over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those who do DC training

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I been doing DC training since beginning of January. I do a 4 day split, training every body part once a week. Normally I will do 2 RP sets per body part and one high rep set.3 different exercises. Do you guys take a break from DC training and just do high reps for a few weeks from time to time? I know it is my age, but it takes a toll after a couple months. However, gains are good when doing DC training.

I do take breaks from it. Honestly it's hard to stick to it I do like high volume stuff to break from Dc. I did prob a month of dc then moved into a PPLA
4 day split where I'm doing more volume but using high intensity techniques like rest pause and dropsets

I do take breaks from it. Honestly it's hard to stick to it I do like high volume stuff to break from Dc. I did prob a month of dc then moved into a PPLA
4 day split where I'm doing more volume but using high intensity techniques like rest pause and dropsets
Exactly what I do. I'm normally good for a 6 week blast on the 2 way split as I approach 40 years old. I'll then do 4-12 weeks of a mountain dog program. Then it's right back to DC or Jordan peters for another 6 week blast of pushing strength up again. If I could still do it, I would do DC/JP all year, but I get too worn down. If I'm not beating the log book, then the training wasn't productive to me. Even though I make great gains during my couple months of meadows programs, I just don't enjoy it as much.

Exactly what I do. I'm normally good for a 6 week blast on the 2 way split as I approach 40 years old. I'll then do 4-12 weeks of a mountain dog program. Then it's right back to DC or Jordan peters for another 6 week blast of pushing strength up again. If I could still do it, I would do DC/JP all year, but I get too worn down. If I'm not beating the log book, then the training wasn't productive to me. Even though I make great gains during my couple months of meadows programs, I just don't enjoy it as much.

This^ rotate DC training with gamma bomb. Gamma bomb is escalated volume week to week for stress progression.

Stay away from project colossus or high evolutionary. Those are his higher intensity/lower volume.

You might like project Colossus just as a stand alone….its intensity gets up there with DC training at times.

God damn triple drop sets on leg press, partials and holds on leg curl sets…it’s fun.

I been doing DC training since beginning of January. I do a 4 day split, training every body part once a week. Normally I will do 2 RP sets per body part and one high rep set.3 different exercises. Do you guys take a break from DC training and just do high reps for a few weeks from time to time? I know it is my age, but it takes a toll after a couple months. However, gains are good when doing DC training.
I absolutely have to take a break from it now the older I get.

I do 2 workouts basically 1/2 the body parts are one workout and the other half the other workout. I do workout “A” on Monday and workout “B” on Wednesday then “A” again on Friday but then start with “B” the next Monday so that the muscles get hit every 5 days. Sometimes I’ll ramp it up and do “A” Monday and “B” Tuesday then repeat that on Thursday and Friday.

I pretty much follow what I read off Dante’s site so one working rest pause set to failure with tracking each one and either add weight or strive for more reps the next workout. Definitely more taxing then I thought it would be when I was researching it.

I usually go about 2 months then go back to a higher volume type bro split.
I’m not sure why the DC style feels so much more taxing then the bro split because I track it to and aim for progression as well.

I take a break from it though not because it stops working or anything is wrong. Just for variety and fun sake.

You don't need to change a program to increase reps. Dante (and JP) have repeatedly talked about getting strong in all ranges. Dante advocates 20+rp sets for older guys (like myself...41). If you think about it that could be a 15/5/3... 23rp or up to 22/6/4... 32rp. Still hypertrophy and and plenty of room to progress and bring the reps down some. Let's me do exercises like dips or floor Skullcrusher, squats, dead's, etc with zero joint pain.

Though 2 RP sets plus a widowmaker per exercise isn't really DC. That's a lot more volume and really pushing more into JM/Cris Edmunds style of training. Which I tend to only use an RP or drop set per exercise and more partials that they both love.

Right now I'm doing RP sets for all the prescribed parts and straight sets for back thickness and quads like Dante recommends. I have added a single straight set widowmaker that stays the same per Dante also.

Recovery is great. Strength is flying. Zero pain. I'll swap out an exercise on a day instead of waiting long for a piece. Or when it stalls multiple sessions in a row. Gamma Bomb was very good and fun. I'll do something like that again in the future just to mix it up.

The mental pressure of needing to beat a log book is both a blessing and a curse but I find worth it.

Yep, thats totally the way to go.
I know LOTS of guys who had great success switching back and forth between DC and Mountaindog programs. Just like juggy said.
6 weeks here, 6-8 weeks there and repeat. My joints get a lil more beat up on DC (the older i get) and just for variety's sake i love JM programs. Keeps things interesting in the gym.

I'll do 6 -10 weeks DC 2 way. 6 weeks mix of MD and Fortitude. Than the 3 way but a high rep set for every body part afterfor 6-10weeks. Than 6 weeks of something else maybe heavy than bsck off sets. Rince repeat. I make the most progress with DC but like other said it's taxing.

6 to 8 weeks is all I can endure body wise. I am thinking about a 4 day split of high reps in 15 range for at least 1 month. Hard to stop when I program works.

Yeah I don't do it at the moment but have done in the past as a natural. I'd definitely deload or have light weeks or growth weeks whatever you want to call them.

Sometimes I'd just stay at home other times I'd pick a lighter weight and go to failure with no rest pause. Just bearing in mind the goal is to feel ready to go again.

You can always push yourself through one more session, we all can but you want to be really gagging to fuckin go. Until you feel like that I'd back off.

That might be a week, might be two weeks it is what it is.

I take a break from it though not because it stops working or anything is wrong. Just for variety and fun sake.

You don't need to change a program to increase reps. Dante (and JP) have repeatedly talked about getting strong in all ranges. Dante advocates 20+rp sets for older guys (like myself...41). If you think about it that could be a 15/5/3... 23rp or up to 22/6/4... 32rp. Still hypertrophy and and plenty of room to progress and bring the reps down some. Let's me do exercises like dips or floor Skullcrusher, squats, dead's, etc with zero joint pain.

Though 2 RP sets plus a widowmaker per exercise isn't really DC. That's a lot more volume and really pushing more into JM/Cris Edmunds style of training. Which I tend to only use an RP or drop set per exercise and more partials that they both love.

Right now I'm doing RP sets for all the prescribed parts and straight sets for back thickness and quads like Dante recommends. I have added a single straight set widowmaker that stays the same per Dante also.

Recovery is great. Strength is flying. Zero pain. I'll swap out an exercise on a day instead of waiting long for a piece. Or when it stalls multiple sessions in a row. Gamma Bomb was very good and fun. I'll do something like that again in the future just to mix it up.

The mental pressure of needing to beat a log book is both a blessing and a curse but I find worth it.
I recently went back to DC. DC helped me when I was younger really add some thick slabs of muscle. The only problem I have now is waiting for equipment. When you do switch exercises after waiting do you just log down Machine available

Do you go back to the original exercise the next time around after waiting too long for equipment? I'm having the same issue sometimes a machine is being used I need and don't want to wait.

when i train rp its one rp set followed by one high rep set per body part.
except for back thickness like rack dls or for quads ( squats )there i will just do 2 straight sets higher rep 20-50, stif leg dls and good morning will be straight sets too. leg curls can be rp. lower are 10-20 i used to use lower rep ranges but after many injuries and issues now its all higher rep generally not lower then 12-15 for the first part of rp followed by another 8-10 and 5ish ish then static hold.

for chest ill warm up with some sort of flys 20-30 reps then do some sort of bench. chest would be just fly and bench followed by shoulders. press and lat raises. thats it. back is a warm up of very light db rows both arms at same time then pull downs rp and rack dl or some form of row. cables rows ill rp sometimes ill rp smith rows sometimes 2 straight sets, dls or rack dls are straight sets.
bis rp 20-30 if starting after that prob topping out at 20 rp. brachials 30 ish straight.

1/2 hr walking followed by full rom movements with a broomstick or non weighted bar to start.
weighted ( extreme ) stretching at the end followed by half hr walk.

done until progression stops which is usually not more then 6-8 weeks. recover doing light straight sets for 2-3 weeks or until im ready to go hard again.

Honestly, even if your body "Feels" gtg, I would do a 4 week off lighter training bro split for every 8ish weeks of DC training. I love DC. I got stronger than ever. The issue I get, and it creeps up, I never notice it until it becomes a legit problem, is tendonitis. Ive had it in my knees, bicep, shoulders, the usual offenders. It takes months for it to resolve.

Granted, I go way overboard and do DC for months at a time but I feel great doing it and theres never an obvious issue...until theres an obvious issue.

you can bounce over to Fortitude Training, if you want to give the body a break from DC

no matter what you choose, have a high quality joint supplement routine in place

What is the cause of the joint issues for you guys with on DC? Heavy weight/low reps? Or going to failure?

The doubles, triples and fives constantly in powerlifting are what got me achy.

DC I keep the reps higher and we don't have problems physically. But the constant failure and beyond will smash my CNS in the 8 to 10 week range. I try to be proactive and take an extra day off but I feel it just starting to avoid the total burn out to weeks cruise/deload.

I've never done a JM program. I'm going to look into gamma bomb I hear a lot about it.

I trained in a style similar to DC or maybe more top and back offset for basically my whole life and I had permanent problems with tendonitis in my knees and elbows - when I switched to high volume this problem disappeared completely

Do you still get to failure when high volume, or 1-3 RIR?

Do you still get to failure when high volume, or 1-3 RIR?
depends on the exercise - obviously for example in leg press or hack sq you can never fail 100% because it's extremely dangerous but with side leterals arm exercises etc. I'm going to fail.

although I personally believe that 99% of people even those who train extremely hard do not train to absolute failure if they train alone without a training partner because only someone else will be able to push you to 100% - it would be best if they were stronger than you then the motivation is greater

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear