over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those who give blood?

kid1dakota

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you do the whole blood donation every 2 months or the double red blood cells every 4 months? And what have you experienced in your hematocrit numbers? Thanks for your input/experience.

I do whole blood every 2 months.Usually drops my numbers a couple points.Now it's stuck around 48,after a year donating.As long as I'm under 50 pretty happy.

I used to have monthly therapeutic phlebotomies, pre-diagnosed and treated for sleep apnea. My hemoglobin wouldn't drop below 19-20g/dL by the time for my next phelbotomy. That was on 50mg TC twice a week.

After consistent use of my CPAP I may dump twice a year, even then it's right around 16.4g/dL on a finger prick. Which is usually off by <0.5+/-

Most will say that you'll lower your HH by around 3 points after a phelbotomy. In my opinion, that's not going to happen straight across the board with everyone.

Very relative to the individuals natural EPO stimuli and or artificial stimuli (AAS). As well if one has nocturnal hypoxemia episodes.

Edit: I only did singles. Not a fan of double RBC, unless you know your iron status.

Last edited:
I do double red. ...didn't check my points afterwards but I felt better

i try to go once every season.... usually drops mine a few points and i have never done a double red..... im pretty sure that would wipe me out for days!!!!

I do a whole blood donation very two months. First donation dropped my hct from 53 to 46.

i try to go once every season.... usually drops mine a few points and i have never done a double red..... im pretty sure that would wipe me out for days!!!!

you actually feel better then normal donation because they give you your plasma back and some fluids. I normally go to the gym same day after double red and feel fine.

Last time i donated in december I was at 52 hct pre and about 46 post double red. 1 month later I was up to 47.5 and did a normal single- dont have a post on that one.

I donate more frequently then the normal waiting periods depending on external factors.

I can mirror what Stewie said. Now that I am one with my APAP I don't have to give even half as much and I stay around 15.5 hemoglobin and 49 hemocrit and those are morning slightly dehydrated #'s. I have been as high as 21 & 60. Do not underestimate the effects of sleep apnea.

Whole blood every 8-10 weeks. Stay in the upper 40s now.

I've always done whole blood.

Whole blood every 3 month, my hct stay around 46-47.

Before giving blood it was up to 52.

I went to do whole blood yesterday to be in and out but they were giving away tickets to a local family event if you gave power red, so that`s what I did. I usually do power red, gets rid of the most RBC`s

I gave blood last night. HCT was 51 from their finger reading (which is usually slightly overstated). Had an intense workout this morning and was fine.

I get free movie tickets the more I donate :D

I gave blood last night. HCT was 51 from their finger reading (which is usually slightly overstated). Had an intense workout this morning and was fine.

I get free movie tickets the more I donate :D

I'd keep an eye on your now very low ferritin. With each 500ml of blood loss, we'll loose around 250mg of iron and our ferritin will lower around 30-50ng/mL. If I remember correctly, yours was in the mid- 30ng/mL?

Personally, I'd be concerned with being iron deficient. Even without anemia.

I normally donate whole blood 4-5 times per year

I'd keep an eye on your now very low ferritin. With each 500ml of blood loss, we'll loose around 250mg of iron and our ferritin will lower around 30-50ng/mL. If I remember correctly, yours was in the mid- 30ng/mL?

Personally, I'd be concerned with being iron deficient. Even without anemia.

Yea, it had been almost three weeks since I had HCT + ferritin tested that time when I harassed you with questions lol, so I went to the blood donation place last night to make sure my HCT hasn't risen too much more and was prepared to run out of the room again if the reading wasn't too high. Well it came back at 51. Hoping my ferritin had a little time to increase in that time span (with the liver tabs and iron I've been eating), I just decided to stay and dump a pint. So far, I feel no different than I did before donating, so that's good. Hopefully I won't have to donate again for a while. I know I have to be very conscious of the fact my ferritin may be on the low side.

Edit: I want to add my resting hr is the same post donation as it was pre donation. I know increased hr is a sign of low iron so that's a good sign.

Last edited:
I just donated blood today!!! Bastards didn't give me anything free!!! Lol but I always donate at least 3 times a year... More if I'm taking eq and my number always have been perfect

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner