over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rice flour

Simon90

Registered
Newbies
Does anyone else on here drink rice flour?
It makes up the majority of my carb intake. I will eat my protein source then drink my rice flour to get my carbs in.
I wouldn’t be able to eat the amount I do otherwise due to low appetite and work schedule. So it allows me to hit my macros consistently.
I haven’t came across anyone in my gym who does it and wondered if anyone else is.

@heavyhitter does. He mentioned it's a good alternative to cream of rice. I initially didn't care for it, but now I do and will buy it when cream of rice isn't available.

Does anyone else on here drink rice flour?
It makes up the majority of my carb intake. I will eat my protein source then drink my rice flour to get my carbs in.
I wouldn’t be able to eat the amount I do otherwise due to low appetite and work schedule. So it allows me to hit my macros consistently.
I haven’t came across anyone in my gym who does it and wondered if anyone else is.
Like FK said above @heavyhitter been doing it forever. IMO as long as you feel like you’re full after meals and digesting properly then it shouldn’t make a difference if it was a whole grain of rice or pulverized into powder…

Yes, I do use rice flour at times. Great as a post-workout carb. Very easy to digest. I mix it with whey and a bit of water and make a pudding like consistency or I blend it in a shake.

how do you prepare it? what brand is it? where do you get it?

I've never heard of this but I'd love to know more.

Does it actually digest? I was always under the assumption that rice has to be cooked to actually digest it properly?

Update, definitely shouldn’t be eating raw rice flour, between bacteria and lectins your just playing with fire. Why not just go with maltodextrin, dextrose, or WM? It’s cheaper and doesn’t need to be cooked.

Update, definitely shouldn’t be eating raw rice flour, between bacteria and lectins your just playing with fire. Why not just go with maltodextrin, dextrose, or WM? It’s cheaper and doesn’t need to be cooked.
Never had any issues personally, the whole time I’ve been doing it. And as far I’m aware white rice doesn’t contain lectins?
And I’m having up to a kg of it a day on training days. It’s my only carb source except dextrose intra workout.
I don’t think it’d be wise getting the majority of your carb intake from maltodextrin, dextrose etc.
Same could be said about raw oats as oats are one of the highest lectin containing foods

Never had any issues personally, the whole time I’ve been doing it. And as far I’m aware white rice doesn’t contain lectins?
And I’m having up to a kg of it a day on training days. It’s my only carb source except dextrose intra workout.
I don’t think it’d be wise getting the majority of your carb intake from maltodextrin, dextrose etc.
Same could be said about raw oats as oats are one of the highest lectin containing foods
So raw rice definitely has lectins and just like other food cooking gets rid of them. You could make the argument that dextrose or maltodextrin would actually be healthier than rice flour (lower glycemic index) and both are practically devoid of nutrients. Also nobody eats raw oats, rolled oats you buy from the store have already been steamed and safe to eat as is.

So raw rice definitely has lectins and just like other food cooking gets rid of them. You could make the argument that dextrose or maltodextrin would actually be healthier than rice flour (lower glycemic index) and both are practically devoid of nutrients. Also nobody eats raw oats, rolled oats you buy from the store have already been steamed and safe to eat as is.
Oats don’t agree with me at all. I get 800g carbs from rice flour and had no issues so far since using it the last 2 years.
I wouldn’t want to be using dextrose or maltodextrin as a main carb source.
I’d eat the rice cooked but I simply do not have the appetite or time to eat that much to get the amount of carbs I need.

Oats don’t agree with me at all. I get 800g carbs from rice flour and had no issues so far since using it the last 2 years.
I wouldn’t want to be using dextrose or maltodextrin as a main carb source.
I’d eat the rice cooked but I simply do not have the appetite or time to eat that much to get the amount of carbs I need.
Do you have any reason as to why you think uncooked rice flour is a better main carb source than dextrose or maltodextrin?

Do you have any reason as to why you think uncooked rice flour is a better main carb source than dextrose or maltodextrin?
A certain amount of dextrose or maltodextrin will have me extremely bloated and feeling like crap, there is no chance I could use that meal after meal.
Rice flour causes me no bloating whatsoever.

A certain amount of dextrose or maltodextrin will have me extremely bloated and feeling like crap, there is no chance I could use that meal after meal.
Rice flour causes me no bloating whatsoever.
Fair enough, I’ve never tried rice flour in the shake so I can’t comment on that. But sometimes I’ll blend (pulse) cooked rice into the shake and essentially have a rice pudding which digests well for me. I also don’t bloat whatsoever from dextrose and the likes. If it works keep doing you, very interesting approach

@heavyhitter are you drinking yours raw in shakes as well or heating it so it goes more pudding like?
Both. But I find cooking it into a thick paste before blending the shake up leads to better digestion than just adding the raw flour for me. But I have severe ibs so results may differ

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131