over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Official Hair Transplant Thread

Anubis, I had loads of pictures taken by Dr.Pinto but it never ocurred to me to ask for them since I wasn´t planning on posting them anywhere, sorry for that.

I´ve been told Dr. Pinto has treated a number of spanish celebs, football players, actors, TV presenters (no names given) and his waiting list is now 11 and a half months. That of course is no guarantee regarding results but if those kinds of people go to him it must also be for a good reason, not just price.

So far I can only speak as a patient, and Dr. Pinto is a fantastic professional, kind, with a good sense of humour and always telling you what he was doing / going to do. He took a lot of time in designing the hairline and analysed all parts of my donor areas meticulously which was very reassuring. He still reminds me via text message of when I have to send him more photos, its been ten days and you could barely tell I´ve had anything done.

No worries Nyoco but most clinics will send you copies home with you but you can always ask for them if you do want them. Even if you don't want to share them here they are good to have for your own records.

Most docs boast about celeb clients, it's a safe boast as they're not at liberty to talk about them. I don't put any stock into that but if his waiting list has grown to those levels that does lend a little more credence to me than the celeb clients. There's an odd trend among the Spanish and now Portuguese docs to amass a huge waiting list, sucks for patients but it is what it is.

I hope you didn't take my comments as any negative towards Dr Pinto, as I said every work I've seen from him and the feedback my own transplant doc friends have given me leads me to believe he is a quality choice. It's just my personal preference when giving advice to stick to the tried and true and when pumped asked me for my opinion I feel nervous recommending anybody who hasn't been at this a long time. I don't want to say any doc is good to go if I haven't seen a ton of his work and have it backfire on the patient so it's mostly just erring on the side of the known commodity and nothing to do with Dr Pinto. Every top doc has been where Dr Pinto is today, starting a new practice and building his reputation, Lorenzo and Konior were new guys on the block once to that doesn't mean they weren't elite talents just hadn't had the track record they do now. The guys who took the chances on them early are laughing they got top docs at rock bottom pricing where guys today are paying huge money to use them. You may find yourself in that boat going forward, getting Dr Pinto before he jacks his rates up. It sounds like he was thorough, treated you well and made the experience as pleasant as could be and that is great feedback. Awesome news to hear the donor and recipient are healing quickly as well! Please do keep us updated!

For you guys out there that have used the keto diet have you had any issues with hair loss when swapping to a keto diet?

For you guys out there that have used the keto diet have you had any issues with hair loss when swapping to a keto diet?

I have not noticed any difference

Also Anubis if you're still around your inbox is full.

I just scheduled my FUE with Dr. Vories in February

I've spent nearly $23,000 on hair transplants - And quite honestly, it isn't a miracle. If you're balding or already rather high on the Norwood scale, do not expect to have a luscious full head of hair again. It's impossible. If you just need areas to be filled in, it's a great and permanent option.

In hindsight, I'm glad I did it so I knew I exhausted every option, but I still very much look like I'm balding.

I just started RU 58841, Dutasteride (switched from Finasteride), and also using a derma roller (1.5mm), Emu Oil, Rogaine, 2% Ketoconazole. We'll see if there's any hope...

Last edited:
I've spent nearly $23,000 on hair transplants - And quite honestly, it isn't a miracle. If you're balding or already rather high on the Norwood scale, do not expect to have a luscious full head of hair again. It's impossible. If you just need areas to be filled in, it's a great and permanent option.

In hindsight, I'm glad I did it so I knew I exhausted every option, but I still very much look like I'm balding.

I just started RU 58841, Dutasteride (switched from Finasteride), and also using a derma roller (1.5mm), Emu Oil, Rogaine, 2% Ketoconazole. We'll see if there's any hope...

Can you explain a little more?

1.) How bald were you to start?
2.) How many transplants did you have?
3.) Why didn't you go on a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor with the first transplant?
4.) At this point if you still look like you're balding why not go with one of those toupee like options? Honestly some look very realistic and better than many guy's hair will ever naturally look.

Can you explain a little more?

1.) How bald were you to start?
2.) How many transplants did you have?
3.) Why didn't you go on a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor with the first transplant?
4.) At this point if you still look like you're balding why not go with one of those toupee like options? Honestly some look very realistic and better than many guy's hair will ever naturally look.

1) I was between a Norwood V and Norwood VI (not quite as bad in the front as the traditional Norwood VI)

2) Roughly 2,000 my first surgery, 1,700 my second

3) Who said I didn't? I was on Finasteride from then until a month ago, when I switched to Dutasteride.

4) I am using Gofybr with amazing results.

I inquired on a third surgery, but the Doctor strongly suggested against it - Because of my age (31), he didn't want to expend the remainder of my donor follicles so early in my life. He said because once I do that, I have nothing left to transplant in the future. He showed me some rather horrific pictures of people who went that route, and it doesn't end well.

1) I was between a Norwood V and Norwood VI (not quite as bad in the front as the traditional Norwood VI)

3) Who said I didn't? I was on Finasteride from then until a month ago, when I switched to Dutasteride.

I inquired on a third surgery, but the Doctor strongly suggested against it - Because of my age (31), he didn't want to expend the remainder of my donor follicles so early in my life. He said because once I do that, I have nothing left to transplant in the future. He showed me some rather horrific pictures of people who went that route, and it doesn't end well.

Oh damn, what exactly happened when they got too many too early? Just looked horrible? Splotchy?

I have my first one scheduled for the end of February...2500 grafts and I'm maybe a Norwood 2-3, I wonder why they only did 2000 grafts for you if you were a Norwood 5-6. I am hoping to avoid finasteride though. But I know that decision could hurt me later.

Never heard of Gofybr before but I've been using hair fibers as well (Caboki and Hudson & Mane) and it helps tremendously. My hair looks about as thick with the fibers now as it did 4-5 years ago without the fibers.

Oh damn, what exactly happened when they got too many too early? Just looked horrible? Splotchy?

I have my first one scheduled for the end of February...2500 grafts and I'm maybe a Norwood 2-3, I wonder why they only did 2000 grafts for you if you were a Norwood 5-6. I am hoping to avoid finasteride though. But I know that decision could hurt me later.

Never heard of Gofybr before but I've been using hair fibers as well (Caboki and Hudson & Mane) and it helps tremendously. My hair looks about as thick with the fibers now as it did 4-5 years ago without the fibers.

Yeah, pretty much looked like a reverse Bozo the Clown. Some sparse hair on the very top of the head, then a distinct line with no hair, then some extremely thin areas of the normal 'donor' hair below that. Looked real goofy.

As a Norwood 2-3, you should get really good results. I'm not sure why they broke mine down into two surgeries, I'm sure they gave me a good explanation at the time, but I've since forgotten.

I've heard Caboki is really good. It's amazing how well these fibers work. It's a night and day difference, and so far, I haven't had anything aside from a full blown shampoo / shower take them out. I've ridden on a motorcycle with and without a helmet during a hot and humid day, hats, etc... Nothing.

Good luck with the surgery! Remember to be patient - Results aren't immediate. But with where you're starting, I'm positive you'll be happy.

Yeah, pretty much looked like a reverse Bozo the Clown. Some sparse hair on the very top of the head, then a distinct line with no hair, then some extremely thin areas of the normal 'donor' hair below that. Looked real goofy.

As a Norwood 2-3, you should get really good results. I'm not sure why they broke mine down into two surgeries, I'm sure they gave me a good explanation at the time, but I've since forgotten.

I've heard Caboki is really good. It's amazing how well these fibers work. It's a night and day difference, and so far, I haven't had anything aside from a full blown shampoo / shower take them out. I've ridden on a motorcycle with and without a helmet during a hot and humid day, hats, etc... Nothing.

Good luck with the surgery! Remember to be patient - Results aren't immediate. But with where you're starting, I'm positive you'll be happy.

Oh damn. Would be interested to see pics of that lol sounds bizarre and unfortunate.

Ah so they planned from the very start to break yours into two surgeries. How far apart were the surgeries? They mentioned mine would take all day so perhaps just a timing thing but I don't know.

I just went to the Hudson and Mane site and actually don't see the hair fibers anymore. I wonder if it was discontinued. Just ordered a "free" 15-day sample from Gofybr so we'll see how that goes but I imagine they're all basically the same. The before and afters they show are definitely altered, showing guys going from mostly bald to literally perfect hair, but sales tactics aside the product does certainly work very well for thinning hair. It's most noticeable in the very front so my thought is by building my hairline up in the front with the transplant I'll mainly only have to use fibers on the top/back (years from now) where it's less noticeable that I'm using them and therefore could presumably get by for a while before a second transplant would be needed.

Nw 5/6 by 31, I don't know the ins and outs of your case but I would've been very hesitant to recommend transplants for you. Which doctor did you go to? I find it odd that they broke up your surgery unless it was fue, that should've been one strip...was it fut or fue?

Nw 5/6 by 31, I don't know the ins and outs of your case but I would've been very hesitant to recommend transplants for you. Which doctor did you go to? I find it odd that they broke up your surgery unless it was fue, that should've been one strip...was it fut or fue?

Anubis,

Can you clear your inbox? Thanks

What would you tell someone who was a 5/6 by ~30 years old then...just shave and go with a toupee or something?

What would you tell someone who was a 5/6 by ~30 years old then...just shave and go with a toupee or something?

It's not that I wouldn't recommend transplants but I'd want to have a real frank talk about expectations before suggesting a plan of action. Transplant docs are in the selling dreams business...it's all going to go amazingly and you're going to have a full head of hair, let me show you what I've done in the past, any good docs got a few home run cases that they show off, when they turned a young nw 6 into a nw 2 and it looks great but those guys are the exception not the rule... when you're an advanced nw young, the likelihood of full dense coverage happening all over is slim to none thru transplant alone so you want to tell them what the reality is and see if that is something they are willing to live with. I would always suggest shaving first and potentially a hair system first to an advanced nw just because it's the easiest out, the cost and maintenance is low, vs a transplant which is going to have no margin for error, it'll come at a high cost and is unlikely to solve your problems on it's own. If expectations were realistic, then I would discuss what he could do via transplant. I would suggest which areas to focus on and definitely only recommend fut unless he was very realistic and understanding that he was going to augment his surgery with fibers and a hair system, in that case fue could be viable.

mEy1KqK.jpg

Figured I'd post a new one up since I was having a good hair day, 11 months post-op 2000 grafts FUE, all side/temple recession.

KwA3oDI.jpg

And to think this was literally 10 months ago.

Man this looks fantastic. Did he try to bring the hairline down at all or simply fill in the recession?

I just had it done by the same guy yesterday (I've got a thread on it) and where he placed the grafts is significantly higher up than where he drew the line before the procedure. If it comes out looking at all like yours then I'd be very happy but I'm bummed right now as he deviated quite a bit from where we discussed.

Man this looks fantastic. Did he try to bring the hairline down at all or simply fill in the recession?

I just had it done by the same guy yesterday (I've got a thread on it) and where he placed the grafts is significantly higher up than where he drew the line before the procedure. If it comes out looking at all like yours then I'd be very happy but I'm bummed right now as he deviated quite a bit from where we discussed.

Pumped, just curious, you said the doc deviated quite a bit from what you guys discussed. Can you go into any detail on that?

Sure, I'll copy my post from here https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...-pumped340-hair-transplant-hair-fibers-2.html

So I emailed him and told him the issue. He said "I see what you are talking about. The problem with hairlines is often when we have the hairline even in the frontal view, it is not even in the chin to chest view. When this happens I always go with the frontal view, since this is view most people (including yourself in the mirror), will see. Here is a photo of the graft placement in the frontal view. If it still looks uneven when the hair grows out, it is an easy, one hour fix if we need to."

My problem with that though is he didn't address the fact that he didn't bring it down enough. I sent him pictures of where he drew the line and the pictures of where the grafts were placed and on the right side he's almost a full inch higher than where he drew the line. It's very clearly different.

Also, this whole business about "it only taking an hour"...maybe it only takes an hour on his part but if this has to be done later that's a huge commitment on my part if it involves shaving my head again and going through all this craziness. The whole hair transplant process is almost a year long so it's not just a small thing.

I don't think it will look bad at all, I think my hair was already reasonable with the fibers and with the improved thickness it will go from a 7 to a 9 (relatively) but if I paid almost $12000 for a specific plan then that's what I want and I'm pretty frustrated that he deviated to such a significant degree.

I'm attaching pictures here showing the line he drew and then where he placed the grafts. You can see there is a very noticeable difference between the two. I even asked him during the procedure if there were any surprises and he assured me everything was going exactly as expected.

Attachments

• 0.2.jpg
    0.2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 78
Sure, I'll copy my post from here https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...-pumped340-hair-transplant-hair-fibers-2.html

So I emailed him and told him the issue. He said "I see what you are talking about. The problem with hairlines is often when we have the hairline even in the frontal view, it is not even in the chin to chest view. When this happens I always go with the frontal view, since this is view most people (including yourself in the mirror), will see. Here is a photo of the graft placement in the frontal view. If it still looks uneven when the hair grows out, it is an easy, one hour fix if we need to."

My problem with that though is he didn't address the fact that he didn't bring it down enough. I sent him pictures of where he drew the line and the pictures of where the grafts were placed and on the right side he's almost a full inch higher than where he drew the line. It's very clearly different.

Also, this whole business about "it only taking an hour"...maybe it only takes an hour on his part but if this has to be done later that's a huge commitment on my part if it involves shaving my head again and going through all this craziness. The whole hair transplant process is almost a year long so it's not just a small thing.

I don't think it will look bad at all, I think my hair was already reasonable with the fibers and with the improved thickness it will go from a 7 to a 9 (relatively) but if I paid almost $12000 for a specific plan then that's what I want and I'm pretty frustrated that he deviated to such a significant degree.

I'm attaching pictures here showing the line he drew and then where he placed the grafts. You can see there is a very noticeable difference between the two. I even asked him during the procedure if there were any surprises and he assured me everything was going exactly as expected.

Ah, yea, I see what you're saying.. You're right, there is a noticeable difference... Obviously my opinion means nothing here, but i'm sure it will still look very good, however, if I had paid 12k, I'd be feeling exactly as you are.

Appreciate the updates, Pumped. I'm sure I'll be following you guys' lead here in the near future..

I just saw this on my youtube feed. I figured it would be helpful for anyone considering it around the UK.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYqSfeVV-To"]My Hair Loss Journey & FUE Transplant In London - YouTube[/ame]

For those of you that have not used fibers before yo should give them a shot. You will get better at using them once you get the routine down they go a long way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity