over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pumped340 Hair Transplant and Hair Fibers

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
OK cool.

Btw, you mentioned I want the scabs gone soon. Is that because they could hinder the results? Kind of gross but to be honest I actually look more normal with the scabs there. Unless someone is really close to me I just look like I have a buzz cut, but if I rub the scabs off it will probably look like I'm balding and be more red.

they can hinder the result but you're well in the normal time range yet but they shouldnt be lasting anymore than another week. The crusting can get really bad if you dont get on top it itll continue to harden ive seen guys with crusting into the 2 and 3 month range and that ridiculous paranoia. Their fear of hurting the grafts has lead them to hurt grafts lol. It can lead to infection underneath the scabs and crusts, you want a clean healthy scalp for optimal growth. If you soak the scalp and gently massage theyll slide right off and yes you will look like youre balding and be more red, the honeymoon phase is over, youre starting the ugly duckling now.

they can hinder the result but you're well in the normal time range yet but they shouldnt be lasting anymore than another week. The crusting can get really bad if you dont get on top it itll continue to harden ive seen guys with crusting into the 2 and 3 month range and that ridiculous paranoia. Their fear of hurting the grafts has lead them to hurt grafts lol. It can lead to infection underneath the scabs and crusts, you want a clean healthy scalp for optimal growth. If you soak the scalp and gently massage theyll slide right off and yes you will look like youre balding and be more red, the honeymoon phase is over, youre starting the ugly duckling now.

Can't wait lol.

I guess this is part of being paranoid, but when the scabs come off it's normal for hair to come with it right? Like over the next few weeks the transplanted hair will more or less all shed? Just confirming since I just had a few scabs come out and each one had a hair within it.

Anubis,

How much growth is to be expected, let's say, 3 months after transplant?

Can't wait lol.

I guess this is part of being paranoid, but when the scabs come off it's normal for hair to come with it right? Like over the next few weeks the transplanted hair will more or less all shed? Just confirming since I just had a few scabs come out and each one had a hair within it.

yes when the scabs come off some of them will have hairs that come with it. The transplanted hairs will all more or less shed. Some may remain and grow a tiny but they're dead hairs, they're not meant to grow, the implanted graft will after 3-6 months produce a new hair and that is the one that is meant to grow out. Nothing to be concerned about seeing a hair pop out. As I told you in email, unless a graft pops out and you see a stream of obvious blood you haven't lost a graft.

Anubis,

How much growth is to be expected, let's say, 3 months after transplant?

It varies, some people grow faster than others and it also varies by region, crowns for various suspected reasons take longer to mature than hairline. At 3 months hairline you're probably somewhere around 10-20 percent growth. At 6 months closer to 50% it's slow to get started and then ramps up quickly, then at 8 months you're at around 90 percent, most of the growth has occurred and then you're just seeing improvement in those hairs up until the year point...you're not going to see much new growth just improvement in hair characteristics at that point

Last edited:
It varies, some people grow faster than others and it also varies by region, crowns for various suspected reasons take longer to mature than hairline. At 3 months hairline you're probably somewhere around 10-20 percent growth. At 6 months closer to 50% it's slow to get started and then ramps up quickly, then at 8 months you're at around 90 percent, most of the growth has occurred and then you're just seeing improvement in those hairs up until the year point...you're not going to see much new growth just improvement in hair characteristics at that point

Hmm that seems promising...i'm intrigued

yes when the scabs come off some of them will have hairs that come with it. The transplanted hairs will all more or less shed. Some may remain and grow a tiny but they're dead hairs, they're not meant to grow, the implanted graft will after 3-6 months produce a new hair and that is the one that is meant to grow out. Nothing to be concerned about seeing a hair pop out. As I told you in email, unless a graft pops out and you see a stream of obvious blood you haven't lost a graft.

I wore my beanie a day or two ago and when I took it off I did unfortunately see one area bleeding, guessing I lost a graft there.

Just had my 2 week follow up with Vories....3 minute phone call basically just saying I seem to be healing well, that I can use my finger tips (not finger nails) to rub the scabs out in the shower and that at this point regarding hats, showers, working out, etc I can basically go completely back to normal. Next time he wants to see me is the 6 month mark. I didn't even bother mentioning the unevenness again since he ignored my last email and I have to wait it out anyway so no point really.

Still recovering from another surgery but will get back to the gym Thursday.

Wearing a surgical cap at work, seems to be fine i.e. no comments about it for the most part. At home is no issue and a hat/beanie is acceptable at the gym so the only issue at this point would be going out to bars/restaurants.

My girl and brother both pointed out that the back of my head looks like I got a haircut with a lawnmower lol basically saying how at this length its very obvious where grafts were taken.

Is that a long term thing at short lengths? I thought the idea behind FUE was that it was essentially unnoticeable at any length.

Attachments

• Hair 13.jpg
    Hair 13.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 123
Got the scabs out in the shower this morning. Surprised it doesn't look worse, figured I'd look significantly more bald but I guess the shedding hasn't occurred just yet so that's nice for now.

Attachments

• Hair 14.jpg
    Hair 14.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 124
My girl and brother both pointed out that the back of my head looks like I got a haircut with a lawnmower lol basically saying how at this length its very obvious where grafts were taken.

Is that a long term thing at short lengths? I thought the idea behind FUE was that it was essentially unnoticeable at any length.

you're killing me with these small thumbnail pics lol, I can't get in there and take a look properly without distorting the pic to all hell but it looks like shock loss. No surgery is scarless, you know this, you can't cut without a scar, but it's a bunch of tiny dots vs a long linear scar so if its spread out well it shouldn't be perceivable to the untrained eye. If you go down to a 0 guard it won't hide it but I buzz mine down to a 1 guard and nobody can tell, depending on the size of the punch used you may need to go slightly higher or fade it but that's usually for a large punch for difficult hair, did Vories say what punch he used? If it is shock loss you're just looking at a matter of months for it to balance out. Diffuse hair loss patients have an above average rate of shock loss for whatever reason, I got it on both of my surgeries as well.

Got the scabs out in the shower this morning. Surprised it doesn't look worse, figured I'd look significantly more bald but I guess the shedding hasn't occurred just yet so that's nice for now.

that looks much better and cleaner, and yup the ugliness is coming lol

you're killing me with these small thumbnail pics lol, I can't get in there and take a look properly without distorting the pic to all hell but it looks like shock loss. No surgery is scarless, you know this, you can't cut without a scar, but it's a bunch of tiny dots vs a long linear scar so if its spread out well it shouldn't be perceivable to the untrained eye. If you go down to a 0 guard it won't hide it but I buzz mine down to a 1 guard and nobody can tell, depending on the size of the punch used you may need to go slightly higher or fade it but that's usually for a large punch for difficult hair, did Vories say what punch he used? If it is shock loss you're just looking at a matter of months for it to balance out. Diffuse hair loss patients have an above average rate of shock loss for whatever reason, I got it on both of my surgeries as well.

lol I just emailed you those pics in original format so it should be much larger.

So is shock loss basically the loss of surrounding hairs and that's why it's only temporary?

Dr. Vories didn't say what punch he used, no.

that looks much better and cleaner, and yup the ugliness is coming lol

lol can't wait

I'm surprised my scalp isn't red, almost at all. I have very sensitive skin, literally can't shave with a razor blade or I get ingrown hairs and splotchy redness.

lol I just emailed you those pics in original format so it should be much larger.

So is shock loss basically the loss of surrounding hairs and that's why it's only temporary?

Dr. Vories s.

The transplant is trauma to the entire scalp and disrupts blood flow to the surrounding area so some hairs essentially go to sleep, or enter a telogen phase, they're healthy donor hair so theyll just wake up and resume their hair cycle in time. Usually 3 to 4 months. I responded to your email as well

Dear lord not a flattering angle lol

Attachments

• Hair 15.jpg
    Hair 15.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 108
Not a ton to report. Getting a couple of pimples on top. I think fully in the ugly duckling phase. Some itchiness but tolerable. Definitely red in the front. Honestly surprised by how much less hair I have on top compared to the sides and back. Sides and back are basically back to normal length at this point.

Never wore a beanie before but have gotten several compliments that it looks good on me.

Hoping in another month or so it gets reasonable. With fibers I can make it look fine now but Anubis and I went back and forth on them and he's really against them for the time being.

Not a ton to report. Getting a couple of pimples on top. I think fully in the ugly duckling phase. Some itchiness but tolerable. Definitely red in the front. Honestly surprised by how much less hair I have on top compared to the sides and back. Sides and back are basically back to normal length at this point.

Never wore a beanie before but have gotten several compliments that it looks good on me.

Hoping in another month or so it gets reasonable. With fibers I can make it look fine now but Anubis and I went back and forth on them and he's really against them for the time being.

Hang in there buddy. I'm sure this whole process will be all worth it.

Did your doctor prescribe you some finasteride?

Hang in there buddy. I'm sure this whole process will be all worth it.

Did your doctor prescribe you some finasteride?

No, I know the results would be better with finasteride but I have some other health issues so I'd really like to avoid more drugs if I can. More than likely I'd be fine with Finasteride but I'm OCD about my health now (probably too much).

Week 5

Attachments

• Hair 17.jpg
    Hair 17.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 77
Hey man,

It seems like just yesterday I was in your position. Keep posting pics!

Hey man,

It seems like just yesterday I was in your position. Keep posting pics!

Will do!

I have to say man, I knew I had lost a decent amount of hair but I didn't realize the extent of it until I cut it this short. I go to the gym without my beanie now because I won't be going there much longer anyway and I legit just look like a balding dude. Crazy how much it being longer and adding the fibers in completely hid it.

I've wondered if maybe I've lost more due to the surgery, like shock loss, but looking back at some pics with no fibers and the hair brushed back it was pretty significant. Though I of course will lose more over time given I don't want to take finasteride.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131