over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Almost died- pretty traumatic, posting as an outlet

dehydration was a huge culprit for my Acute renal failure , It almost took my life also bro, I know how it goes,lost around the same amount of weight as you. hope you heal, megadose astragalus and taurine for starters, you were saved for a purpose, walk with that knowledge! be an ambassador for health and stay close your family#1
Thank you bro, dehydration is something we all need to be diligent about. I lowered my guard because of how crummy i felt and learned the lesson the hard way. God bless brother

you had all that and survived.... lesson learned is your a tough SOB and it wasnt your time... god speed in your recovery.
Thank you my friend. I was topping off my trt with a bit of your gear which I think helped me mitigate the muscle loss 💪 God bless brother!

Forum name fits you I bet.
Yep, hydration or lack of can throw off your electrolytes. A K+ of 5 is Ok, see it a lot. 7 is bad.
I'm relieved to hear you're still with us. You know, 198# is still pretty big BF and I'd bet staying
within 5+ or - of 200#, plus some daily cardio and a cleaner diet would keep you here. Just a
thought. Insufflation is not a term I see used in the hospital. I'm thinking you meant aspiration?
Aspiration pneumonia is something I see all the time unfortunately. Patients are sicker, and stay
longer in the hospital. They often need IV antibiotics and respiratory therapy txs. Has your right
arm strength returned, how about the fine motor coordination?

I don't know but have you considered this might have been a warning and a gift at the same time?
We all know there will come a day when we need to downsize and drop the extra 25-30# for
longevity. We say longevity but it's the people we suddenly realize we're responsible for/to (family,
friends) that we're doing it for. Get to work!
Thank you bro, I appreciate the motivation and advice🙏

I’ve seen family members have to be shocked back to life infront of me. It’s not something I wish on anyone. So sorry your family had to go through that.

Like most guys here, we will push through anything no matter how we feel. It’s a good reminder to listen to our body. I’m glad you’re on the other side.

I would load up on Astragalus and Taurine for the kidneys- grams of each daily. Then add in pureway c and Zinc Bisglyciante.

You’ll likely have spiked proteins after COVID so some Natto/serra would be ideal for that IMO.

Hang in there and happy you’re still with us!
I take pureway C but I don’t know what makes it superior it’s just in what I take, I’m pretty sure u know

I take pureway C but I don’t know what makes it superior it’s just in what I take, I’m pretty sure u know
Vitamin c blended with fatty acids in layman’s terms. Superior absorption and utilization.

Hi my iron friends. Long long time member but mostly a lurker. A few weeks ago my wife and kids found me unconscious without breathing in the middle of the day. The night before (and a few days before) I had been struggling with what I thought was a bad flu. It turned out that I had the flu, covid, and strep throat with bilateral pneumonia. All of those conditions(and specially the pneumonia) caused me to go into acute renal failure. When my kidneys failed, it caused my potassium levels to go to 7.1 (5 is considered lethal) and that triggered heart problems and caused me to black out and insufflate, which worsened the pneumonia and caused acute encephalopathy (brain swelling). I woke up 2 days later completely deaf, blurry eye sight, loss of control of my right arm (this was puzzling), and terrible kidney pain among other symptoms. Last thing I remember was going to be the night before. It was pretty traumatic (also traumatic for my kids who watched me get resuscitated by the emts). My primary believes that what put me over the edge was the dehydration (i was severely dehydrated, I typically drink a gallon of water a day but i was feeling so crummy that I skipped on the water). Right now it’s been 3+ weeks and I feel incredibly weak. I went in the hospital at 223lbs and left at 198lbs 2 weeks later. I’m in my late 40s so I’m no longer interested in getting big or doing anything beyond trt, but I would like to get my weight and strength back. Feel so weak though that it’s hard to eat or workout (plus I still have pneumonia).

Anyways, I just wanted to share my story because I need to let it out as it’s been pretty traumatic and hopefully for others to learn from my experience, mostly in terms of always being diligent about hydration no matter how crappy you feel. My kidney values are back to normal and lab work looks great except for wbc, platelets, and inflammation markers, which I guess it’s expected. If anyone has any suggestions I’d welcome any and all input. This is a great and supportive community and I want to wish all of you lots of health in your fitness quests. Nothing nothing can ever replace good health. Thank you for listening.
Sending every bit of healing power I can in your direction 🙏

BigFucker...firstly, glad you made it through. Prayers for your speedy and full recovery.

Secondly.... I won't post it again fully, as I just posted my (Very Similar) story under a recent thread where our brother in iron "BadGuy" had a serious health crisis and was in the ICU (thankfully he is now recovering at home). I will share with you that a few years ago woke up intubated in ICU with COVID, and pneumonia after being in a drug induced coma for over a week, and not remembering how i got there. Went in at 250 lbs. Left at 195 lbs and having to use a walker for a week until I could balance and locomote. When I was strong enough to get back (meaning just able to drive and walk from my car to the front door) to the gym..... benching just the bar on the smith machine felt like 315lbs free weight previous to my illness. My lungs were scarred and I would get winded doing 5 lbs dumbell curls. 8's were hard and 10's may as well have been 90's.

I don't share this to hijack your thread my friend. I share it to motivate and encourage you. It was the most humbling, emasculating, demoralizing, and discouraging experience of my life. I was a Marine. A cop. I fought competitive MMA (locally, not like big leagues or anything) until I was 49 years old. At 52 I could still squat and deadlift enough that the young guys in my gym were impressed. That COVID- pneumonia hospital stay left me feeling like a feeble very old man. I spent the majority of my life as a protector (even after the military and LE, I was a mentor and coach and leader in business), now I needed people looking after me and to remind me of which meds to take because of the brain fog the long term anaesthesia caused and needed help bathing and putting my clothes on. Full disclosure I spent many nights crying thinking I would never feel big, strong, or tough again.

However.....I made a full recovery and SO WILL YOU!

Dig deep. Abandon ego. Find the toughest bastard inside of you and tap into him. Leverage your love for family and their love for you and fight like hell to be everything they need you to be. Meditate on positive thoughts. Pray. Be patient (Slow is smooth and smooth is fast). Heal.

If you ever need to talk or vent, feel free to PM me. Happy to exchange personal emails or give you my number. We all need to stick together and I am happy to be someone you can share your trauma with.

God Bless You. Get back to who you were and plan on sticking around for a good while.
Thank you for the motivation brother, glad you’re okay. I can’t believe you did MMA until 49! I was a boxer and threw in the towel at 28 and can’t imagine at my age getting in the ring with a youngster! I would get winded by the end of the first round and crushed by the second round lol

dehydration was a huge culprit for my Acute renal failure , It almost took my life also bro, I know how it goes,lost around the same amount of weight as you. hope you heal, megadose astragalus and taurine for starters, you were saved for a purpose, walk with that knowledge! be an ambassador for health and stay close your family#1
Thank you my friend, glad you’re okay after your battle! It’s a pretty traumatic experience as you unfortunately know but we push through brother💪

Forum name fits you I bet.
Yep, hydration or lack of can throw off your electrolytes. A K+ of 5 is Ok, see it a lot. 7 is bad.
I'm relieved to hear you're still with us. You know, 198# is still pretty big BF and I'd bet staying
within 5+ or - of 200#, plus some daily cardio and a cleaner diet would keep you here. Just a
thought. Insufflation is not a term I see used in the hospital. I'm thinking you meant aspiration?
Aspiration pneumonia is something I see all the time unfortunately. Patients are sicker, and stay
longer in the hospital. They often need IV antibiotics and respiratory therapy txs. Has your right
arm strength returned, how about the fine motor coordination?

I don't know but have you considered this might have been a warning and a gift at the same time?
We all know there will come a day when we need to downsize and drop the extra 25-30# for
longevity. We say longevity but it's the people we suddenly realize we're responsible for/to (family,
friends) that we're doing it for. Get to work!
Thank you brother. Yes I meant aspiration not insufflation. Sorry my head has been really foggy. I had acute encephalopathy (brain swelling) and I’m guessing that might be why I have trouble thinking because I also had other neurological issues (when I woke up, I had lost my hearing which was an awful experience. I initially regained my hearing from my left ear and, fortunately, eventually regained my hearing from my other ear).

Give yourself some time to recover. In the meantime you need to start looking long term.
What can YOU do to avoid this going forward?!

Thank you for the motivation brother, glad you’re okay. I can’t believe you did MMA until 49! I was a boxer and threw in the towel at 28 and can’t imagine at my age getting in the ring with a youngster! I would get winded by the end of the first round and crushed by the second round lol
Well while I did compete in MMA (again, small time and locally) until 49, I didn't say I was any good at it. LOL. Indeed I did gas out against the young studs, and certainly the bigger and more muscular I got over the years, the sooner I would tap out as ligaments and tendons just couldn't stretch. Worst thing in the world was taking Muay Thai kicks to the thigh. When you have meaty quads .....OMG the cramp and pain that comes with a well placed kick....tears. Just agony. And limping for days. Trying to coordinate lifting and recovery vs sore vs flexible days with sparring and fighting became impossible, injuries lasted forever, and eventually just being old as fuck and getting twisted, wrenched, slammed, locked, cranked, dropped, and punched ....yeah time to change hobbies. Anyhow....nuff about me.....how are you feeling BigFucker? Hope you're recovery is going smoothly!

I pray for a speedy recovery and glad you survived this ordeal! Keep us posted as you recover.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Kamren
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws