength goes down. It’s not instant, but it builds up for me.

Sleep is profoundly important for quality of life and for growth. I am quite certain that exogenous GH & T/AAS pick up some serious slack for growth with some missed sleep & short periods of sleep deprivation. But these are still small fractions of the factors involved in sleep's effects. Factors like insulin sensitivity & appetite regulation are just a couple of examples of important factors that are independently related to sleep in unknown ways.

Basically, nobody really understands sleep. It's like the brain; humanity is simply nowhere near unraveling the mysteries of sleep. We have theories & models, all of them insufficient to explain sleep completely.

Man I've always wondered how much more I would have grown if I had proper sleep all these years. Not sure if I'm sleeping efficiently but I feel rested on 4-6 hours. I can't even sleep 8 hours if I tried. I wake up quick and I'm moving and making breakfast like nothing. I do feel muscle recovery when I wake even from short sleep. Gaining mass I think it's prob a key to growth although others have disagreed with the importance of sleep for growth. If I was a a pro or just wanting to push growth I would train 2x a day, eat massive calories and sleep like 12 hours a day

Not just growth, but it's so important for literally everything. I can feel even a nap re-sets many things, mood etc.
Let's say I take a strong long-acting stimulant, if I then take a nap shortly after dosing (yes it's possible) when I wake up I don't feel stimulated any longer and feel like redosing. Curious thing, it's like I'm "re-set" nervously.

That Huberman fellow has interviewed or quoted several sleep experts and they say even dropping from 8 to 7 hours has dramatic effects on mental performance when tested.

Ronnie said he got only 4 hours during preps

Arnold is known for his "I'll sleep when I'm dead" philosophy. He says if he were on a vacation or in a foreign country with lots to do and see he basically doesn't sleep at all. But I wonder if the experience would be "better" if he slept. The experts say it's not really that individual, you will get a performance drop with less than adequate sleep.

I awake at 4 pm and sleep at 7 pm. On competition days , previously, have to be at pj at 8, then go back to hotel, sleep, then be on at five.

May have to try taking a sleeping pill like phenibut this year, just because being on very little sleep or none at all, matters for pj and night awards.ays
It's very common to use sleeping pills at least the last week of prep. Some use the whole prep but have withdrawal to contend with. Phenibut would definitely help last few days and and put you you in a better mood all day long. Probably should help the "look" as it's so de-stressing. But don't use it as a long term thing as it's very hard to get off of.

Ever since I had my first child 13 years ago I haven't slept optimally. I'm jealous of the bachelors who boast of getting 8-10 hours sleep every night! I don't know of any full time fathers who get more than 7 hours a night.

Basically, nobody really understands sleep. It's like the brain; humanity is simply nowhere near unraveling the mysteries of sleep. We have theories & models, all of them insufficient to explain sleep completely.
So true. I have done a bit of a deep dive into sleep for personal reasons and it's fascinating that we really have have no idea why we actually sleep. All we know for sure is how important it is.

For anyone interested in sleep; read, listen to or watch anything with Dr Matt Walker.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131