over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Autoimmune/inflammation blood tests?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I constantly get sick all the time. Not the type of sick where I have a runny nose, sore throat, swollen glands, fever, etc. it's basically the test flu all the time. That full body soreness and achy feeling where you just generally feel like crap. I've noticed any time I start anything new even something small like Var or Primo I get this and it takes a long time to go away. I've also noticed the only thing that makes the feeling go away is add Ibprophen or Tylenol or any type of pain reliever so I'm thinking maybe what I have is some type of inflammation issue which is causing this feeling since pain relievers are the only thing that make it go away. I've had this for probably 10 years now off and on and I just ignored it because it's not permanent but I'm thinking maybe this is hindering my gains and could be some underlying issue. My normal blood tests always come back good but I'm thinking I need something more specific to narrow this down. Any ideas? Maybe some type of autoimmune or inflammation blood test?. Thanks

I would talk to stewie, he is on top of this type of stuff. But in the meantime get to a rheumatologist and get some bloodwork done for inflammatory markers. You have a pm!

There's several test you could ask your PCP to pull or as Busamuscle suggested, ask to be reffered to a rheumatologist.

For the basics if you was to ask, I'd suggest speaking to whom ever may pull theses lab's for you. I'd suggest the following.

Basic Food Sensitivity and Allergy (IgG) Panel.

Ceruloplasmin along with urinary copper. Helps identity copper status.

Homocysteine. Non specific, yet helps give indication there's inflammation present.

Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR). Again this is a nonspecific indicator of inflammation. Helps with indication if there's inflammation present.

Lyme Disease Antibodies, Total & IgM Responses, there's other Lyme disease test. Your PCP may choose a different assay.

Antinuclear Antibody (ANA) with Reflex. Not necessarily one of the first assays I'd suggest. Helps narrow down certain dieased states and specific inflammatory markers.

Hopefully you find resolution, sooner than later.

Thanks guys. I'll set up an appt with a ruematologist and keep you posted.

Just a small update. Waiting to get in with a rheumatologist but I got a few bloods done online. I was mainly thinking my issue was due to inflammation so I ordered a Homocysteine test. Looks like im not inflamed. Here is what I got done besides basic metabolic panel,etc...

Homocysteine 9.3 range 0-15

Fibrinogen Activity 308 range 193-507

C-Reactive Protein 1.14 range 0-3

Vitamin D 83 range 30-100 (I take 10,000iu daily)

PSA 0.5 range 0-4

Hemoglobin A1c 5.5 range 4.8-5.6

Hey brother, I don't know much about inflammation but I would suffer similar issues before where I would generally feel like complete shit. Achy, tired, sick feeling, etc. It all went away after I got my sleep apnea under control. It's no coincidence in my opinion, I believe gear furthers sleep apnea. It would get worse on heavier cycles, especially when using harsh compounds such as tren.

Not sure about your situation, but something to keep in mind if sleep apnea is an issue for you.

Hey brother, I don't know much about inflammation but I would suffer similar issues before where I would generally feel like complete shit. Achy, tired, sick feeling, etc. It all went away after I got my sleep apnea under control. It's no coincidence in my opinion, I believe gear furthers sleep apnea. It would get worse on heavier cycles, especially when using harsh compounds such as tren.

Not sure about your situation, but something to keep in mind if sleep apnea is an issue for you.

actually...
one potential interesting correlation here is sleep depravation and glutathione levels...

people with sleep apnea have severely depleted glutathione levels!

nac converts to glutathione in the body. nac is cheap and readily available.

I believe nac has the ability to increase glut by about 30%.

glut is your bodies main detox system...

I used to get sick and feel shitty all the time.
doesn't happen any more.

I think its not the best idea to randomly take stuff n hope it works. best to figure out what your issue is n go form there.:lightbulb:

Yes I got a cpap years ago and it helped a ton. I can't imagine life without it now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear