mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why do we risk so much to impress complete strangers with our muscles?

Everytime I meet someone who is more jacked than me it makes me go like "damn, I need to get bigger..." this is because when I was growing up everyone was watching the WWF/WWE plus the whole gangsta culture with huge rappers and stuff was also big, so everyone I knew wanted to be jacked and tough, even some of the girls lol.

Everyone was like "yeah, that guy must be on something" "you know where I can get some roids?" one guy even got insulin from his diabetic uncle and wanted to sell it to me. This was back when I was 15

To this day I still think like this, I feel like I have to workout to be respected, even if I know most people don't care. It has also become one of my hobbies, so I enjoy working out.

I also feel like if I want women to like me I need to look good, but its mainly because its become a part of who I am and something I like to spend my time on

Last edited:
First off i am not to par with some of you guys,i am 5ft/8in tall weigh around 235 decent lean (blurred abs)
If it is hot i wear shorts and a tank top if it is cold i wear winter clothes.
Here is the point i want to make,when i was in my teens early 20s i would wear tight clothes even tanks in the winter !
I loved the attention until i saw another guy just like me and my girl-friend and my friends made fun of him?????????
That was 20 years ago i am 40 ibs more muscle why do i dress more conservative ?
I grew up period .:cool:
I started to train for attention but i am married (22 yrs) have 2 boys 13 and 18 .
I get no attention lol !
I love it for all reasons but now it is for myself!

First off i am not to par with some of you guys,i am 5ft/8in tall weigh around 235 decent lean (blurred abs)
If it is hot i wear shorts and a tank top if it is cold i wear winter clothes.
Here is the point i want to make,when i was in my teens early 20s i would wear tight clothes even tanks in the winter !
I loved the attention until i saw another guy just like me and my girl-friend and my friends made fun of him?????????
That was 20 years ago i am 40 ibs more muscle why do i dress more conservative ?
I grew up period .:cool:
I started to train for attention but i am married (22 yrs) have 2 boys 13 and 18 .
I get no attention lol !
I love it for all reasons but now it is for myself!

Okay so you arent doing it to get attention or to pick up women since you are happily married. So you are saying you put all this time, energy and money into this just so you can look good when you flex in the bathroom mirror?

Okay so you arent doing it to get attention or to pick up women since you are happily married. So you are saying you put all this time, energy and money into this just so you can look good when you flex in the bathroom mirror?

Why does impressing others seem so important to you. Why do you struggle to understand that some guys just love the gym and getting big for themselves. Sure others attention can be nice but at the end of the day many of us would do this simply because we love to and if no one else existed we still would.

Why does impressing others seem so important to you. Why do you struggle to understand that some guys just love the gym and getting big for themselves. Sure others attention can be nice but at the end of the day many of us would do this simply because we love to and if no one else existed we still would.

I do this because I am an attention whore and I like trying to get pussy :eek:

This is an easy answer, it's because he has no self esteem whatsoever and needs other peoples approval to feel good about himself. He has no idea what an athlete is nor does he understand that there are some people that love to lift weights, love to feel the pump, because they love to push themselves. His life revolves around others giving him approval or disapproval on how he feels about himself, he has said this, I'm not making this up.

He really should see a professional and get some help to getting some kind of self esteem so he's not depending on others for how he sees himself. Rather sad life if you ask me.

This is an easy answer, it's because he has no self esteem whatsoever and needs other peoples approval to feel good about himself. He has no idea what an athlete is nor does he understand that there are some people that love to lift weights, love to feel the pump, because they love to push themselves. His life revolves around others giving him approval or disapproval on how he feels about himself, he has said this, I'm not making this up.

He really should see a professional and get some help to getting some kind of self esteem so he's not depending on others for how he sees himself. Rather sad life if you ask me.

I dont honestly like what you just said but that has been me for as long as I can remember. I am 30. I have a great job and a nice body but always something "Seems" to be lacking. I remember being 19 thinking if I had a motorcycle I would be content. Got my first Hayabusa at 22 but It didnt give me that happiness that I was looking for. Got into Bodybuilding and built a lot of muscle. Im big, Im cut and I fuck a lot of girls but something still seems lacking. Right now Im working on buying a z06 Corvette but I have a feeling soon as its in the garage I wont be happy then either :banghead:

Story of my life

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg]Whitesnake - Here I Go Again - YouTube[/ame]

I dont honestly like what you just said but that has been me for as long as I can remember. I am 30. I have a great job and a nice body but always something "Seems" to be lacking. I remember being 19 thinking if I had a motorcycle I would be content. Got my first Hayabusa at 22 but It didnt give me that happiness that I was looking for. Got into Bodybuilding and built a lot of muscle. Im big, Im cut and I fuck a lot of girls but something still seems lacking. Right now Im working on buying a z06 Corvette but I have a feeling soon as its in the garage I wont be happy then either :banghead:

Story of my life

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again - YouTube

I hate to go off to go off topic and am sorry but.....

I think that it would be more productive if you look to find what would actually give you long term happiness.
Don't get me wrong it's a great feeling to have all the cool stuff that you want but IMO this sort of happiness is quite often short term and hollow.
This even applies to having the personally "ideal" physique. It's great to aim high and try to achieve success, but at the time you need to enjoy doing it, being sure to not become a slave to getting where you want to be. Because if you do become a slave to your wants you may eventually resent your prior decisions because the end result doesn't equate to of all the time you have applied to them.

I was in this position about 8 months ago. I was doing well in pretty much every aspect of my life but had what seemed to be a somewhat hollow happiness. I wasn't as happy as I could be. I was hung up on silly things that in the grand scheme of things didn't really matter.
So I changed my thought processes. I found that by helping others and looking at the glass half full I was gaining a lot more happiness than what I gained when I was only helping myself or worrying about what I didn't have.

I could ramble on about this a lot more but I won't. Apologies for the long post.

Best of luck with your future happiness, positive thoughts coming your way buddy :)

BWAAAAAAAA buddy i do it for myself now when i was younger i was stupid.
I found out once you learn about lifestyle it is more than getting somebody else
Yes i feel good about myself but i learned so much more about it all.:lightbulb:

Shit i fucking get in the bathroom remember i have a damn 13 year old in there half the day ;)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
cam2435
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws