over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking for Trainings Routine/Program for young Teenagers

EnhancedFatGrappler

Registered
Newbies
Hello!

A little preface: I accidentally happen to have my own private Gym. I'm from Germany, and our Government was really ret*rded and heavy handed with the whole Corona Thing, Gyms have been closed for a long time in 2020 and 2021. So I essentially got rid of everything in my living room, and bought a Power Rack, a Cable Tower, a Set of Dumbbells, a Chest/Shoulder Press, a Leg Press, a Leg Curl/Extension Combo, A reverse hyper from Westside Barbell, a high row machine, several Barbells and Plates. In May 20203, I got the opportunity to put my stuff into my Mum's old Flowershop (which is part of the building complex of my fathers metal shop). For the time being, I'm basically having my own private gym.

Looks quite neat if I can say so myself:

IMG_20230912_131006.jpg
IMG_20230912_131020.jpg
IMG_20230912_131045.jpg

Funnily enough, the building on the other side of the Street is a commercial gym 😂.

I have been training a few people in my place now, I don't really do it for the money, only because I enjoy coaching and training them. One of my clients now wants her Son to come as well. She took him with her for two training sessions now, and I just let them alternate. She does her set, then the son does his set with my supervision, and so on.

He is a bit scrawny and quite young, 13 years old. What would be a good training routine? I can train him twice per week, he cant come more often since he can't commute to my gym alone, he can only come along with his mum, and only on the afternoons/evenings since he has school ;).

So far I just let him do some of the basic lifts: Barbell Bench Press, Barbell Overhead Press, Barbell Rows, Squats, Deadlifts. He does not do any other sports and is not really athletic, and he needs hands on supervision for those lifts, he would not be able to do them alone safely imho.

I was thinking something really basic:

Tuesday:

(Working Sets)

3 x 10 - Squats
3 x 10 - Barbell Bench Press
3 x 10 - Barbell Rows

Saturday:

3 x 10 - Deadlift
3 x 10 - Overhead Press
3 x 10 - Lat Pull Downs

I have worked with kids and teens in wrestling before, but we train very differently there, no weight lifting, so this is new territory for me. Any advice and tipps you guys can offer? Would be really appreciated :)

Cheers,
EnhancedFatGrappler.

No one with some experience in here in this field?

I'm not sure if the 8-12 Rep Range is appropriate, or the sets, or the overall volume. Maybe a bit lower on the reps, like 4-6? I feel like shooting in the dark.

Would have thought someone might chime in, seems like I was wrong. Or no one cares.

Anyway, I'm sticking with my simplistic plan for now, and look at his progression, and change things on the fly. Some kind of weight lifting beats no weightlifting and no physical activity by a long shot, keeping it simple is never a bad idea.

For twice a week I think it looks good. Might add in some body weight exercises, push and pull ups.

Nice looking gym you have

For twice a week I think it looks good. Might add in some body weight exercises, push and pull ups.

Nice looking gym you have
Good Idea, thanks for the Input. I'll add those for sure.

I'm having to move to a new place next Spring, maybe I have even more space for even more machines lol. I've been eyeing the Hammerstrength High Row Machine for a while now. And a reverse pec deck for rear delts 😅

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131