over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Day the Music Died for Coaches: ExRx.net Paywall

I only use them to show people proper form for exercises and looks like that part is still free. Never really used any other content on the site. They did have a one rep max calculator i used once or twice.
I use it for that same reason, and when I checked the link for an exercise technical link I had saved to reuse, it hit me with the paywall. Check anything you provide beforehand, because it seems some exercise technical links are also paywalled.

I use it for that same reason, and when I checked the link for an exercise technical link I had saved to reuse, it hit me with the paywall. Check anything you provide beforehand, because it seems some exercise technical links are also paywalled.

Yeah, generally i just want the little video GIFs that show the movements to show beginners.

I can understand the move, someone has to pay for the servers and staff. And if ad revenue is low, and getting worse due to adblockers, they had to make a call.

I fear it might be the wrong move, the time of paid membership sites is over. A pity, really liked to use the exercise library.

I can understand the move, someone has to pay for the servers and staff. And if ad revenue is low, and getting worse due to adblockers, they had to make a call.

I fear it might be the wrong move, the time of paid membership sites is over. A pity, really liked to use the exercise library.
It's less than a dollar a week. If I had been regularly using the site I would gladly pay <1.00 a week for it.

I would pay $1.00 a week for this site and a couple other forums I frequent. People pay more than the yearly cost of that site for a single research paper. Small paywall for those that need/want that information.

It's less than a dollar a week. If I had been regularly using the site I would gladly pay <1.00 a week for it.

I would pay $1.00 a week for this site and a couple other forums I frequent. People pay more than the yearly cost of that site for a single research paper. Small paywall for those that need/want that information.
At some point, don't you ever just decide enough is enough with these micropayments, and just switch services to avoid yet another goddamn monthly charge? A "no" answer is perfectly acceptable, bro, I just personally have reached this limit. ExRx.net is a site I'd like to support, but not in this manner. I'd be happy to give a sizeable donation, though.

If they were requesting donations for any period, I must have missed it; and if so, then, the fault lies on me. Sometimes you just need those popups to alert you to the financial difficulties of the service, so that you know that there is urgency. I never noticed that from them.

Frankly, from my perspective, it doesn't seem like much has changed materially for ExRx since 2004-ish when I starte using it and to my knowledge, there haven't been any significant updates or new materials since then.

I, therefore, tend to doubt that their financial position (i.e., expenses) has materially changed. I actually think that they simply decided that they'd like to monetize it because they can, basically.

At some point, don't you ever just decide enough is enough with these micropayments, and just switch services to avoid yet another goddamn monthly charge? A "no" answer is perfectly acceptable, bro, I just personally have reached this limit. ExRx.net is a site I'd like to support, but not in this manner. I'd be happy to give a sizeable donation, though.

If they were requesting donations for any period, I must have missed it; and if so, then, the fault lies on me. Sometimes you just need those popups to alert you to the financial difficulties of the service, so that you know that there is urgency. I never noticed that from them.
I have a total of two subscriptions for a grand total of less than $20.00 a month. I have never used the site in question but am always amused by people who take issue with others not working for free. If the site has value, then <$1.00/month, seems like a low bar. If the site is not worth that why spend anytime on it at all????

Being ok with donations/website begging but not an honest up front info/service in exchange for a predetermined amount of money business transaction is peculiar to me.

I have a total of two subscriptions for a grand total of less than $20.00 a month. I have never used the site in question but am always amused by people who take issue with others not working for free. If the site has value, then <$1.00/month, seems like a low bar. If the site is not worth that why spend anytime on it at all????

Being ok with donations/website begging but not an honest up front info/service in exchange for a predetermined amount of money business transaction is peculiar to me.
That's fine. I doubt I am in the minority, so it's probably not peculiar, really.

The fact of the matter is that, despite this inconvenience, I have superior paid sources already acquired that aren't based on a subscription model. One and done.

Besides that, in this instance there are equally good if not superior services, e.g., YouTube, that are free, and ad-free as well if you use their Libre versions. I'm all for financially supporting services that I depend on, but am not averse to avoiding subscription fees when I am able to do so legally and without significant inconvenience.

Still, ExRx is indispensible for many; so this is newsworthy.

I absolutely do say enough is enough. I remember when myfiitness pal was free, now they want to change to use the version where you can scan the barcode. So I just use the search now, not paying $$ just to track my calories lol

That's fine. I doubt I am in the minority, so it's probably not peculiar, really.
I said "to me." So it is.
The fact of the matter is that, despite this inconvenience, I have superior paid sources already acquired that aren't based on a subscription model. One and done.

Besides that, in this instance there are equally good if not superior services, e.g., YouTube, that are free, and ad-free as well if you use their Libre versions. I'm all for financially supporting services that I depend on, but am not averse to avoiding subscription fees when I am able to do so legally and without significant inconvenience.

Still, ExRx is indispensible for many; so this is newsworthy.
Then "many" will not mind a single dollar a week if they truly find it "indispensable." Youtube has commercials so you pay with your time, if ExRx interrupted every page they had with a commercial every ten minutes then it could be "free" as well.

I do NOT like supscription vs one and done, agreed. The fact that you can't buy things in whole, such as POS systems and Word/Office, is a terrible change IMO, but since you were not able to "buy" the site in question not a 1:1 comparison.

That'll happen if you have popups blocked for that site then you won't see the informational popups. I would have also donated to ExRx if there was a voluntary donation popup or link on the site.

I said "to me." So it is.

Then "many" will not mind a single dollar a week if they truly find it "indispensable." Youtube has commercials so you pay with your time, if ExRx interrupted every page they had with a commercial every ten minutes then it could be "free" as well.

I do NOT like supscription vs one and done, agreed. The fact that you can't buy things in whole, such as POS systems and Word/Office, is a terrible change IMO, but since you were not able to "buy" the site in question not a 1:1 comparison.

I hate paying for research papers also. Most of them are available from “student verification”, but some are not. And it’s usually the fucking paper that I need that isn’t free.

I hate paying for research papers also. Most of them are available from “student verification”, but some are not. And it’s usually the fucking paper that I need that isn’t free.
Privately funded studies I have no real issue with but if there was ANY public funding directly or indirectly then ABSOLUTELY they should be accessible. Certainly no reason we should have to pay TWICE for the damn thing.

What did the site have anyway, just videos of form? I remember it from years ago but didn't think it was useful as say a John Meadows video where he actually talks about a movement and demonstes it.

Sucks when anything goes pay but I definitely don't think online personal trainers aka ", coaches" can gripe. If what they offer people has value, then so does whoever runs the site. Not saying all coaches are a gimmick I've used 2 from here one was great (Alex a, rip) but the amount of people calling themselves "coaches" is laughable. Every 170 lb skinny guy or 240lb permsbulker at the gym is now a coach. Jason blaha is a coach and he looks like he never has lifted a day in his life or counted a calorie...But if people want to spend their money to be told what split to use and what foods to eat by another gym rat they can knock themselves out.

Not disrespecting the good coaches as there are many, top guys, guys who compete...but "coach" is becoming a term you roll your eyes at.

Now THIS I think we can all agree that this is some BS subscription nonsense!

Now THIS I think we can all agree that this is some BS subscription nonsense!

In a few years time, people are going to wish they could go back to driving simple motor vehicles without 1,000 computers that require a software engineer for every repair and subscription models for every last feature. I think the underwriting of motor vehicle insurance will have to change because it'll be cheaper to buy a new car than to repair it. These are all pressures towards subscription & rental models, outsourcing, etc. Maybe it's for the best that driving becomes a lost art or sport with respect to fatalities and the like, but it's eerie to think about.

In a few years time, people are going to wish they could go back to driving simple motor vehicles without 1,000 computers that require a software engineer for every repair and subscription models for every last feature. I think the underwriting of motor vehicle insurance will have to change because it'll be cheaper to buy a new car than to repair it. These are all pressures towards subscription & rental models, outsourcing, etc. Maybe it's for the best that driving becomes a lost art or sport with respect to fatalities and the like, but it's eerie to think about.
Fuck that. NO ONE had to be forced to ditch the horse in favor of the motor vehicle, because most recognized the advantages and using their FREEDOM they chose. Tired of being herded like a brainless sheep towards a select few individuals view of a future engineered "utopia." Not I.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131