over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sublingual Dbol

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Saw a vigorous Steve video where if you put it under your tongue and let it dissolve it bypasses a liver and doesn't have the strain on the liver .

From a health perspective it sounds like it takes the strain off the liver

Anyone else done this or been doing this have heard of this?

Damn man, how many milligrams were you contemplating taking? If you’re talking 20-60mg then liver strain isn't going to be a big deal doing 4-6 week stints. If you plan on doing this for a few years without a break then I’d think about liver stress. Not worth worrying about my man! Heavy drinkers do more damage in a month then a lil bit of Dbol tossed into a run.

Cage

It is true that sublingual delivery through the oral mucosa avoids the first pass hepatic metabolism and absorption through the GI tract common to oral AAS, but it doesn't meaningfully reduce hepatic strain as first pass is mere "blip" for 17AA androgens. To quote Peter Bond: "The liver has a blood flow rate of roughly 1 liter a minute and the 17alpha-alkylated AAS have half-lives in the order of hours with a relatively low volume of distribution. The liver will be exposed for quite some time to high concentrations, regardless of the route of administration. As such, I doubt it's relevant for hepatotoxicity."

I've had this explained to me many ways over the years, and I'm not sure exactly which is correct. I'm not a chemist or gastroenterologist.

But I'm of the understanding that 17aa is added to a molecule in order for it to survive the inhospitable environment of the stomach and digestive tract and pass into the bloodstream. But whether through the walls of the stomach, the intestine, an IM injection, the mucosa of the mouth, nose, or rectum (a suppository), the fragment at the 17th position still needs removed before the molecule (which is then already partially metabolized) is able to be used. It must again be metabolized into the bioavailable substance which only then is bioactively available to, in this example, attach to a receptor and exert its effects.

Regardless, because of the half-life, any compound is going to be passing through the liver, undergoing metabolism for hours or perhaps even days before it reaches total clearance.

Lastly, it's not the original compound itself but rather the metabolic enzymatic activity inside the liver which causes the toxicity to the liver itself.

I realize you're not going to save your liver you know really to eliminate any possibility is take nothing. Example I take deoxycycline that raises liver enzymes maybe once every couple weeks or so I take some kratom that raises liver enzymes

Although I've never ran a Dbol cycle ever I have taken it once or twice a week and let's say for hypothetical sake I do a three or four week 20 mg Dbol days, five days out of the week

What I'm wondering does this lesson maybe 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 or 60% stress on those AST and alt liver zymes compared to swallowing it, which obviously obviously would be taking 100%

The little I understand is from what my doctor explained to me and through reading the documentation on why eating poisonous mushrooms like Amanita Phalloides, for example, is so commonly deadly.

Reason being is that by the time the person feels symptoms, the hepatotoxic poison has already passed into the bloodstream and is crashing the liver utterly.

Food and pills don't pass through the liver during digestion. The liver is not part of the alimentary canal which goes from mouth/nose to the anus. The liver contributes bile and other enzymes to assist in digestion in the small intestine via bile ducts but only so that the food that can be digested, is, and then passes into the bloodstream for use or elimination via the kidneys. What can't be absorbed into the bloodstream in the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine where the water is reclaimed, passes to the rectum for solid waste elimination. Everything else is eliminated via the kidneys.

I

I realize you're not going to save your liver you know really to eliminate any possibility is take nothing. Example I take deoxycycline that raises liver enzymes maybe once every couple weeks or so I take some kratom that raises liver enzymes

Although I've never ran a Dbol cycle ever I have taken it once or twice a week and let's say for hypothetical sake I do a three or four week 20 mg Dbol days, five days out of the week

What I'm wondering does this lesson maybe 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 or 60% stress on those AST and alt liver zymes compared to swallowing it, which obviously obviously would be taking 100%
Not sure what you're asking but I believe the answer to your question is "yes". Oral steroid bioavailability is generally very high although perhaps not as high as injection, taken sublinguallly, etc. Both will be equal for the most part in terms of the plasma concentration over time. Although oral would likely be the least amount that reaches the bloodstream due to the acidic and enzymatic activity of the gut which could possibly destroy more of the total amount taken.

There would be other factors as well, the biggest of which would be time. Maybe absobtion from an injection is released/absorbed slower than oral administration. This is why people crush and "snort" medication in order to get a very rapid absorption rate and thus much higher peak plasma concentration via the nasal passages vs just swallowing the pill or substance. Faster still would be IV administration (which would be fastest of all).

This is as near as I can explain my understanding of how it works.

You swallow the tablet and it goes into your stomach where the pill dissolves. The starches and fillers are broken down and the 17a-alkylated compound (Dianabol) passes into your small intestine.

In the small intense is where the compound's molecules first enter your bloodstream and pass through the liver. This is the molecule's "first pass" metabolism where the molecule's fragment at the 17a position is broken or cleaved off. The Dianabol molecule has now survived it's "first pass".

Now, the remaining portion of the molecule is still not yet bioavailable. Your cells cannot yet use the molecule until it passes through the liver again to be broken down into parts which are then available to your cells. This metabolic pass also occurs in the liver. The original Dianabol molecule has now completed its "second pass".

Once this second pass is complete, the molecule is now available to your your body's cells. Your body uses the molecule (or molecules) and what remains is eventually filtered through the kidneys and excreted via the urine. Any part of the original tablet that could not pass through your intestinal wall and into the blood, goes on to the large intestine for fecal elimination.

This is why all pharmaceuticals list how much is eliminated and by what route. Because this information allows us to know on which organs the most stress is placed. If 90% of a drug is eliminated via the lower intestine, you can be reasonably assured that much of the stress is placed on your digestive system and that its bioavailability is poor (though it may still be enough to be effective). If 90% of an orally administered drug is eliminated via the urine, you can reasonably assume most of the strain is placed on your liver and/or kidneys and that its bioavailability is high.

This is as near as I can explain my understanding of how it works.

You swallow the tablet and it goes into your stomach where the pill dissolves. The starches and fillers are broken down and the 17a-alkylated compound (Dianabol) passes into your small intestine.

In the small intense is where the compound's molecules first enter your bloodstream and pass through the liver. This is the molecule's "first pass" metabolism where the molecule's fragment at the 17a position is broken or cleaved off. The Dianabol molecule has now survived it's "first pass".

Now, the remaining portion of the molecule is still not yet bioavailable. Your cells cannot yet use the molecule until it passes through the liver again to be broken down into parts which are then available to your cells. This metabolic pass also occurs in the liver. The original Dianabol molecule has now completed its "second pass".

Once this second pass is complete, the molecule is now available to your your body's cells. Your body uses the molecule (or molecules) and what remains is eventually filtered through the kidneys and excreted via the urine. Any part of the original tablet that could not pass through your intestinal wall and into the blood, goes on to the large intestine for fecal elimination.

This is why all pharmaceuticals list how much is eliminated and by what route. Because this information allows us to know on which organs the most stress is placed. If 90% of a drug is eliminated via the lower intestine, you can be reasonably assured that much of the stress is placed on your digestive system and that its bioavailability is poor (though it may still be enough to be effective). If 90% of an orally administered drug is eliminated via the urine, you can reasonably assume most of the strain is placed on your liver and/or kidneys and that its bioavailability is high.
I would just note (I figure you're actually interested in this) that because of the 17α-alkylation, typical with orals, the addition of the α-oriented methyl group is designed such that there is no substantial cleaving off, as this modification makes the AAS resistant to metabolic breakdown so as to quite dramatically increase potency as well as resist rapid metabolism. The molecule that is delivered to the muscle cell is largely the unmodified AAS (and its metabolites).

The effect that the addition of the α-oriented methyl group can have on anabolic potency is dramatic, and an example of this is the case of Superdrol vs. Masteron (where the only difference is the alkylation at C-17). The reason for the difference in behavior comes down to the importance of C-17 in binding the ligand binding pocket of the AR. The β-oriented H⁺ of the 17β-OH binds to amino residues in the ligand-binding domain, maintaining the steroid firmly therein & the addition of the methyl group to the α- position seems to more potently activate the AR.

I would just note (I figure you're actually interested in this) that because of the 17α-alkylation, typical with orals, the addition of the α-oriented methyl group is designed such that there is no substantial cleaving off, as this modification makes the AAS resistant to metabolic breakdown so as to quite dramatically increase potency as well as resist rapid metabolism. The molecule that is delivered to the muscle cell is largely the unmodified AAS (and its metabolites).

The effect that the addition of the α-oriented methyl group can have on anabolic potency is dramatic, and an example of this is the case of Superdrol vs. Masteron (where the only difference is the alkylation at C-17). The reason for the difference in behavior comes down to the importance of C-17 in binding the ligand binding pocket of the AR. The β-oriented H⁺ of the 17β-OH binds to amino residues in the ligand-binding domain, maintaining the steroid firmly therein & the addition of the methyl group to the α- position seems to more potently activate the AR.
Then the stress must be oxidative or as result of the unsuccessful metabolization and/or increased LDH, AST, ALT, GGT, bilirubin, etc (enzymatic) due to some increased structural integrity of the molecule. This makes me even more confused as creating a derivative whether 17b-esterification as for injectables or 17a-alkylation for orals whether a methyl or ethyl group (potency) would be similarly hepatotoxic. But obviously they are not.

If a molecule is able to weather the inhospitable environment of the gut, I agree it would seem unlikely to be phased by any enzymatic activity in plasma (esterase, 4a and 5a-reductase, etc) or the liver yet obviously they are.

This would lead me to question why any AAS is administered orally at all. Or why orally administered steroids are any more hepatotoxic than injectable 17b-esterified compounds.

The reason I'm interested in this is not because of enjoyment but rather because I have not seen on any other board an in depth look at 1st pass effect, 2nd pass effect, exactly why one thing is more toxic from another and why different compounds function well together and why some dervitaves are more potent than others. I would like our members to have a basic understanding of this in layman's terms without wandering to far into the tall weeds with our collective egghead BS.

This would go some ways to reducing the ridiculous polypharmaceutical blasts I see on there that just make me cringe.

I'm leaving the graphic below so I know where to find when I (or perhaps we if you're interested) compile this information and make it more easily understandable.

infographic-first-fast-01-768x384.png

Then the stress must be oxidative or as result of the unsuccessful metabolization and/or increased LDH, AST, ALT, GGT, bilirubin, etc (enzymatic) due to some increased structural integrity of the molecule. This makes me even more confused as creating a derivative whether 17b-esterification as for injectables or 17a-alkylation for orals whether a methyl or ethyl group (potency) would be similarly hepatotoxic. But obviously they are not.

If a molecule is able to weather the inhospitable environment of the gut, I agree it would seem unlikely to be phased by any enzymatic activity in plasma (esterase, 4a and 5a-reductase, etc) or the liver yet obviously they are.

This would lead me to question why any AAS is administered orally at all. Or why orally administered steroids are any more hepatotoxic than injectable 17b-esterified compounds.

The reason I'm interested in this is not because of enjoyment but rather because I have not seen on any other board an in depth look at 1st pass effect, 2nd pass effect, exactly why one thing is more toxic from another and why different compounds function well together and why some dervitaves are more potent than others. I would like our members to have a basic understanding of this in layman's terms without wandering to far into the tall weeds with our collective egghead BS.

This would go some ways to reducing the ridiculous polypharmaceutical blasts I see on there that just make me cringe.

I'm leaving the graphic below so I know where to find when I (or perhaps we if you're interested) compile this information and make it more easily understandable.

View attachment 151619
Peter Bond and Bill Llewellyn wrote a paper on their proposed hypothesis for hepatotoxicity which I think explains things well. See Bond P, Llewellyn W, Van Mol P. Anabolic androgenic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity. Med Hypotheses. 2016 Aug;93:150-3. doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2016.06.004. Epub 2016 Jun 5. PMID: 27372877.

Bond's Book on Steroids delves into the mechanisms and has illustrative graphics: worth a read.

Basically, from my notes on AAS-induced hepatotoxicity, the putative mechanisms are:

Hepatotoxicity = resistance to hepatic breakdown x potency to activate AR

There is a likely causal relationship between AAS and hepatoxicity via:
- AR activation ⇒ ⇑mitochondrial fatty acid β-oxidation (Bond citing 295, 397) [⇑CPT1 mRNA, rate-limiting enzyme in mitochondrial FA oxidation], 22Rv1 human prostate carcinoma epithelial cell line ⇒ ⇑ROS
- By corollary, fluoxymesterone and methylandrostanolone ⇒ ⇑rat liver CPT1 activity (Bond citing 192); rat hepatocyte mitochondrial swelling and reduced visual acuity of mitochondrial cristae (Bond citing 181):
-- ROS production causes mitochondrial swelling and subsequent apoptosis (Bond citing 80)

Markers
ASAT & ALAT: enzymes that occur in high concentrations in liver cells & leak into concentration when liver membrane & cell damage. However, non-specific. These enzymes are also present in muscle cells and ↑ by muscular work
GGT: enzyme present in cells from liver, kidney, pancreas & liver, mostly wherever biliary epithelial cells. ↑ most in hepatobiliary (liver, gall bladder, bile duct) disease. A sensitive marker of cholestasic liver disorders. Somewhat nonspecific.
ALP: most pronounced elevation in cholestasis, but smaller increases in all sorts of liver disorders.

Taken together, these markers suggest liver damage & possible bile duct obstruction.

And from an article sourced from **broken link removed**
Date: Monday, July 18, 2011
A few words on the hepatotoxicity of 17a-methylated androgens/anabolics

1. 17a-methylated androgens/anabolics are hepatotoxic.
The liver toxicity of steroids is an under-researched field, but there seems to be a strong correlation between how easily the body can metabolize a steroid & its toxicity. Metribolone -- a truly excessively toxic compound -- is often referred to in the literature as a 'non-metabolizable androgen'. (1, 2, 3, etc.) Mibolerone, another deadly-toxic anabolic steroid, is also effectively 'non-metabolizable': The main metabolite of mibolerone in humans is... unchanged mibolerone. And by a very wide margin.

Methylstenbolone, which is resistant to 17b-HSD and 3b-HSD, is obviously difficult for the body to clear. It should therefore be no safer, no less toxic, than Superdrol or M1T -- compounds which share very similar traits.

2. Liver injury due to oral anabolic use typically manifests itself as cholestasis.
Hepatotoxicity induced by oral anabolic compounds tends to be characterized by enlargement of periportal hepatocytes, impairment of bile flow & dramatically increased serum levels of AST, ALT and GGT. In other words, cholestasis... but let's examine this a little bit further.

The word "cholestasis" gets thrown around a lot, but it can mean two very different things: The physical obstruction of hepatic bile flow -or- the impairment of bile secretion. In the former case, there is a mechanical block in the bile duct system; in the latter, bile is held in hepatocytes or cholangiocytes as it cannot be secreted. In both cases, what happens thereafter is that the retained hydrophobic bile salts -- which are strongly cytotoxic -- lead to cellular injury, then apoptosis, then necrosis, often followed by an inflammatory reaction and tissue fibrosis. This tissue damage, if advanced enough, can physically destroy bile ducts, worsening the condition.
The obstruction of bile flow is typically not something you'd experience after exposure to any toxin; it is the almost exclusive domain of inherited or autoimmune diseases which leave fibrotic lesions or scar-tissue in the liver, such as cystic fibrosis, primary biliary cirrhosis, and so on. Exposure to oral anabolic compounds can, however, result in the second form of cholestasis -- bile retention in hepatocytes -- thus the enlarged hepatocytes observed after their use.

3. There are three fundamental ways of preventing/treating cholestasis:
1. Metabolic induction of hydrophobic bile acid detoxification
2. Stimulation of impaired bile secretion
3. Protection of hepatocytes from the toxic effects of hydrophobic bile acids and/or inhibition of hepatocyte apoptosis.

Cholestatic liver damage is caused by bile acid accumulation... But not all bile acids are toxic. Generally speaking, the fewer hydroxyl groups they bear, the more hydrophobic and cytotoxic they are. Hence lithocholic acid is markedly cytotoxic, deoxycholic acid is very slightly cytotoxic, and cholic acid is essentially non-cytotoxic. Treatment #1 would involve hastening the metabolic conversion of the more toxic bile acids to hydrophilic, less toxic compounds --- or increasing the synthesis of hydrophilic bile acids from cholesterol, which would decrease the cytotoxicity of the entire bile pool as a whole. This can seemingly be achieved with the oral administration of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA), which has been reported to activate the PXR/SXR nuclear receptor in hepatocytes, which then activates bile acid–metabolizing enzymes. It is reasonable to assume that Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA), the taurine conjugate of UDCA, should have the same effect.

As for #2... Bile secretion at the level of the hepatocyte is carried out by a group of transporter proteins: The bile salt export pump (BSEP), the phospholipid export pump (MDR3), the canalicular bilirubin conjugate export pump (MRP2), and a chloride-bicarbonate anion exchanger (AE2) for bicarbonate excretion. BSEP is the driving factor behind bile-acid dependent secretion, and MRP2/AE2 are the major forces behind bile-acid-independent bile secretion. Hydrophilic bile acids such as UDCA & TUDCA (and even, partially, cholic acid) have been shown to increase expression of BSEP mRNA; they activate BSEP coactivators by binding to the Farnesoid X Receptor (the "bile acid receptor"); they phosphorylate the BSEP protein via a Ca+/PKCa-mediated mechanism; lastly, they stimulate Cl -/HCO3 - exchange via this same PKCa induction, thus increasing AE2 levels.
Taken together, the above effects drastically enhance secretion of potentially toxic bile acids.

...#3 can be complicated, but I will explain briefly: Certain toxic bile salts activate the Fas Death Receptor on hepatocytes. This leads to a cascade of dozens of protein interactions & ultimately to cell death. TUDCA, UDCA, and certain other compounds can diminish Fas–induced apoptosis, but, as far as I am aware, the exact mechanism is not known at this time. Fas activation here is not ligand-dependent, so the 'obvious' mechanism is out the window. The mechanism could, however, involve activation of the EGFR, which activates MAPK & the MAPK-mediated 'survival pathway' in hepatocytes; it might also involve inhibition, somewhere along the line, of the proapoptotic proteins Bax and Bid.

4. Recommendations
I strongly recommend TUDCA or UDCA to anybody considering a cycle containing oral androgens, for what should by now be obvious reasons. They are extremely potent at preventing or reversing 17aa-androgen-mediated liver damage. There's really no excuse not to take them, in my opinion, and I would advise you not to run a cycle if you can't afford them. Oral androgens can send you straight to the ER if the right precautions are not taken, & your health is much more important than a few more pounds of here-today-gone-tomorrow muscle.

Silymarin and silybin, the milk thistle extracts, are very strong antioxidants and free-radical scavengers in hepatic tissue. They impede hepatic lipid peroxidation, increase glutathione concentrations, and even have anti-inflammatory and tissue-regenerative properties... Other plant-extracted compounds, such as celastrol, have similar effects... But while these extracts are excellent to take for general liver health, they are weak protection and not an appropriate treatment for cholestasis, as they do not appear to impact bile acid secretion/metabolism at pharmacologically-relevant doses. Silymarin did increase bile secretion and improve bile acid metabolism in rats -- but that effect was primarily noticed at a dose of 100mg/kg, administered via i.p. injection (100% bioavailability), and therefore doesn't have much bearing on humans who take much smaller amounts orally (~10% bioavailability).
...But Primordial Performance's "Liver Juice" is silymarin/silybin attached to an excellent delivery complex, and should be quite effective if taken 3x/day. It is the best milk thistle supplement out there, in my opinion.

NAC is also a fine antioxidant and glutathione-booster, but it suffers from poor bioavailability & is usually very underdosed in commercially-available supplements... So I wouldn't bother with it.

Sanofi-Aventi (or is it just 'Sanofi' these days?) manufactures the popular phospholipid-complex product "Essentiale" and "Essentiale Forte". The phosphatidylcholine therein has been shown to help protect hepatic cell membranes against the damaging effects of chenodeoxycholic acid, can inhibit lipid peroxidation, and can induce cytochrome P450, which stimulates the metabolic clearance of bile acids... So there's a reason that it's the most popular OTC liver support in Europe and Asia... But "Essentiale" can be hard to find in the USA -- and, on its own, I don't believe that it is totally adequate protection for users of oral androgens.

View attachment 151619
After you've taken in the last two posts, to get to the heart of your question: it is the very structural change to the molecule by addition of the α-oriented methyl group that dramatically increases the compound's resistance to hepatic breakdown as well as its potency to activate the AR. This modification to the structure of the compound renders it bioavailable and active in circulation for a matter of hours (this is substantial, compared to the parent compound of a 17β-esterified injectable that survives for mere minutes once cleaved off and released from depot into circulation).

Oral androgens were invented and marketed because they are so highly bioavailable by the oral route (equivalent to IM/parenteral administration of the same compound) as this markedly improves practical use/therapeutic benefit as a result of greater adherence to treatment. People don't want to have to do IM injections, and often, don't adhere to treatment as a result.

I kind of disagree with Nac being ineffective, esp if taken at a gram or over, but I could be incorrect, I take 2400 mgs at times. Other stuff you ve written appears to be correct.

After you've taken in the last two posts, to get to the heart of your question: it is the very structural change to the molecule by addition of the α-oriented methyl group that dramatically increases the compound's resistance to hepatic breakdown as well as its potency to activate the AR. This modification to the structure of the compound renders it bioavailable and active in circulation for a matter of hours (this is substantial, compared to the parent compound of a 17β-esterified injectable that survives for mere minutes once cleaved off and released from depot into circulation).

Oral androgens were invented and marketed because they are so highly bioavailable by the oral route (equivalent to IM/parenteral administration of the same compound) as this markedly improves practical use/therapeutic benefit as a result of greater adherence to treatment. People don't want to have to do IM injections, and often, don't adhere to treatment as a result.
Okay! So it's not any real metabolism of the compound at all. That's the toxicity right there.. Not hepatic breakdown. The alkykation or ethylation at 17a has a dual effect by 1) making it more difficult to breakdown (and all the troubles that causes your liver) and 2) makes it either weaker at the AR or much stronger depending on the weight of the chain. Makes it's way to the cell nucleus and activating AR and anabolic gene expression

Hell, it's no wonder Superdrol screws people up. That shit is toxic and potent as hell. I used to argue with Mike Arnold about Superdrol. He loved it and I just couldn't support its use. It wasn't just the Superdrol but the organic and synthetic precursors ("prohormones") like M1T for example. Toxic as hell. Alkyl, Methyl groups, some were synthesized from plant chemicals (can't remember the name offhand). They were nasty also. I never used any of that stuff. Warned people away from that stuff. At the time, we had huge articles on those being posted here and people were using them. I couldn't in good conscience watch everything go in that direction.

The article I read earlier talks about toxicity and demonstrates with examples, subjects who were sick with adenoma or cholestasis, whatever. They actually attach to receptors in the liver cells causing hyperplasia (liver cells are amazingly prolific) in the liver causing growths. If you're interested, check it out at researchgate. Aside from a few spelling mistakes, the authors did well. It's not painful to read:

Okay! So it's not any real metabolism of the compound at all. That's the toxicity right there.. Not hepatic breakdown. The alkykation or ethylation at 17a has a dual effect by 1) making it more difficult to breakdown (and all the troubles that causes your liver) and 2) makes it either weaker at the AR or much stronger depending on the weight of the chain. Makes it's way to the cell nucleus and activating AR and anabolic gene expression

Hell, it's no wonder Superdrol screws people up. That shit is toxic and potent as hell. I used to argue with Mike Arnold about Superdrol. He loved it and I just couldn't support its use. It wasn't just the Superdrol but the organic and synthetic precursors ("prohormones") like M1T for example. Toxic as hell. Alkyl, Methyl groups, some were synthesized from plant chemicals (can't remember the name offhand). They were nasty also. I never used any of that stuff. Warned people away from that stuff. At the time, we had huge articles on those being posted here and people were using them. I couldn't in good conscience watch everything go in that direction.

The article I read earlier talks about toxicity and demonstrates with examples, subjects who were sick with adenoma or cholestasis, whatever. They actually attach to receptors in the liver cells causing hyperplasia (liver cells are amazingly prolific) in the liver causing growths. If you're interested, check it out at researchgate. Aside from a few spelling mistakes, the authors did well. It's not painful to read:

You got it! I agree on the unfavorable risk-reward profile of the designer steroids. To appreciate the allure, during the Designer Steroid Era (early 2000s - early 2010s) characterized by the legal commercial availability of THG, 4-diols, 19-nor-diols, 17alpha-methyl analogues, 1-Testo: these highly hepatotoxic compounds were A) legal and available in supplement shops, and B) they were remarkably anabolic (myotropic) coupled with possessing very favorable anabolic potency relative to their androgenicity.

This table illustrates the relative anabolic/androgenic potency of what became designer steroids from early research by Searle:
Methylstenbolone-relative-potency-Table.ProM.jpg

Methylstenbolone, referenced by the article above, was almost identical to Superdrol, but had a planar configuration of its C-2 methyl group (a delta-1 double bond). Desoxymethyltestosterone is better known as Madol or Phera-Plex (to which Epistane, a still currently popular designer steroid, converts to partly in vivo), Methylstenbolone as Ultradrol, and the others under various names. I don't know whether M1-Alpha was ever commercially available... Perhaps it was Alpha One, if memory serves.

You can see that these compounds do have a remarkably high myotropic (anabolic):androgenic ratio as well as profound absolute myotropic activity. In the context of widespread legal availability, you can see that the risk-reward might tilt towards use for short cycles using UDCA, phosphatidylcholine and mitochondrial antioxidants.

Note: this is Hershberger Assay stuff so it's not directly applicable to humans. If any of these compounds were good substrates for 3α-HSD (ubiquitous in human skeletal muscle) for example, their actual myotrophy would be substantially reduced. This is about where the usefulness of the HA ends: identifying potentially favorable compounds for future human studies.

Note: this is Hershberger Assay stuff so it's not directly applicable to humans. If any of these compounds were good substrates for 3α-HSD (ubiquitous in human skeletal muscle) for example, their actual myotrophy would be substantially reduced. This is about where the usefulness of the HA ends: identifying potentially favorable compounds for future human studies.
To make it more exciting, it's estimated that 10-30% of all bodybuilding supplements maketed and targeted specifically to BBers contain traces of some of the hepatotoxic precursors and (let's be honest) straight up steroids in addition to being stressful for the liver themselves.

To make it more exciting, it's estimated that 10-30% of all bodybuilding supplements maketed and targeted specifically to BBers contain traces of some of the hepatotoxic precursors and (let's be honest) straight up steroids in addition to being stressful for the liver themselves.
I do not doubt it brother.

Ouchthathurts, superdrol isn't only a methyl , it's an alkalated methyl?

ultrasdrol, boladrol, msten, dmz, phera all over the counter anabolic hormones from that era, about twelve years ago

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131