advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Forcing myself to get in that post workout meal...

jtcraig3

Registered
Between my pre-workout and lifting high intensity to the point of wanting to puke, sometimes it's next to impossible to choke down my post workout meal. Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on what I can do to make it a little less of a beating???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whey Isolate shake immediately post training. 45 mins - 1 hour later eat your post workout meal.

I train an hour to an hour and a half after a meal then wait about 30 minutes after I train to eat because I usually feel like puking after my workouts.

Whey Isolate shake immediately post training. 45 mins - 1 hour later eat your post workout meal.

I train an hour to an hour and a half after a meal then wait about 30 minutes after I train to eat because I usually feel like puking after my workouts.

Thanks bro

Yeah man sometimes I train too hard I've been doing some circuit training past 2 weeks a combo of lifting and crossfit shit..
And my gym here in FL has an outside gym section and I've been out there when it's 90-100 degrees .. Sometimes if I go to hard I won't eat for few hours but if I don't go to hard I can eat like a champ

your eating this meal too quickly after training....

your CNS is too taxed....sometimes takes me 2 hours
to actually eat a meal after leg training....

have some bcaas and beer.....youll get hungry
when the body is ready for it.

:cool:

This is what I do. Have a shake right when I'm done, and eat shortly after that when I get hungry again.

If you're gonna have a whey shake make it hydrolyzed or better yet take a handful of amino acid tabs like Beverly Mass aminos which are hydrolyzed down to 50% or DiPasquale's Amino v.IV hydro down to the optimum 87%, much more than any powder will ever be.

Take them immediately after training then eat when you're hungry. Aminos will kill your appetite even more along with the heavy training but when you do get hungry an hour or so later, watch out!

If I'm really struggling, I'll just take a giant spoonful of Synthepure directly into my mouth and then sip a little water to swallow it down.

If you're gonna have a whey shake make it hydrolyzed or better yet take a handful of amino acid tabs like Beverly Mass aminos which are hydrolyzed down to 50% or DiPasquale's Amino v.IV hydro down to the optimum 87%, much more than any powder will ever be.

Take them immediately after training then eat when you're hungry. Aminos will kill your appetite even more along with the heavy training but when you do get hungry an hour or so later, watch out!

Do you have a link to DiPasquale's aminos? I can't find anything on google.

Between my pre-workout and lifting high intensity to the point of wanting to puke, sometimes it's next to impossible to choke down my post workout meal. Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on what I can do to make it a little less of a beating???

How long after lifting are you waiting before trying to consume your post meal?

Are you taking in an intra shake?

i am curious, what is your estimated bodyfat percent?
just curious may have nothing to do with it, but i know when i am 9% or leaner and training hard i am ready for food soon as i can get it.
-F2S

i am curious, what is your estimated bodyfat percent?
just curious may have nothing to do with it, but i know when i am 9% or leaner and training hard i am ready for food soon as i can get it.
-F2S

We are different then bc I'm pretty close right now to contest lean and sometimes it takes me an hour after my workout to get hungry. I do sip on on 25g bcaa Intra that is diluted in about 32oz of fluid so I'm sure that may contribute. Leg days it could be 2 hours later. I just wait until I'm hungry to eat.

We are different then bc I'm pretty close right now to contest lean and sometimes it takes me an hour after my workout to get hungry. I do sip on on 25g bcaa Intra that is diluted in about 32oz of fluid so I'm sure that may contribute. Leg days it could be 2 hours later. I just wait until I'm hungry to eat.

:yeahthat:

I'm 5 weeks out and for me I think the overtraining, oral use and my body just sweating out tons and tons of water my appetite is shit right after workout. Where as off season sometimes I have to leave the gym because I'm so damn hungry.

My hunger will usually kick hard about 30 minutes after my workout right now right after the nasaue subsides

So what I've been doing generally is this:
Wake Up - 10 g of Leucine (to spike my insulin levels like Elvia suggested)
10 mins later - 4 ml of Synthetine and 4 ml of Syntheselen
Right after that - Pre workout drink and Nitric Oxide
30 mins later - Lift while sipping 50g of HumaPro and 25g of Glycofuse intra
Post workout - 50g of HumaPro and 25g of Glycofuse
*Then I eat as soon as possible afterwards. Ideally it would be about an hour later, but sometimes I can't get an appetite for 2 hours.

Please critique

Tenny - what is CNS?
Also, I've always been told you have to get those macros in to feed those muscles post workout. Taking you 2 hrs to eat afterwards doesn't take away from the gains you're trying to make in the gym?
I'm not being an asshole, I'm genuinely interested because if my line of thinking is wrong, then I'm relieved bc I'm constantly worried about that.

Do you have a link to DiPasquale's aminos? I can't find anything on google.

Hey Warlock

they're right here:

**broken link removed**

They're hella expensive though, $77 plus $10-$15 shipping for 180 tabs vs. Beverly's $35-$40 for 500 tabs. mauro claims he only marks-up 400% which is small compared to the industry norm.

I experimented using Amino v.4 for a couple months and then I switched to Beverly Mass aminos for a couple months. The only variable was I used 25 tabs of the Beverly and only 12 tabs of V.4, which is what he recommends for under 225 Lbs.

The gains I made from the first two months didn't slow down when I switched to Beverly which let to the obvious conclusion. I originally got hooked on the V.4 when BB.com had them cheap back in 2009 but they haven't carried them since.

I keep cardio at least 3 times per week. Not only does this allow me to eat more food and direct this food more towards muscle and energy rather than fat. :p:p

If you are getting a shake in immediately after your workout, then having your meal 1-2 hours later is JUST FINE! This is actually my exact practice. Not only because I need to get some protein in immediately post workout, but also because if I don't then I am struggling to hit my macros by the end of the day.

Hey Warlock

they're right here:

**broken link removed**

They're hella expensive though, $77 plus $10-$15 shipping for 180 tabs vs. Beverly's $35-$40 for 500 tabs. mauro claims he only marks-up 400% which is small compared to the industry norm.

I experimented using Amino v.4 for a couple months and then I switched to Beverly Mass aminos for a couple months. The only variable was I used 25 tabs of the Beverly and only 12 tabs of V.4, which is what he recommends for under 225 Lbs.

The gains I made from the first two months didn't slow down when I switched to Beverly which let to the obvious conclusion. I originally got hooked on the V.4 when BB.com had them cheap back in 2009 but they haven't carried them since.

Thanks for the link and info. The product looks solid though expensive like you said. It seems that the Beverly aminos would do the job even if one has to take higher dosages.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws