advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The All Things 2023 Mr. Olympia Discussion Thread - News, Pics, Predictions etc.

There are IFBb guys behind the scenes who have family members no longer walking this earth as of the last 3-4 weeks. If not a direct family member then a degree or two away.
You honestly believe these guys are going to cut a fucking check to Hadi. And who Hadi represents to them.
This has nothing to do with white boy USA ambassador. This has nothing to do with fucking lat insertions. get fucking real
This has everything to do with two brothers fighting for the last 3000 years. Both barking at each other the last 70 years. As of one month ago Now theyre out in the middle of the street banging each other's head in the pavement. And haven't stopped since.
No fucking way the IFBB and their allegiances allows them to cut a check to Hadi given what's going on this last month.
Before that one month ago it was all smiles and giggles.
Now it's blood in the streets and allegiances declared.

Cutting a check to Hadi is akin to this.
You find your wife getting bucked down balls deep by some dude. He gets up knocks you out and pisses on your face. You then wake up with no teeth and find your wife still getting railed by this dude.
You then tell him keep going. Better yet you'll tell HR to dispense half of your check to this man's bank account every pay period.
That's how shameful it would be to cut that check to Hadi and giving him the prestige/residuals from that win.
No fucking way a people that proud would allow that.

I agree ambassador is irrelevant and a distraction.

Question. Who heads the IFBB and who are the private financers of the IFBB?
So you’re saying it comes down to Dr. Santonja? lol

This guy- https://www.insidethegames.biz/arti...deration of Bodybuilding,a way into the Games.

All this talk of cutting checks… there is no money in bodybuilding for anyone. The only people making money is the supplement brands who use the athletes and their followers. And that’s if you’re the elite.

I know many promoters, show owners, members, and past top 5 Olympia athletes. They’re all driving 15 to 20 year old cars (Jay is one exception).

Even Arnold was about to sell his show to Shaq a few years back and the whole thing fell apart.

There’s no money anywhere in this sport because it gets no draw like boxing, NFL or major sports.

Last year would be too scandalous to give Derek the victory over Hadi, since Derek had not even debuted in the open and they gave him the pass as a gift because in Pittsburgh it was too massive and Manion was surprised. Hadi had already deserved to win against Ramy the previous year, and against Curry it was also a very controversial decision, because Curry has no legs.

Rhoden was convicted and died shortly after, Curry was not a convincing champion, Ramy ruined his body before his time and he also does not live in the US.

The Pro League was desperate for a new face, if the guy is young, white and pretty, the better. What I'm not sure about is the shit about religion, I don't know to what extent that's good among young people today, it's not like it's 1970.

To this we add that the situation in the Middle East has changed a lot since last year.

Skin color. Yeah, definitely the olympia has never had non-white winners. FFS the first olympia poster I had in my shitty bsmt gym was Haney. Also had momo up.

Must be cause he is white. Im so sick of this "white devil" shit in this "modern era".

Oh, boy, where to start.

1. Rhoden was NEVER CONVICTED, period.

2. Ramy was given a VERY CONTRAVERSIAL special invite and went on to beat the reigning champ, that year, who was American.

3. I do agree Hadi should have multiple O's at this point but I don't think its a political decision.

4. Can anyone honestly think Derek is going to add bodybuilding fans in any number to offset the ones this decision just pissed off in the ME?

5. USA and Iran were no better friends last year vs this. (Not a political statement, a historical one as I am speaking about the past, right?)

1. You misunderstood my point or bad writing on my part, Rhoden was canceled from being able to compete in the Olympia and defend the title due to his problems outside of the sport.

2. I never agreed with the invitation to Ramy, but there is a big difference. Ramy was going to compete and probably win the show and passed to the O, but apparently he got covid. Likewise, Ramy had been competing in the open for almost a decade, being top 3 in the Olympia, champion Arnold Classic in Ohio, Europe and Brazil, also NYP.

The last 3 points are about the same thing. So, if you deny the involvement of political, business or even global geopolitics level (a year ago the main enemy of the USA was Putin, not Hamas/Iran)... then, you have the only explanation for these decisions that judges are terribly bad, stupid, useless or stupid, or all at the same time.

Skin color. Yeah, definitely the olympia has never had non-white winners. FFS the first olympia poster I had in my shitty bsmt gym was Haney. Also had momo up.

Must be cause he is white. Im so sick of this "white devil" shit in this "modern era".

Jay is the most marketable bodybuilder in history, white.

The best bodybuilders from USA since Jay retired have been black: Kai, Phil, Rhoden, Curry, Dexter.

It's not that the PL are racist, but they will welcome a new Jay with open arms. That's why Derek's promotion is unlike anyone else in history.

To say the Olympia results pend on someones race is idiotic. Further more the Olympia promoters can market every athlete that stopped on stage and not just the top winner so the idea they need to promote someone is again not valid.

I think you guys are making it more complicated than it is - Hadi fucking won and to any non-bias/non-racist/any version of neutral out there that is obvious. Derek had him in a couple back poses that's it! The overall complete package Hadi just won. They gave it to Derek because it was somewhat close and Derek is who they want to be Mr. Olympia. Do I think world events might have played into it? No clue, but would anyone be surprised?

Hadi doesn't have the best genetics in the world, but the way he brings it EVERY fucking year is so impressive. Absolutely diced every time. Got robbed in favor of the fake ass white boy who just likes to say all the right things. Derek comes off very fake in my opinion. He should be in a pulpit asking for money somewhere, he would excel at that too.

PS: I was there this year - Derek's lats were fucking weird. Looked like golf balls under the skin.

I think you guys are making it more complicated than it is - Hadi fucking won and to any non-bias/non-racist/any version of neutral out there that is obvious. Derek had him in a couple back poses that's it! The overall complete package Hadi just won. They gave it to Derek because it was somewhat close and Derek is who they want to be Mr. Olympia.

I agree with this and then it stops there for me. There is an overwhelming consensus that Hadi should have taken the win, and this includes a few of the biggest names in BB. The power's to be in the IFBB wanted Derek to have the win and that's it, everything else is speculation and that's all it ever will be, period.

There is a fact that some people in this thread and board may not have taken into account.

In 2017 there was a division between the amateur IFBB and the US NPC. The result is that the NPC now became global and began to compete in attracting amateur athletes around the world. In many countries in Europe, and especially in Asia, the IFBB Amateur has a lot of power and they organize the best events with hundreds of athletes.

So, taking advantage of the absence of a great chamìon from the US or resident in the country, this could have influenced the Pro League and the NPC to have Olympia champions from those parts of the world so that amateur athletes want to compete in the NPC and seek your dream of pursuing the pro card and reaching the Olympia.

Re: #5

CNN.com
Foxnews.com
Still missing the point, NO NEW HATRED to be found on either side, it was there last year I assure you.

Yes those are scumbags too.

My opinion was that him walking off was a scumbag move, different type of scumbag than the above you listed.
Poor sportsmanship, sore loser mentality.
So there are "subsections" of "complete." Dear lord.

To be clear, in the land of RATIONAL thought, sore loser does NOT equal complete scumbag.

There are IFBb guys behind the scenes who have family members no longer walking this earth as of the last 3-4 weeks. If not a direct family member then a degree or two away.
You honestly believe these guys are going to cut a fucking check to Hadi. And who Hadi represents to them.
This has nothing to do with white boy USA ambassador. This has nothing to do with fucking lat insertions. get fucking real
This has everything to do with two brothers fighting for the last 3000 years. Both barking at each other the last 70 years. As of one month ago Now theyre out in the middle of the street banging each other's head in the pavement. And haven't stopped since.
No fucking way the IFBB and their allegiances allows them to cut a check to Hadi given what's going on this last month.
Before that one month ago it was all smiles and giggles.
Now it's blood in the streets and allegiances declared.

Cutting a check to Hadi is akin to this.
You find your wife getting bucked down balls deep by some dude. He gets up knocks you out and pisses on your face. You then wake up with no teeth and find your wife still getting railed by this dude.
You then tell him keep going. Better yet you'll tell HR to dispense half of your check to this man's bank account every pay period.
That's how shameful it would be to cut that check to Hadi and giving him the prestige/residuals from that win.
No fucking way a people that proud would allow that.
Are you saying Dereks soon to arrive child may not be Dereks? I am so confused................

Poor taste joking aside, I could potentially see this.

What would have happened then were Hadi to have SMOKED everyone and Derek and Samson COMPLETELY missed their marks??? What would they have done?

Are you saying Dereks soon to arrive child may not be Dereks? I am so confused................

Poor taste joking aside, I could potentially see this.

What would have happened then were Hadi to have SMOKED everyone and Derek and Samson COMPLETELY missed their marks??? What would they have done?
sigh..

Look at who heads the Olympia and where they are from
Look at who Hadi is and where he is from.

If you don't understand the CURRENT dynamics between those two "peoples" i dont know what else to say.

i do disagree with those who claim the Olympia needs a white face so they chose Derek.

I think this is more about the never ending battle between the "two brothers"

You really have to know the Bible and see whats going on in the ME(loose definition.. i know there is a technical definition of the ME thats been debated here before)

This thread has gone way too extreme.

Everyone’s acting like it was blatantly hadis show to win and not even close. Many, many people (myself included) had Derek winning. It was an extremely close show.

It’s okay to be disappointed and even confused why your favorite competitor didn’t win but people are WAY overreacting and overthinking/making huge stretches here.

This thread has gone way too extreme.

Everyone’s acting like it was blatantly hadis show to win and not even close. Many, many people (myself included) had Derek winning. It was an extremely close show.

It’s okay to be disappointed and even confused why your favorite competitor didn’t win but people are WAY overreacting and overthinking/making huge stretches here.
Agreed. I feel like Jordan Peterson is about to hop on here and do a philosophical YouTube video on the meaning of the Olympia and life or some shit. 🤣

Derek won. Love it or hate. Let’s move it along. There are still more shows this year and Samson is competing in them.

sigh..

Look at who heads the Olympia and where they are from
Look at who Hadi is and where he is from.

If you don't understand the CURRENT dynamics between those two "peoples" i dont know what else to say.

i do disagree with those who claim the Olympia needs a white face so they chose Derek.

I think this is more about the never ending battle between the "two brothers"

You really have to know the Bible and see whats going on in the ME(loose definition.. i know there is a technical definition of the ME thats been debated here before)
Haha!, Ishmael and Isaac!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity