over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much are you shrugging?

Straight vertical shrugging never did anything for my traps.
This is how I use dumbbells. Made all the difference in the world for me.
Makes a lot of sense. Traps don't just sit at the top they are the entire upper center back too (anatomy chart makes it very clear these are big muscles not just topping). Relative to a vertical torso they pull both back and up.

Lots of ways to get big traps but basic shrugs don't build them in isolation. You never ever see big traps and a scrawny weak dude. He may be skinnier and not have arms/quads/pecs but traps are indicative of a powerful top to bottom posterior chain. Lock up and grapple with that dude and you will find real strength there. Showboat muscles are nice but when I see traps, hips, hamstrings, and thick ab wall, regardless of the rest...there is power in there. Those don't lie.

Makes a lot of sense. Traps don't just sit at the top they are the entire upper center back too (anatomy chart makes it very clear these are big muscles not just topping). Relative to a vertical torso they pull both back and up.

Lots of ways to get big traps but basic shrugs don't build them in isolation. You never ever see big traps and a scrawny weak dude. He may be skinnier and not have arms/quads/pecs but traps are indicative of a powerful top to bottom posterior chain. Lock up and grapple with that dude and you will find real strength there. Showboat muscles are nice but when I see traps, hips, hamstrings, and thick ab wall, regardless of the rest...there is power in there. Those don't lie.
Correct and agree from A to Z.

A good set of traps really stands out. Its what separates the curl jockeys from the beasts, the beach boys from the athletes. I'm not particularly fond of shrugs but I'll throw them in if I'm doing a two a day on back. 185 on smith 70's on the DB's. Slow and controlled. Surprisingly banded upright rows isolate my traps more than anything.

I do the exact same thing. Using a slight angle leaned forward. I picked up these lil gadgets for doing dumbbell shrugs. Work great! Might pick up the barbell row ones too…

Cage
Brooooo get some Versa grips. They have made my back days legendary, its weird how well the work when you first look at them. First back day with them I was like how the fuck am I just learning about these?!

Brooooo get some Versa grips. They have made my back days legendary, its weird how well the work when you first look at them. First back day with them I was like how the fuck am I just learning about these?!
Oh I got a pair… I prefer plain ol straps though.

Cage

Oh I got a pair… I prefer plain ol straps though.

Cage
Interesting. I never liked straps. Tried both the regular style and the figure 8's. I've just been chalkin it all these years before I found versas a few months ago. Now I'm curious to hear from more people that have used versas and straps. I rarely find anyone that has used versas.

Interesting. I never liked straps. Tried both the regular style and the figure 8's. I've just been chalkin it all these years before I found versas a few months ago. Now I'm curious to hear from more people that have used versas and straps. I rarely find anyone that has used versas.
I have pretty large hands and wrists, and have trouble getting the versa grips on my wrists and having the rubber stub to actually cover enough of my fingers. Basically fits just in my palm. Feels like it’s not a 100% good fit.

The figure 8’s usually don’t fit me. I was able to get one from Spuds that I could actually use. I like it, but just my personal preference with straps is all.

Got many different types of straps. Cheap ass ones, mid grade, and expensive ones. One I found on Amazon for like $12 and really liked em. They’d wear out after a year so I’d just toss it and get another pair.

However, I got a free set of straps from GymPin with an order I placed awhile back. They’re like a suede material. Man I really like these ones! I dunno what they cost, but they seem durable and feel great on my wrists.

Cage

💯 👍🏿

2019-05-16 05.41.31.jpg

I've used Versa for years and would never go back to straps. Versas give a different level of non-slip grip.

I found a pair of the versa style grips on Amazon for $9 so I ordered them up see what you guys are talking about

One of the reasons why this is a great movement for overall trap development...

One of the reasons why this is a great movement for overall trap development...

Yep ^^^ I did these yesterday except I was standing, slightly bent over using dumbells (I have also done them as shown on an incline bench). Supersetted them with Hammer strength shrug machine.

Yep ^^^ I did these yesterday except I was standing, slightly bent over using dumbells (I have also done them as shown on an incline bench). Supersetted them with Hammer strength shrug machine.
Do you do every exercise for.traps tilted.forward?

Traps contract by pulling up and back. But i rarely see people getting anything out of the back part. And even if they try they are not pulling away from gravity so i find it doesn't amount to much. Kind of like watching people try to warm up their infraspinatus by swinging a dumbbell parallel to the ground. Not much is being activated. I have been using dual handled cable machines for a while and then stand back a little to get a line of pull that is up and back. Leaning forward, incline bench do OK for doing this. And even the hammer strength shrug if i keep my grip on the handles out in front of me and stand back as far as i can allows me to arc up and back but i don't feel it as well as other ways.

Traps contract by pulling up and back. But i rarely see people getting anything out of the back part. And even if they try they are not pulling away from gravity so i find it doesn't amount to much. Kind of like watching people try to warm up their infraspinatus by swinging a dumbbell parallel to the ground. Not much is being activated. I have been using dual handled cable machines for a while and then stand back a little to get a line of pull that is up and back. Leaning forward, incline bench do OK for doing this. And even the hammer strength shrug if i keep my grip on the handles out in front of me and stand back as far as i can allows me to arc up and back but i don't feel it as well as other ways.
I laugh at all the guy in the gym with no muscle who pick up a 5lb. or 10lb. DB for shoulder warmups. I'm literally twice the size of some of these guys and I don't even use weights when I warm mine up.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws