over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

re-install windows 2000

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Kaiser, got a challenge for you bro. :D

I have a laptop that is filled with spyware and tons of junk. I get millions of pop ups and what nots on it. Its a older IBM but still worth saving IMO cause all I do is surf the web on it sometimes.(used to anyway)lol

I have tried to go to Mcafees website to down load their special 3in1 bundle for only $35.00. However every time I try to do this I get web jacked by some bullshit chat page wich looks like its from the Chec repub or something. I can not reach the website to download and clean. I run my anti software on it, and it does clean it up a bit. But I stil get pop ups and it still web jacks me!

What I would like to do is wipe my system clean. Get rid of everything on there and re-install my windows 2000 cd it came with. This way there is nothing there but a fresh install, and I can quickly head over to Mcafee and take advantage of their offer.

Can you give me some instructions on how to do this bro? Also if for some reason I can't find my old copy of windows 2000 do you know of a site where I could buy it from cheap? Cause I know I wont be able to download if I wipe my system clean! hahaha Thank you sir!

McAfee & Symantec are pretty much junk at this point in time.

Try this before you reload because you have nothing to lose.

After the IBM BIOS screen flashes, quickly hit the F8 key. If you hit it at the right time, Windows will display a boot menu. Choose "Safe Mode With Networking". Go out to one of the following and download their free trial. they are fully functional.

http://www.f-secure.com/
http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads

Reboot once downloaded and boot up normally to install. Do a full system check once it is installed and the database files are updated.

If you would still like to reload, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Sounds like a plan when I get home! Thank you sir! Will report back later. :)

Kaiser I am almost 75% there bro, BUT I got an error when trying to install the F-secure program:

Your current windows service pack is not supported. Please check system requirements & required system packs. (thats my error) Am I to assume here I have to go to microsoft.com and download their latest service pack? Or let the system scan my laptop and tell me what I need??

BOOMSHAKER said:
Kaiser I am almost 75% there bro, BUT I got an error when trying to install the F-secure program:

Your current windows service pack is not supported. Please check system requirements & required system packs. (thats my error) Am I to assume here I have to go to microsoft.com and download their latest service pack? Or let the system scan my laptop and tell me what I need??

Do a Start\Run Winver then hhit enter. If your service pack is less than Service Pack 4 you will need to install Service Pack 4. Get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...c6-2a5a-4399-ad3d-4a97a25f41d9&DisplayLang=en

If you already have SP4 or once you install SP4 you will need to install the Security Rollup (SR1) from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cf-8850-4531-b52b-bf28b324c662&DisplayLang=en

Once you have thyese done, let me know.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyjoe8605
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity