over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taurine - The Wonder Molecule?

Good thing about taurine is if your body doesn't need it , it wont be assimilated, so you cant really overdose on the stuff, generally 5g is most peoples limit for uptake in 1 dose.

"Because the kidneys remove any excess taurine that is consumed, it may be difficult to take too much taurine. There has been one report of a bodybuilder who experienced encephalopathy (extensive brain disease) after taking a large dose of taurine (14 grams) in combination with insulin and steroids, but it is not clear if the brain disease was caused by taurine, the other medications, or other factors."

Taurine Overdose

Too much taurine may can cause diarrhea and upset stomach. Too much of one nutrient can lead to deficiencies in other nutrients.

Post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.

I have good results with 3-5 gms a day in divided doses. It is good for muscle cramps, H20 retention, blood pressure and even cholesterol levels. Great in a pre work out mix

2-3g in my preworkout mix. Never played with real high dosages, don't see why...

I take 2-5 grams taurine spread throughout the day. Excellent supplement!

"Because the kidneys remove any excess taurine that is consumed, it may be difficult to take too much taurine. There has been one report of a bodybuilder who experienced encephalopathy (extensive brain disease) after taking a large dose of taurine (14 grams) in combination with insulin and steroids, but it is not clear if the brain disease was caused by taurine, the other medications, or other factors."

Taurine Overdose

Too much taurine may can cause diarrhea and upset stomach. Too much of one nutrient can lead to deficiencies in other nutrients.

Post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.

Interesting. I usally take about 5g a day, but when I was on Anavar and people were telling me "Taurine will help with the cramps" I was basically like "Fuck no it doesn't help at all" - but I Kept upping the dose until I got to around 12g per day. At that point it helped TREMENDOUSLY with the cramps and muscle spasms I was having from the Anavar, and I never noticed any side effects. This was spread throughout the day though, never all at once.

I love taurine. Great for cell volumization and hydration.

I have been taking 5 grams Taurine with my normal intra-workout drink (20 grams BCAA + 20 grams Glutamine) for some months now... god stuff

10 grams is way too much. I read about one person who took not much more than that and severely messed himself up. 2-3 grams of taurine is the correct dose to use.
Here is the example I found:
There has been one report of a bodybuilder who experienced encephalopathy (extensive brain disease) after taking a large dose of taurine (14 grams) in combination with insulin and steroids, but it is not clear if the brain disease was caused by taurine, the other medications, or other factors.

No disrespect, but I don't understand your post. You tell the other poster that you read about a person who "took not much more than that and severely messed himself up," and then you report that the article says, "it is not clear if the brain disease was caused by taurine, the other medications, or other factors."

You claim that taurine messed him up but your supporting article says that it's not clear. Makes your claim meaningless. Health is a serious issue, and IMHO we should leave the conjecture out of it. Facts only, please.

If I'm reading your post incorrectly, please let me know. Not trying to start sh!t.

Really curious about taurine application to degenerative eye conditions like macular degeneration...

I always use it. On the day I take up to 2 grams, I think that this is enough

Just started adding 3 gms post.
From what I have read so far I am only going to get Better...
Hard to believe but lets See!!!!

3-4g in my pre or intra workout shake.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch