over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

US locations to live - for a Canadian expat

gauge22-v2

Registered
Newbies
Hi PM,

I am strongly considering moving to the USA. I work for a company out of Boston, so job/sponsorship will not be an option. Further I work 100% remotely so I can likely pick anywhere.

Looking for:
- Moderate weather. IE no blazing 110F summer temps
- More conservative. IE: I definitely lean right (libertarian if you had to peg me. < government = better)
- Great proximity to airports for travel
- Within 60-90 minutes of an NFL team
- Low tax rates, although compared to Canuckistan this is likely to occur anywhere

Any insight folks?

Texas and Florida check those boxes but they'll probably be too hot for you in the summer. The panhandle of Texas is the only place where the climate is cooler but there you have no major airports, no professional sports teams, etc.

You pretty much summed up GA in your post. If I wasn’t here I’d be in Texas or Florida (in that order).

Atlanta is the largest connecting airport in the world and you can live 40-60 minutes from it in some of the safest counties in the U.S.

As long as you don’t live IN Atlanta your political stance will fit right in.

I’m not a Falcons fan, but we did just sign Kirk.

Hi PM,

I am strongly considering moving to the USA. I work for a company out of Boston, so job/sponsorship will not be an option. Further I work 100% remotely so I can likely pick anywhere.

Looking for:
- Moderate weather. IE no blazing 110F summer temps
- More conservative. IE: I definitely lean right (libertarian if you had to peg me. < government = better)
- Great proximity to airports for travel
- Within 60-90 minutes of an NFL team
- Low tax rates, although compared to Canuckistan this is likely to occur anywhere

Any insight folks?
Have you been to the U.S.? If so, where and what were your impressions of the places you saw? What do you consider moderate weather? The only place that has year round "nice" weather is California, but you won't like the politics or cost of living.

You pretty much summed up GA in your post. If I wasn’t here I’d be in Texas or Florida (in that order).

Atlanta is the largest connecting airport in the world and you can live 40-60 minutes from it in some of the safest counties in the U.S.

I’d second somewhere in metro-Atlanta with a newly budding suburb and great school district (important for re-sale)…. Tennessee and Georgia have really low property taxes, you’ll shit your pants when you see your tax bill since you’re used to living in Chinada🇨🇦 …enjoy your red-state liberty!

Northern California checks all the boxes except taxes. Specifically Sonoma County where I live. Biased of course. Can I handle all the shit I am going to be flicked my way. By all means. It has everything; Pacific coastline, redwoods, agriculture (specifically vineyards making some of the best wine in the world), a football team, great local airport and getting better, close to Tahoe and Yosemite, Death Valley. Good people too. Could could go on and on but that’s a start.

May I ask what your occupation is?

Have you been to the U.S.? If so, where and what were your impressions of the places you saw? What do you consider moderate weather? The only place that has year round "nice" weather is California, but you won't like the politics or cost of living.

I have been to the USA many, many times. Including childhood, maybe 200?

I’d second somewhere in metro-Atlanta with a newly budding suburb and great school district (important for re-sale)…. Tennessee and Georgia have really low property taxes, you’ll shit your pants when you see your tax bill since you’re used to living in Chinada🇨🇦 …enjoy your red-state liberty!

I already do when I review our US entities payroll!

I will check that out! Never even thought about GA. I also love me some history so being on the east coast I would have a ton of things to see.

Northern California checks all the boxes except taxes. Specifically Sonoma County where I live. Biased of course. Can I handle all the shit I am going to be flicked my way. By all means. It has everything; Pacific coastline, redwoods, agriculture (specifically vineyards making some of the best wine in the world), a football team, great local airport and getting better, close to Tahoe and Yosemite, Death Valley. Good people too. Could could go on and on but that’s a start.

May I ask what your occupation is?

Northern CA, without the politics, would be ideal. I did a road trip up the Big Sur and was blown away. However the political leaning appears to be something that I am running for, not running towards. This is one reason for my potential exodus from Canada.

My "trade" is that I am a CPA. I have worked at the VP/CFO level for around 15 years now.

move to Texas for the bbq gains, man.

Jk Tennessee, Georgia, Oklahoma (OKC area), North Carolina, all fit the bill, the differentiation would be preference.

Kansas City is great too. Take your pick of Kansas or Missouri side.

Have you considered North Carolina?

My wife and I started vacationing down about 20 years ago along the coast and fell in love.....so much so that last year we purchased a beach house in Top Sail. I'm not saying for you to buy a house along the coast but the state definitely fits your temperate zone. Depending on where you are temps can be up to 95 and winters aren't really that cold..... very rarely do they get snow again depending on your location. One side of the state has beautiful mountains that are great for hiking, we done that many times, and you can go east and land that Blue Marlin while ocean fishing. All kinds of great food but unfortunately the Carolina Panthers suck. But there is always awesome NCAA college basketball.....Duke/North Carolina is a classic rivalry.

Don't know.... just a suggestion. Once my wife and I retire we plan on living in our beach house full time.

Any questions and I'll try my best. Good luck with your search.

I have few friends who moved to Florida and they like it.

I have family in Oklahoma and the place is really nice, very mild winters. K.C. is nice too, I have a cousin on the fire dept that works down there and loves it. Though he quit donating blood because all the gang bangers will shoot each other up and use the donated blood, get better and be out on the streets again doing the same shit. Though I am sure it has some good parts. I know three firemen in my area that quit donating blood as well. I personally would look for a no state tax on income as well and you just get an 6-8% raise roughly.

It makes me think Las Vegas, though it has the heat, or Reno NV but that is 7 hours to drive to LV or a under $100 dollar, 1 hour and 10 minute flight. I have an aunt and some cousins that live in Reno and the place is nice, smells a little weird but you get used to it. If your a single guy I would also look on dating sites Bumble or Hinge in those areas you consider as they love to talk about politics and what not on their profiles so you can get a feel for the political climate. Or the political climate you're going to have to listen to. Also Moving to Puerto Rico i think you only pay like %10 federal taxes for so many years but I would double check on that. No sports teams though and probably nothing else you want. I am like you I work 100% online myself for myself so I am looking to reduce my tax base as well. I have also enjoyed myself in Tampa and Miami FL, probably too hot and man the money down there is nuts. Also @Biggerp73 is moving to Chicago so maybe he needs a roommate?? lol j/k. My brother goes to Austin Tx and says there is just tons of stuff to to and where I live everything is closed at 10pm. I have never been to the upper east side of the U.S. but the Patriots are up there and the summer is nice. I also used to enjoy denver as there is a lot to do there but I thinks it s just too busy now but the have places on the out skirts that are nice.

If street hookers is your thing Portland, Seatle, or San Franciso is really sweet. They got this new drug called tranq and just puts all the people to sleep so they don't bother no body. Plus I am sure you can check it out for yourself to see if its any good and you want to be addicted!!!.....lol this last part is a joke. Its actually pretty horrible. I used to love Portland personally but now it seems like a hole

Northern CA, without the politics, would be ideal. I did a road trip up the Big Sur and was blown away. However the political leaning appears to be something that I am running for, not running towards. This is one reason for my potential exodus from Canada.

My "trade" is that I am a CPA. I have worked at the VP/CFO level for around 15 years now.
Love Big Sur. World class. I learned to scuba dive there.

Can’t get political here but . . .

If you go ‘way’ up north the politics change drastically.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDude94
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131