over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Excellent YK-11 article by Mike Arnold

johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Mike Arnold is one of the most knowledgable peptide experts in the industry. This is a great article by Mike.
I'm excited because superiorpeptide.com finally has YK-11.
In my research I notice dramatic hardness and a grainy look from YK-11.
It's an excellent SARM to add to any researcher's Arsenal!

Buy YK-11 | Research Liquids | YK-11 Superior Sale

by Mike Arnold

With new S.A.R.M technology being developed at such a rapid pace, it can be difficult to keep up with all the latest advancements. This is especially true when products classified as S.A.R.Ms are really nothing more than designer steroids in disguise. Although not necessarily a bad thing, such deception can make it difficult to separate fact from fiction, further muddying the waters in an already poorly defined market. Up until this point, S.A.R.Ms have differentiated themselves from AAS solely in their molecular make-up, lacking the typical 4-ring structure characteristic of AAS. All previous S.A.R.M’s, including Ostarine, LGD-4033, S4, etc, have shared this universal trait, without which the boundaries between S.A.R.M and steroid become blurred.

Because no nomenclature currently exists for S.A.R.M classification, some researchers have taken it upon themselves to decide which compounds qualify and which ones don’t, using a drug’s effect profile as the primary basis for consideration. This would allow virtually any steroid with a high degree of selectivity for chosen traits to meet S.A.R.M criteria. Unfortunately, this idea has already taken root within the scientific community, with chemicals such as oxandrolone, nandrolone, and even trenbolone having been referred to as “S.A.R.M-like.”

However, this would all be a moot point if not for the development of YK11; a DHT derivative which has thus far been falsely marketed as a S.A.R.M. Originally created at Toho University in Japan, this is one of those straight to market drugs we know very little about, as the total absence of both human and animal testing has made it difficult, if not impossible to determine exactly how it functions from both a pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic standpoint. With such studies being critical for establishing a chemical’s ideal dosing range, potential toxicity, efficacy, bioavailability, etc, we are almost completely in the dark with YK11, being forced to rely on anecdotal evidence alone as a means of evaluating its overall character. However, with such a limited number of independent user reviews currently available, we have yet to come to a general consensus regarding the most basic information.

Here’s what we do know about YK11. 1.) It is a partial androgen receptor agonist. 2.) It functions as a myostatin inhibitor. Let’s address number one first. As most of you know, steroids/S.A.R.Ms stimulate muscle growth mainly by attaching to and activating the androgen receptor. In the vast majority of cases, steroids/S.A.R.Ms are what’s known as full androgen receptor agonists, as they elicit a maximal response of the AR upon occupation. On the other hand, partial agonists activate the androgen receptor with only partial efficacy and may even display some antagonistic activity (an effect common to partial agonists), which means it could potentially block or dull the effects of full agonists (other steroids/S.A.R.Ms) at the androgen receptor.

Because of this, some have proposed that using YK11 in concert with supraphysiological doses of AAS may lead to a reduction in muscle growth. However, this belief assumes that YK11 is unable, in all cases, to activate the AR with equal potency (note: partial agonists are not necessarily weaker from a myotrophic standpoint). It also assumes that the individual is in a state of androgen receptor saturation—because even if YK11 did knock some AAS off their receptor sites, they would just re-attach at the first available opening. Still, there are no benefits associated with being a partial agonist, at least not when it comes to steroids/S.A.R.Ms. Therefore, we must acknowledge the potential for a worst case scenario, which is that YK11 might have an adverse effect at the androgen receptor.

However, before you write YK11 off as another failed experiment in a long line of S.A.R.M failures, keep in mind that YK11’s ability to initiate growth via AR activation was never its primary selling point. What I find really cool about this stuff, and what sets it apart from all other steroids/S.A.R.Ms, is its ability to function as a myostatin inhibitor. More specifically, it reduces the effectiveness of myostatin by increasing production of Follistatin; an antagonistic protein that directly stops myostatin from executing it inhibitory effect on muscle growth.

This effect actually isn’t unique, as many steroids function as myostatin inhibitors to one degree or another. However, what is unique is the potency with which YK11 works to combat this muscle destroying molecule. In one study, YK11 was shown to increase Follistatin production several times higher than DHT, which is itself a potent inhibitor of myostatin. With myostatin playing such a prominent role in the regulation of skeletal muscle mass, any drug capable of elevating Follistatin to this extent should appropriately garner the attention of bodybuilders worldwide.

Over the next 1-2 years we should start seeing more user reviews in conjunction with verifiable US lab work (to confirm compound legitimacy). While this will allow us to draw more reliable conclusions regarding its effects in bodybuilders, current user experiences are encouraging. Although there are some inconsistencies among user reports (which is to be expected in the absence of confirmable mass spec testing), there are also some commonalities. One of the most frequently reported effects is an increase in muscle fullness/pumps, with many individuals claiming that YK11 exceeds even oral AAS in this regard. While I can’t vouch for the truthfulness of these claims, as a previous user of genuine Follistatin, I can say with absolute certainty that this is a primary feature of this particular myostatin inhibitor. Given YK11’s ability significantly increase Follistatin levels, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a direct connection between the two.

For those of you who decide to jump on the bandwagon before more thorough testing has been completed, keep in mind that we do not know what the ideal dosing range is, its half-life, or even its safety profile. YK11 possesses a methyl ester, which may or may not result in some degree of liver toxicity. My guess is that is that it is probably rather mild in this regard, but prudence is still recommended, at least until more user lab work is conducted.

Given YK11’s ability to significantly increase Follistatin production, along with its relatively weak activity at the androgen receptor, it’s likely that its myotrophic effects are mediated primarily through myostatin inhibition. If so, this would make YK11 a solid addition to just about any PED program, aside from those which already incorporate myostatin inhibitors. In my opinion, YK11 is one of the most interesting compounds to hit the market in recent years, but at this point most bodybuilders appear to be unaware, or at least unconcerned with its existence. I expect that to change in the days ahead, as we continue to learn more about it.

JJ, are your experiences with YK-11 pretty much in line with what Mike explained? I remember you telling me it felt more like an actual steroid then a sarm.

So Rad is more watery and like a "bulking drug" while YK is hard and dry something like dht drugs we commonly use already few weeks out of a show? Just trying to differentiate the two.

So Rad is more watery and like a "bulking drug" while YK is hard and dry something like dht drugs we commonly use already few weeks out of a show? Just trying to differentiate the two.
I believe that's the consensus so far but we really need more user data and studies to come to any conclusions.

I'm thinking it could be a very nice drug to use when transitioning from blasts to cruises (or trt). Some myostatin inhibition would be really nice at this time.

YK-11 is not a DHT derivative nor does it have a methyl ester.
(17-alpha,20E) 17,20-[(1-methoxyethylidene)bis(oxy)] 3-oxo-19-norpregna-4,20-diene 21-carboxylic acid methyl ester.

It is some kind of steroid, though, and it is not in the class of Non-Steroidal SARMs. The whole "SARM" thing was originally coined as a nomenclature for non-steroidal molecules, but you know how things go...

Otherwise this was a decent article that articulated some of the issues pertaining to YK.

Here's the thing...all anabolic steroids function through Follistatin. So what makes YK special? It's a partial agonist and selectively produces Follistatin. But what does this mean? Why wouldn't a person just take Tradtional Steroids?

The thing is that Traditional Anabolic Steroids produce Follistatin, then subsequently they increase Myostatin, and at about 6-8 weeks into a cycle we've found that person has elevated Myostatin Levels. I'm not saying anything crazy here. Everyone knows that with Steroids, a person's gains plateau, and even with anecdotal evidence, people often mention the 6-8 week thing.

SO what I want to ascertain here is this: can YK increase Follistatin without triggering the other feedback mechanisms? Does YK increase Follistatin without also increasing Myostatin?

I guess we could just begin with broscience. How long does it remain effective for you guys?

(17-alpha,20E) 17,20-[(1-methoxyethylidene)bis(oxy)] 3-oxo-19-norpregna-4,20-diene 21-carboxylic acid methyl ester.

It is some kind of steroid, though, and it is not in the class of Non-Steroidal SARMs. The whole "SARM" thing was originally coined as a nomenclature for non-steroidal molecules, but you know how things go...

Otherwise this was a decent article that articulated some of the issues pertaining to YK.

Here's the thing...all anabolic steroids function through Follistatin. So what makes YK special? It's a partial agonist and selectively produces Follistatin. But what does this mean? Why wouldn't a person just take Tradtional Steroids?

The thing is that Traditional Anabolic Steroids produce Follistatin, then subsequently they increase Myostatin, and at about 6-8 weeks into a cycle we've found that person has elevated Myostatin Levels. I'm not saying anything crazy here. Everyone knows that with Steroids, a person's gains plateau, and even with anecdotal evidence, people often mention the 6-8 week thing.

SO what I want to ascertain here is this: can YK increase Follistatin without triggering the other feedback mechanisms? Does YK increase Follistatin without also increasing Myostatin?

I guess we could just begin with broscience. How long does it remain effective for you guys?

Excellent post.

I'm not trying to poke fun but really how true is that 6-8weeks thing? Some of us are still on our first cycle...which started years ago lol!

If that was the case progress would plateau much harder. Or is blasting and cruising enough to keep gains coming? Some of us only do the blasting part as well. I fail to see this 6-8 weeks thing having any truth behind it.

Hey man, you don't have to worry about "poking fun" with me, as long as we are truly here to investigate and not just saying that this is "wrong."

Sure what I was saying is as true as true can be, yet there is more truth.

There are many ways to "chase the dragon." Of course, within one cycle, you can just keep increasing the dose. Or you could blast, cruise and let it all subside, then blast again.

You know, what we are both saying here are self evident as much as they are true. I understand what you are saying, and it is true that a person can blow past these limits.

What I was talking about were simple observations of simple science in order to disclose the nature of simple phenomenon. If a person takes 500mg/w Test Prop, then you see things such as an increase in Follistatin. Still the body takes countermeasures in order to obtain some sort of homeostasis, and it tends to be some sort of thing with in 6-8 weeks.

The truth is that it actually seems to even work in three-week periods, somewhat coinciding with a woman's period, the moon. Often in studies the first three weeks are the best, then the next three weeks are good, then the next three weeks things level off.

These are simple scientific observations, necessary to come to some sort of understanding. There are many ways in which these things can be overcome, but I'd hope that we can learn from them.

Hey man, you don't have to worry about "poking fun" with me, as long as we are truly here to investigate and not just saying that this is "wrong."

There are many ways to "chase the dragon." Of course, within one cycle, you can just keep increasing the dose. Or you could blast, cruise and let it all subside, then blast again.

You know, what we are both saying here are self evident as much as they are true. I understand what you are saying, and it is true that a person can blow past these limits.

What I was talking about were simple observations of simple science in order to disclose the nature of simple phenomenon. If a person takes 500mg/w Test Prop, then you see things such as an increase in Follistatin. Still the body takes countermeasures in order to obtain some sort of homeostasis, and it tends to be some sort of thing with in 6-8 weeks.

The truth is that it actually seems to even work in three-week periods, somewhat coinciding with a woman's period, the moon. Often in studies the first three weeks are the best, then the next three weeks are good, then the next three weeks things level off.

These are simple scientific observations, necessary to come to some sort of understanding. There are many ways in which these things can be overcome, but I'd hope that we can learn from them.

This highlights some of the reasons why I always plan to do short cycles such as 4 on 4 cruise 4 on etc. Part of me just goes for ease though and I get lazy but I definitely will change my approach after my current cycle. I know I will get better results plus it just makes things more interesting/fun. Even 6-8 week cycles but no more stay on for 20 weeks and pretty much the last 10 weeks are holding onto what I gained. Although there is definitely a place for longer and progressive cycles when trying to build quality muscle over time.

I see what you're saying. I actually get tired of same things in the 6-8 week range and up either switching compounds or cruising for a short 4 weeks. That's actually one of the reasons I have been able to try many different compounds in a short period of time. Lots of it was experimentation so I can see how I respond to different things. The more I learn doing this the more I can safely run cycles with the least sides and issues.

Thanks for sharing. It's in line with Emerics thinking of 8 weeks on 8 weeks off if I recall correctly.

This highlights some of the reasons why I always plan to do short cycles such as 4 on 4 cruise 4 on etc. Part of me just goes for ease though and I get lazy but I definitely will change my approach after my current cycle. I know I will get better results plus it just makes things more interesting/fun. Even 6-8 week cycles but no more stay on for 20 weeks and pretty much the last 10 weeks are holding onto what I gained. Although there is definitely a place for longer and progressive cycles when trying to build quality muscle over time.
I have been really thinking about setting numbers in stone, mostly to avoid abuse and health issues. I tend to just run things with no set times of start or end dates. I have been kicking around the idea of 8 weeks on, 8 weeks off. This makes it easy, on for 2 months off for 2, etc. That's 50% of the year on and 50% off. Seems reasonable.

If not, then the researchers themselves (the people who made the drug) are putting out inaccurate info, as are several other chemists, all of whom, are saying it is a testosterone/DHT derivative.

So, are you saying it is a 19-nor derivative instead?

As far as it not having a methyl ester, doesn't it say right in the nomenclature that it does? Can you please explain what it means by the term "methyl ester", if not methyl ester? I've never claimed to be a chemist, so I usually rely on information from other chemists (which I did in this case), as well as the nomenclature itself. I was told because of the location of the methyl group, toxicity was probably either mild or a non-issue. Regardless, can you please explain what you mean by it not having a methyl ester when it says in the nomenclature it does? Better yet, maybe I could just ask the guy I consulted with (he flat out told me it had a methyl group) if he could come in here and then you guys could hash it out, as I can't argue chemistry effectively. :)

Research shows that YK-11 increased Follistatin level several times (I believe 5X) higher than DHT, which is already a decent myostatin inhibitor from a steroidal standpoint. That's a pretty significant increase.

Being that other steroids do, I would guess that YK11 does as well. However, that doesn't negate its benefits, as higher follistatin levels translate directly into increased muscle growth. So, even if it does trigger an eventual increase in myostatin, we will still be able to benefit from the initial increase and besides, we don't really know to what extent the body will counter this increase anyway. In my opinion, given what we currently know, the higher follistatin levels climb, the better (from a muscle growth standpoint).

It may also have value when added into a traditional steroid cycle at the 8 week point (when myostatin levels peak), as a way to keep gains going. Being that YK11 is superior to other AAS (at least those we have studied) in terms of myostatin inhibition, this sounds like a feasible way to counter the negative feedback that occurs with typical steroid cycles.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to poke fun but really how true is that 6-8weeks thing?
It's very true--been shown in studies. However, this doesn't mean gains will necessarily "stop" at that point, as there are many factors involved in the muscle growth process, many of which we can manipulate to our advantage. Still, an increase in follistatin definitely won't help matters and plays at least a partial role in gains reduction as a cycle progresses.

Some of us are still on our first cycle...which started years ago lol!

If that was the case progress would plateau much harder. Or is blasting and cruising enough to keep gains coming? Some of us only do the blasting part as well. I fail to see this 6-8 weeks thing having any truth behind it.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner