over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nutrient Timing..How many are using it?

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How many of you guys are using nutrient timing with success both for gaining size and leaning out.

I know my diet questions have been up and down and around lately but im using the time i have currently to find whats optimal for my body, how it runs the best, stays lean and whats best for adding tissue while staying relatively lean.

I have found that if i just pound away at carbs meal after meal that i gain a lot of size and fullness quickly but my progress halts as quickly as it started and i get very "fluffy"

Seriously looking into nutrient timing, and have tried it lately with sucess

training days
m1..50p/30f
m2..50p/30f
m3..50p/30f
m4 pre..50p/50c
intra..25p/50c
m5 pwo..50p/100c
m6..50p/30f

off days
50p/20f x 6 meals

with a refeed/cheat on sundays....\

trainig 4 days per week ..DC style

i think for me the key is keeping my insulin sensitivity...keeping a close eye on my diet and not allowing myself to get too fat. I have a weird body type, as a kid i was skinny, as a teen i was chubby and as an adult i was skinny. But i consider myself endo bc i can gain quickly on lower calories than most, but when cutting my body likes to hold onto fat.

-fat sources are grass fed butter, evco, evoo, eggs , almond milk, avacado, peanut butter, almonds

- carbs are oats or cream of rice pre, hbcd intra and kids cereal or jasmine rice post

-proteins are lean ground beef, ground turkey, chicken, egg whites, whey

I follow the nutrient timing strategies introduced to me by Scott Stevenson years ago and those he suggests in his Fortitude Training book with some slight adjustments based on how I have progressed.

Some of the basic principles I adhere to
-Lower carbs to no carbs during the day and have first carbs prep workout
-Fuel with carbs pre, intra, post and post-post workout as well as before bed if lean weight gain stalls - I have
-Have shake in the middle of the night (if lean weight gain stalls add carbs - I have)
-if needed, have carbs with the first meal on the morning after training if training late
-Increase calories around training first, after you reach a point where you feel full from this amount of food, add calories in the form of healthy fats to other meals

I follow the nutrient timing strategies introduced to me by Scott Stevenson years ago and those he suggests in his Fortitude Training book with some slight adjustments based on how I have progressed.

-Fuel with carbs pre, intra, post and post-post workout as well as before bed if lean weight gain stalls - I have
-Have shake in the middle of the night (if lean weight gain stalls add carbs - I have)
-if needed, have carbs with the first meal on the morning after training if training late
-Increase calories around training first, after you reach a point where you feel full from this amount of food, add calories in the form of healthy fats to other meals

from what ive researched and gathered myself, some knowledge from John and some from scott this is the direction im going myself. Currently im still leaning out a bit so ive eliminated the ppwo carbs. But when i go back into a gaining phase i will add them ppwo and maybe middle of night upon waking if needed. i also plan to add some carbs to my last meal on non workout days, again once i go into my gaining phase, there seems to be a lot of added benefits from this.

have u noticed an increase in urination? odd question i know. since eliminating my carbs during the day i seem to have been peeing a lot more.

from what ive researched and gathered myself, some knowledge from John and some from scott this is the direction im going myself. Currently im still leaning out a bit so ive eliminated the ppwo carbs. But when i go back into a gaining phase i will add them ppwo and maybe middle of night upon waking if needed. i also plan to add some carbs to my last meal on non workout days, again once i go into my gaining phase, there seems to be a lot of added benefits from this.

have u noticed an increase in urination? odd question i know. since eliminating my carbs during the day i seem to have been peeing a lot more.

I urinate a lot anyway and have eaten this way for a while.... so it is really tough to say. BUT, I can give this observation, when contest dieting and going keto, I am peeing a great deal. Eating protein fat meals has diuretic properties, and going keto you really eliminate water. No carbs to hold water = more water flushed out

I urinate a lot anyway and have eaten this way for a while.... so it is really tough to say. BUT, I can give this observation, when contest dieting and going keto, I am peeing a great deal. Eating protein fat meals has diuretic properties, and going keto you really eliminate water. No carbs to hold water = more water flushed out

Makes a ton of sense the more i think about it, Big Dave smith is who really brought me into this idea of eating. I believe we have similiar body types in regards to nutritional needs. Whats ur non training days look like?

Makes a ton of sense the more i think about it, Big Dave smith is who really brought me into this idea of eating. I believe we have similiar body types in regards to nutritional needs. Whats ur non training days look like?

Dave and I are very good friends.... Well, things are going to change, but it was almost all of the same meals, but no pre-intra carbs and those calories are gone. I like to have a some carbs towards the end of the day as I feel it helps me sleep better. So with meal 5 (dinner) I'll have some potatoes or a 1/2 cup of rice and then before bed i'll have about 35-40g carbs from oats or ezekiel bread or some fruit. During the day I may have a half an orange or a few grapes or a few strawberries with a meal (I do this every day and don't bother tracking them).

The change is that i am going to be adding carbs throughout the day to see if I can get my weight going up more. I have a very fast metabolism

Dave and I are very good friends.... Well, things are going to change, but it was almost all of the same meals, but no pre-intra carbs and those calories are gone. I like to have a some carbs towards the end of the day as I feel it helps me sleep better. So with meal 5 (dinner) I'll have some potatoes or a 1/2 cup of rice and then before bed i'll have about 35-40g carbs from oats or ezekiel bread or some fruit. During the day I may have a half an orange or a few grapes or a few strawberries with a meal (I do this every day and don't bother tracking them).

The change is that i am going to be adding carbs throughout the day to see if I can get my weight going up more. I have a very fast metabolism[/QUOTE]

i did notice from some of ur other post that u eat a lot of calories when gaining. very close if not more calories than i was eating when i was sitting 250-255lbs. Thats what i call a blessing and a curse lol im sure you know what i mean

Sounds a lot like Meadows recommendations too. I've read up a lot on Meadows theory and a nutrient timing book. Basic strategy I find is keep carbs low in morning mostly protein in fat then add in carbs in the afternoon as you approach your workout either the meal before a a couple before depending on how you respond to carbs then peri workout nutrition is key carbs before, during and after workout with protein. Some kind of hydro or peptopro can really help during your workout and will eliminate need to rush home and eat.

The change is that i am going to be adding carbs throughout the day to see if I can get my weight going up more. I have a very fast metabolism[

i did notice from some of ur other post that u eat a lot of calories when gaining. very close if not more calories than i was eating when i was sitting 250-255lbs. Thats what i call a blessing and a curse lol im sure you know what i mean

Yes, I get sick of eating at times lol

Sounds a lot like Meadows recommendations too. I've read up a lot on Meadows theory and a nutrient timing book. Basic strategy I find is keep carbs low in morning mostly protein in fat then add in carbs in the afternoon as you approach your workout either the meal before a a couple before depending on how you respond to carbs then peri workout nutrition is key carbs before, during and after workout with protein. Some kind of hydro or peptopro can really help during your workout and will eliminate need to rush home and eat.

Yes, I follow John, and Scott and John are pretty tight as Scott writes for John's site. Lower carbs up to training allows you to be more insulin sensitive when you consume carbs around training and that is certainly a time when you want to be sensitive towards insulin.

Intra workout I use a combo og pepto pro, EAAs and BCAAs with a mix of karboload and HBCDs

I am using it and making the best results i ever have, insulin sensitivity is key to making gains i have learnt.

Finding this out quickly myself, fuck the scale i wanna grow but grow lean

to be honest mate, same for me, i dont even weight myself anymore, and everyone says this is the biggest / leanest i look, i will weight myself once a month out of curiosity. But i have learn't chasing numbers , for me didn't equal results. The mirror and performance in the gym have been better markers.

to be honest mate, same for me, i dont even weight myself anymore, and everyone says this is the biggest / leanest i look, i will weight myself once a month out of curiosity. But i have learn't chasing numbers , for me didn't equal results. The mirror and performance in the gym have been better markers.

i spent a year chasing numbers and i got fat..period. I still use the scale as a way to monitor progress, for example if im dieting and i all the sudden dump 5 lbs in a week i know i need a refeed or if i weigh myself in the morning and after work and 4 meals in a couple pounds lighter than morning. But i dont chase the numbers anymore

i spent a year chasing numbers and i got fat..period. I still use the scale as a way to monitor progress, for example if im dieting and i all the sudden dump 5 lbs in a week i know i need a refeed or if i weigh myself in the morning and after work and 4 meals in a couple pounds lighter than morning. But i dont chase the numbers anymore

During a dieting phase I weight myself every Friday early AM after morning piss. After diet starts to get past a few months I find every other week weighing helps since the change may not be as drastic if you only weigh once a week but in reality I often don't ever with myself. It's just out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I am using it and making the best results i ever have, insulin sensitivity is key to making gains i have learnt.

Absolutely, for me I have been timing everything to hit during my workout lately and although I only weigh 205 it is the best 205 I have ever looked. I have pushed it close to 220 before but its all watery and bloofy looking.

Not only do I time the nutrient to hit during the workout I try to time the gear also with suspension/orals/slin all taken pre-workout and I am getting great results. The scale weight isn't rising super fast like it used to when I would go all out and devour carbs all day but its steady, and the "look" is great. Bulky but still a bit vascular with abs showing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws