over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin vets and experienced users only plz

Freak1976

IFBB PRO
IFBB PROS
For those of you that have experimented with differant types of insulin pre workouts do u prefer humalog or humalin r? I usually use humalog pre but have recently read a Milke Arnold thread where he recommends just to use humalin r now to cover more time like Intra and pwo shake and than pwo meal. I mean 1 shot would be a bit less hassle but Curious if it wound be better than say a smaller shot of humalog pre and pwo. Thx in advance

I believe In the humilin r .I think the purpose is to shuttle nutrition and instead of using a 24 hour such as lantus humilin r gives you enough time to take it get a pre workout shake a during workout shake and a post workout shake plus a meal . I have done this my self a pretty good while back I liked it I hated the shakes but results where good I would not recommend using over 15 iu's unless you already know your limits . I would also be very interested in doing it with hgh since they seem to go together so well .

Never had a problem using R preworkout.
Use to have a problem about once every 2 weeks using Log postworkout.

It is NOT a good feeling when hypo starts coming on - clammy skin then cold sweats, shaking hands and feeling lightheaded sucks.

IIRC, Jordan (xJpx) recommended Humalog pre-workout in a podcast.

id go with his suggestion

I like a dose pre 15-20 mins im.

Then to advance another dose with pwo meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humilin r works perfect for me. My issue is that its sometimes hard to predict when and what i can consume in the evening. Humilin r is very predictable for me and i only have to account for 6 hrs after injection. I use mike arnolds protocal also. By the time i get done lifting and consume post workout meal, u r only talking about being spot on with carb intake for another 2-3 hrs. So if i get busy at work and miss a meal, no issues.

I would agree with the humulin r. As it would cover the workout and meal afterwards. I think many use log purely out of fear of hypo.ive had friends that even use a slower acting at the start of the day with smaller shots throughout.
I personally use novolin r before , eat then workout.
and a shot again after. Followed by another meal.

When I was my biggest and leanest, I would run lantus(up to 50ius) in the mornings and humalog(15iu) pre workout. Lin-r is ok, but having both long acting and very short acting slin active throughout the day is the best to run slin IMO.

When I was my biggest and leanest, I would run lantus(up to 50ius) in the mornings and humalog(15iu) pre workout. Lin-r is ok, but having both long acting and very short acting slin active throughout the day is the best to run slin IMO.

With the Lantus being "active" all day, did you consume fats at all ? or were they trace amounts ?

Thanks

I prefer humalog and by taking it about 15-20 minutes pre-WO the peak time would be enough to cover intra, Post-WO shake and a meal about 45 mins later.

I take humalog as i train a few hours before bed and wouldnt want to go hypo in my sleep :eek:

Not sure how you're administrating it - sub-q or IM - but the peaks are different. Sub-q is slower obviously and would be my method of choice in this case.

I would agree with the humulin r. As it would cover the workout and meal afterwards. I think many use log purely out of fear of hypo.ive had friends that even use a slower acting at the start of the day with smaller shots throughout.
I personally use novolin r before , eat then workout.
and a shot again after. Followed by another meal.

x2 and I do exactly this as well. Novolin r has always been awesome for me. I don't take anything but R insulin types so I would suggest Humulin R.

With the Lantus being "active" all day, did you consume fats at all ? or were they trace amounts ?

Thanks

Small amounts towards the end of the day.

For those of you that have experimented with differant types of insulin pre workouts do u prefer humalog or humalin r? I usually use humalog pre but have recently read a Milke Arnold thread where he recommends just to use humalin r now to cover more time like Intra and pwo shake and than pwo meal. I mean 1 shot would be a bit less hassle but Curious if it wound be better than say a smaller shot of humalog pre and pwo. Thx in advance

How are you doing it now? Seams to be working well my friend. How often do you cycle on and off?

CG

I've only used Nov R. In reality slin R won't peak till the 2-3hr mark. I take it 1hr preworkout as soon as I get home from work. Then eat 30mins later then head out to train. If I can, I would dose it even another half hour earlier, it still works very well for me this way and I feel it covers the postworkout without having to take another dose. I would actually go slightly hypo sometimes post.

Going to try log soon. I'm going to dose it immediately before I head out to the gym, I'll probably change my intra to something with more nutrients like a blended shake of oats, fruit, whey, eggs, etc. I may or may not do a dose postworkout before a meal not sure yet since I wanted to incorporate metformin or another slin sensitizer prebed. I train in the evenings.

I've only used Nov R. In reality slin R won't peak till the 2-3hr mark. I take it 1hr preworkout as soon as I get home from work. Then eat 30mins later then head out to train. If I can, I would dose it even another half hour earlier, it still works very well for me this way and I feel it covers the postworkout without having to take another dose. I would actually go slightly hypo sometimes post.

Going to try log soon. I'm going to dose it immediately before I head out to the gym, I'll probably change my intra to something with more nutrients like a blended shake of oats, fruit, whey, eggs, etc. I may or may not do a dose postworkout before a meal not sure yet since I wanted to incorporate metformin or another slin sensitizer prebed. I train in the evenings.
I disagree with you on the peak time. R peaks around an hour and holds there for the next 1.5-2 hours. You are probably noticing that you are simply running out of nutrients around 3 hour mark.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Your coach is my coach. I have asked the same thing before (I have no experience) and he said he prefers log but could make humilin work. What has he told you?

just fyi...
lantus makes you extremely insulin resistant within just A SINGLE WEEK of use. it WRECKS insulin sensitvity.
google it, there are multiple studies on that.

long acting insulin is the worst thing you could ever do to your body in the long term.

the faster the better imo.
even humalog takes 2-3 hours to achieve maximum effects on carbohydrate metabolism (glycogen repletion, glut4 relocation etc).
these are delayed effects that have nothing to do with your temporary serum insulin levels (unlike the anti catabolic effects)

EFFECTS of insulin on carb metabolism =/= peak insulin levels

if you use it pre workout the maximum effects on carb metabolism pretty much exactly peak when your post workout meal is being digested.
once you figure out the timing its pointless to run any longer acting slin than rapid imo.

Last edited:
Well for those in the US without a script unfortunately Hum/Nov-R is the only insulin that can be purchased OTC at the pharmacy.

I'd like to try Humalog, personally, but it's so much more of a pain in the ass to get ahold of.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws