over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low back issue

Mr.Purple

Newbies
After a set of heavy squats or deadlifts, my low back gets gets very stiff and immobile. I usually go hang from the chinup bar, which alleviates the pressure somewhat. It has been like this for years, and doesn't seem dangerous, but it does make me pretty useless after just one heavy work set. Looking for an educated guess on what could be causing this.

I have the same problem sometimes but takes several sets. Its always my lower left lumbar, I think its been strained and just hasn't had time to heal

Maybe your back gets to compressed.? Go to a chiropractic professional and see if there is something they can do.

I experience something similar myself. Mostly on the left side as well. I actually pulled a muscle in my lowerback about a week ago doing T-bar Rows. I wasn't wearing a belt. I guess its time to start being in my 40's now.

I feel it right smack dab in the middle, right above my asscrack. lol

I guess I should get it checked, but I'm alright as long as I don't overdo the frequency of heavy spinal loading. I just hate doctors and hospitals, try to avoid them as much as possible. I guess getting an xray or something couldn't hurt.

look through my threads, i just talked about this... short note, get high density foam roller and an inversion table!

Bro I have the same issues..you might get x ray and be sure you don't have a spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis which is small fracture of vertebra or bilateral fracture where the disc moves forward ..do you have a step off or feel a bump in the L4/L5 area?

Also could be a facet impingement which in case a chiro or PT could fix it.

or maybe just a muscle strain..don't just go to the chiro without having an idea of whats going on they are going to manipulate you whether you NEED it or not. I would suggest an evaluation from a physical therapist if it continues brotha ..good luck

I guess I should get it checked, but I'm alright as long as I don't overdo the frequency of heavy spinal loading. I just hate doctors and hospitals, try to avoid them as much as possible. I guess getting an xray or something couldn't hurt.

Foam roller and inversion are great...have someone film you squat. It could be posture. If you're curling your back out and sticking you ass out like a chic trying to show her stuff(sorry only way I can describe it) you need to learn to contract your abs and tuck your pelvis more.

Foam roller and inversion are great...have someone film you squat. It could be posture. If you're curling your back out and sticking you ass out like a chic trying to show her stuff(sorry only way I can describe it) you need to learn to contract your abs and tuck your pelvis more.

I know what you mean, but that's not the way I squat. Squats alone does not cause the problem, but when I include deadlifts in my program it affects every other lift where the low back is involved. I'm thinking of switching to the trap bar and see how that goes.

May have what I have and that's loss of space between lower discs. Or "collapsed disc". Inversion table helps a lot but be careful in it, I had 1 bad experience in it that taught me the def of pain

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I do a set of abs when this happens and it relieves the pressure.

I know what you mean, but that's not the way I squat. Squats alone does not cause the problem, but when I include deadlifts in my program it affects every other lift where the low back is involved. I'm thinking of switching to the trap bar and see how that goes.

Oh, I deal with the same issue. Since its not posture. Try the foam rolling. I find I adapt in 3 weeks when I have deads and squats often in my schedule. Right now they are both done twice a week in some variation. I do 3 sets of crunches before either and contract my abs hard during the exercise. Lots of foam rolling and I put deads and squats at the end of the training schedule so not to aggravate my lower back.

I do the same thing, usually hanging leg raises. I think it's the decompression that does the trick though, not really the ab work.

The ab work takes the blood flow out from the Lower back that is giving you a pump per say. I have bad lower back pump when I do legs and any variation of deads. Imo like other people have said foam roll and get an inversion table. Your glutes, it bands, and hamstrings are probably insanely tight and causing your hips to roll causing strain on your discs.

The ab work takes the blood flow out from the Lower back that is giving you a pump per say. I have bad lower back pump when I do legs and any variation of deads. Imo like other people have said foam roll and get an inversion table. Your glutes, it bands, and hamstrings are probably insanely tight and causing your hips to roll causing strain on your discs.

Thanks for the advice, man. It does feel like the hips are insanely tight. I foam roll but it never seems to do the trick. I use a tennis ball for the glutes.

Sounds like it could be your SI joint. I pulled mine out of alinement a few years ago and felt a lot of pressure in my lower back like you described. Mine got so bad that I would feel it even when I sat down or if I bent over to pick something up. It felt like mild sciatica. A chiropractor was able to pop it back in place and I haven't had the problem since.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws