over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low White blood Count??

Alias

Registered
Had my labs done on the 19th and got them back with some strange results.
surprisingly my cholesterol was actually improving since last time.. I'm close to the normal ranges for the first time in many years.

My Liver values were fine as was my thyroid. blood glucose looked fine and. My RBC slightly high but still in the normal range, but my WBC was low.

The WBC was 3.1 (3100), which is strange because I was running Deca and test for nearly 20 weeks, If anything I would think it would have be high.

Normal range is anywhere from 3.5 to 10.1 and the last time I had it tested was before cycle and it was 6.4. I've been really tired lately and always feel congested. I have trouble getting a deep breath and feel feverish but have no fever..

Any thoughts?

I'm going for more labs in a couple weeks.

I also have low WBC. My doctor told me it has always been low but not to this point. I had bone marrow biopsy done to make sure there was no lekemia. I also feel tired alot. It's hard for me to put on any muscle regardless of hat I eat and it's even hard to trim up. Almost always feel like I'm birning the muscle instead I fat.

Not to mention for my age my test is on the low side. Something the dr wants nothing to do with. I'm finally hitting the age where some clinics might be able to help me

Hard to say if this is the first time being low, you may of had a mild bacterial infection .If you had inflammation of your spleen(Splenitis) I would believe you would feel it in your stomach/ back-kidney area. If no apparent pain, unlikely Enlarged Spleen. If the other WBC differentials, Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils were off, then there may be a bigger concern. Being WBC individually, personally I don't see a concern. Although this is something you and your physician should discuss.

Last edited:
Hard to say if this is the first time being low, you may of had a mild bacterial infection .If you had inflammation of your spleen(Splenitis) I would believe you would feel it in your stomach/ back-kidney area. If no apparent pain, unlikely Enlarged Spleen. If the other WBC differentials, Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils were off, then there may be a bigger concern. Being WBC individually, personally I don't see a concern. Although this is something you and your physician should discuss.

Now that you mention it i have had some stomach pain. I cant sleep on my left side because i get a burning sensation in my gut after about 5 minutes. Also i wake up with some pain also in the stomach area but it subsides after I've eaten but returns about three hours later if i dont eat again. Hmmm.

I spoke to the doctor today who didnt seem to concerned but ordered more labs. I believe she said they be testing the differential to see which WBC is being effected. Does that sound right?

my WBC tends to be low wen im sick or dieting strictly, if that has any relation with ur life lately

Now that you mention it i have had some stomach pain. I cant sleep on my left side because i get a burning sensation in my gut after about 5 minutes. Also i wake up with some pain also in the stomach area but it subsides after I've eaten but returns about three hours later if i dont eat again. Hmmm.

I spoke to the doctor today who didnt seem to concerned but ordered more labs. I believe she said they be testing the differential to see which WBC is being effected. Does that sound right?

Yes as well as a LFT (Liver Function test) along with a CBC. An Abdominal x-ray, ultrasound, or CT scan may be ordered by your physician. Have you ever had Mono?

Edit: Be sure to discuss the abdominal discomfort your experiencing also.

Last edited:
my WBC tends to be low wen im sick or dieting strictly, if that has any relation with ur life lately

Through out my last cycle I was very nasally and congested for almost the entire time. I thought It was a mild allergy to something in the gear, but it wasn't bad enough to make me wanna stop. Could have been a cold, but it lasted a long time if it was. My diet doesn't change much, I just eat about 50% more while I'm on cycle.

Yes as well as a LFT (Liver Function test) along with a CBC. An Abdominal x-ray, ultrasound, or CT scan may be ordered by your physician. Have you ever had Mono?

Edit: Be sure to discuss the abdominal discomfort your experiencing also.

Mono, I had when I was in 8th grade.. I also had mumps a few years earlier.
My liver function test was done the same time as the WBC and came back fine. I guess I will see what the next round of labs say and then ask for a Abdominal x-ray, ultrasound and CT.

Thanks for the responses.

Be certain to let your physician know that your had EBV (Mono) when you was younger. He/ She can further order labs for possible indication that there may be reactivation of the virus.

Again it may just be a lab error, mild infection or nothing at all. With that said the more information you can relay too your physician, the easier the diagnosis can be.

Keep us updated.

Be certain to let your physician know that your had EBV (Mono) when you was younger. He/ She can further order labs for possible indication that there may be reactivation of the virus.

Again it may just be a lab error, mild infection or nothing at all. With that said the more information you can relay too your physician, the easier the diagnosis can be.

Keep us updated.

Thanks Stewie. Thats a lot of help. I can't believe doctors never ask those questions.. They are too concerned with giving me crap for my steroid use. Every time I have a problem, thats what they blame. Maybe I should be a fucking doctor.

This may be of interest for you. Epstein Barr Virus (Mono) can in some cases can lay dormant for a number of years. Our Immune system is the responsible role in keeping EBV either suppressed or reactivation of the Virus. In some cases EBV can manifest into the formation of lymphoma, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

As it seems from several studies when we become TH2 dominant, EBV becomes active. TH2 is a signal response for fighting infection or invader cells outside of the cell as antibodies that are needed to control extracellular pathogens ,which unlike intracellular parasites in which TH1 cytokines attack inside the cell.

Now I'm not saying that you will develop Lymphoma or CFS. What's important to know is certain foods and supplements we eat or take can trigger a balance of TH1/TH2 Cytokines response or become dominant in either direction.

Caffeine, Green Tea Extract ,White Willow Bark, Lycopene,Resveratrol,Pycnogenol,Curcumin,Genistin,Quercitin to mention a few things that can signal TH2 stimulation.

If you want to know more about this Google or Pubmed-Medscape "TH1/TH2 balance" as well "Epstein Barr TH1/TH2".

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127