over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metoprolol vs propanolol

fisther69

Registered
Newbies
So, I don’t know if anyone here has experience in this.. but I’ve been on metoprolol for years because of a genetic super high heart rate..dad, sister, aunts, grandma..we all have it..its well above a hundred resting.

The metoprolol keeps me well below a hundred and essentially makes me normal. But my wife who is a heart surgeon feels I should switch to propanolol.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I gaining anything?

She wants me to switch for 2 reasons.

1) she says I’ve been on metoprolol for a long time and she says patients do better on the propanolol (whatever that means)

2) she saw me completely snap on someone at work the other day and said it was pretty obvious that I needed the calming aspect of propanolol and doesn’t think the metoprolol is working for me the best it could.

I’m curious about this myself. I’ve always felt my resting heart rate was too high but never have done anything about it. No matter how much cardio I do my RHR is always well above 90 and sometimes over 100. It’s gotta be genetic for me too.

So, I don’t know if anyone here has experience in this.. but I’ve been on metoprolol for years because of a genetic super high heart rate..dad, sister, aunts, grandma..we all have it..its well above a hundred resting.

The metoprolol keeps me well below a hundred and essentially makes me normal. But my wife who is a heart surgeon feels I should switch to propanolol.

1) she says I’ve been on metoprolol for a long time and she says patients do better on the propanolol (whatever that means)

2) she saw me completely snap on someone at work the other day and said it was pretty obvious that I needed the calming aspect of propanolol and doesn’t think the metoprolol is working for me the best it could.

Bro, you have a heart surgeon giving you her opinion on how to medicate your heart, but you think it's a better idea to get opinions and experiences of gym bros?
If you can't trust her for medical advice, what can you trust? I don't even know why you are married to her lol

Not to derail the thread but what's your wife's opinion on statins and other ways of preventing/slowing CVD?

I doubt many guys on here have heart surgeons or cardiologists for wives.

Bro, you have a heart surgeon giving you her opinion on how to medicate your heart, but you think it's a better idea to get opinions and experiences of gym bros?
If you can't trust her for medical advice, what can you trust? I don't even know why you are married to her lol
It’s not that I don’t trust her opinion..I just don’t fully see her reasoning..the metoprolol works for me and she essentially wants to switch me to calm me down..the medicine I’m on still works

Not to derail the thread but what's your wife's opinion on statins and other ways of preventing/slowing CVD?

I doubt many guys on here have heart surgeons or cardiologists for wives.
I’ll ask

I took propanalol for a while to lower my heart rate. It made me dizzy it lowered it too much and I couldn’t even train. And I have a temper and snap pretty easy by nature. That drug didn’t calm me at all. All it did was make me dizzy and had to sit down a lot. I’d never take it again. Years later my cardiologist has told me that my resting heart rate of 89-95bpm is of no concern anyway that’s just how my heart beats. Strong but fast. Off gear or on it’s always been that way since I was young. That’s probably just your normal.

It’s not that I don’t trust her opinion..I just don’t fully see her reasoning..the metoprolol works for me and she essentially wants to switch me to calm me down..the medicine I’m on still works
Youv be better off smoking weed if she wants something to calm you down. lol that heart stuff won’t change your human nature lol I don’t know why she even thinks that. The beta blockers more or less tend to make people not give so much of a fuck. But didn’t work like thst at all for me. Definitely won’t change your personality bro. Doctors put too much faith in drugs. Try yoga

sounds like she wants to blame your current drug for failing you and doesn’t want to believe that you’d act like that if you had “ the right script”
That’s what I’m thinking..she comes from a family of all girls..I’m approaching 40..my career since a teenager has been violence..a script isn’t changing that

Youv be better off smoking weed if she wants something to calm you down. lol that heart stuff won’t change your human nature lol I don’t know why she even thinks that. The beta blockers more or less tend to make people not give so much of a fuck. But didn’t work like thst at all for me. Definitely won’t change your personality bro. Doctors put too much faith in drugs. Try yoga
I don’t want to change or calm down..my career requires violence

I don’t want to change or calm down..my career requires violence
That drug made me a slug bro. Dizzy spells and faint feeling. If your heart rate is not being caused by something dangerous who cares.

That’s what I’m thinking..she comes from a family of all girls..I’m approaching 40..my career since a teenager has been violence..a script isn’t changing that
Don’t worry. It won’t happen

Only way I’m unable to snap is if I’m totally incoherent and out to lunch

I’ve tried many things to be more calm. Some have worked, in day to day situations. But if I’m actually angry it makes no difference.

I will say that since starting the (not)portobellos, I’m not as quick to snap over shit that doesn’t matter.

Bro, but she’s a lady heart surgeon.
Totally different qualifications. 🤣

Heart surgeons and cardiologists don’t even discuss propper diet and nutrition related to heart health with patients. They prescribe drugs. I know this because Iv been to a cardiologist several times and know a bunch of guys who have had heart surgery and they all wonder why nutrition and diet related to heart health are never a topic of discussion when they see their doctor or surgeon. So they aren’t preaching a huge aspect of healthy living protocol. That stuff isn’t even taught in medical school. Even bro science guys talk about healthy diet and nutrition. Iv been given plenty of bad advice from doctors that have tried to prescribe dangerous meds to me as well.

Age calms you down, lol. That is actually true. First, you got to go to the source and see what is making you angry. Could be more psychological then anything.

I use both bisoprolol (5mg) and propranolol (10mg). Propranolol blocks both b1/b2 with simultaneous efficacy and is inverse agonist - so effective for upregulating receptors/increasing sensitivity. It also prevents fat burning by blocking b2 but may enchance growth hormone pulses as a compensation. It calms me down but makes my hands cold by supressing vessels etc. So yes, it is effective for making you less agitated/nervous at least for me. But many times it does not feel good though. When I use clen I take it at night 5-10mg and that is enough to block all (or something like 90%) of the adrenergic effects of clen at dose 20ug so for that it is good as it has so short half-life (about 4h) and will be mostly gone by morning.

The ratio of blockade is about 250/1 (propranolol/clen). So 20ug of clen is not blocked by 1mg of propranolol but is allmost totally blocked at 10mg. According to this study a dose of 5mg should be enough to block all the effects from 20ug of clen and I can confirm from experience that it is true. So when taking with clen 5mg or 10mg at max. at night will block the effects of clen for just about 8-12h but then after the temporary blockage there will be enhanced sensitivity to whatever adrenergic stimuli there is.

So micro doses or doses at ug range or under <1mg will only enchance - I believe - the effects of clen or endogenous adrenal/noradrenaline. Microdoses of propranolol will increase receptor sensitivity without blocking agonist activity (studies confirm the upregulation). I will use micro dose propranolol by the same principle as I use (LDN) Low Dose Naltrexone which enchances endogenous opioid sensitivity&activity and stimulates endorphin secretion by 300%. Propranol, I believe (I get my faith from studies but haven't yet tried it in practise but will test it when I start clen again in couple of weeks) does the same for adrenergic system when dosed properly.

I think dosages of 100-500ug three times a day or little bit higher dose once daily (before bed) like 1-5mg will upregulate adrenergic system without blocking much anything at all.

I use both bisoprolol (5mg) and propranolol (10mg). Propranolol blocks both b1/b2 with simultaneous efficacy and is inverse agonist - so effective for upregulating receptors/increasing sensitivity. It also prevents fat burning by blocking b2 but may enchance growth hormone pulses as a compensation. It calms me down but makes my hands cold by supressing vessels etc. So yes, it is effective for making you less agitated/nervous at least for me. But many times it does not feel good though. When I use clen I take it at night 5-10mg and that is enough to block all (or something like 90%) of the adrenergic effects of clen at dose 20ug so for that it is good as it has so short half-life (about 4h) and will be mostly gone by morning.

The ratio of blockade is about 250/1 (propranolol/clen). So 20ug of clen is not blocked by 1mg of propranolol but is allmost totally blocked at 10mg. According to this study a dose of 5mg should be enough to block all the effects from 20ug of clen and I can confirm from experience that it is true. So when taking with clen 5mg or 10mg at max. at night will block the effects of clen for just about 8-12h but then after the temporary blockage there will be enhanced sensitivity to whatever adrenergic stimuli there is.

So micro doses or doses at ug range or under <1mg will only enchance - I believe - the effects of clen or endogenous adrenal/noradrenaline. Microdoses of propranolol will increase receptor sensitivity without blocking agonist activity (studies confirm the upregulation). I will use micro dose propranolol by the same principle as I use (LDN) Low Dose Naltrexone which enchances endogenous opioid sensitivity&activity and stimulates endorphin secretion by 300%. Propranol, I believe (I get my faith from studies but haven't yet tried it in practise but will test it when I start clen again in couple of weeks) does the same for adrenergic system when dosed properly.

I think dosages of 100-500ug three times a day or little bit higher dose once daily (before bed) like 1-5mg will upregulate adrenergic system without blocking much anything at all.

BB6EFE0E-FF58-44A6-90F3-241DBC52D91F.gif

Don’t worry. It won’t happen

Only way I’m unable to snap is if I’m totally incoherent and out to lunch

I’ve tried many things to be more calm. Some have worked, in day to day situations. But if I’m actually angry it makes no difference.

I will say that since starting the (not)portobellos, I’m not as quick to snap over shit that doesn’t matter.
Are you sure? 😉 💋

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan