over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's talk high blood pressure

palifter21

Registered
I'm sure this topic gets brought up a ton, but it's a very important one in our community and I think it'd be benedifical to revisit it.

I'm currently on Losartan to treat mild hypertension. I've always been slightly hypertensive; it runs in my family. I'd like to take OTC supplements and be able to discontinue the drug.

So the question is, what have you guys found to actually lower your numbers? If possible, please post links as to where you bought the product.

Thank you,

PA

I'm sure this topic gets brought up a ton, but it's a very important one in our community and I think it'd be benedifical to revisit it.

I'm currently on Losartan to treat mild hypertension. I've always been slightly hypertensive; it runs in my family. I'd like to take OTC supplements and be able to discontinue the drug.

So the question is, what have you guys found to actually lower your numbers? If possible, please post links as to where you bought the product.

Thank you,

PA

I use
Telmisartan (alldaychemist)
Garlic extract (I get Kyolic from amazon)

and if I had hypertension, I'd also use carditone

I also use citrulline malate, which I think lowers bp but can't remember what I read.

Last edited:
I use

I also use citrulline malate, which I think lowers bp but can't remember what I read.

Helps restore endothelial function, as well helps reduce oxidation of LDL. Which both can be precursors to atherosclerotic plaques. It also helps aid in the reduction of circulating ammonia by increasing ammonia recycling.

Yeah, it reduces BP too.

As I recall, the bottom number in bp readings is really the one to focus on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I use

Telmisartan is in the same class of drug as Losartan so I'd like to avoid that.

I am not sure how to bring it under permanent control.I just know bad habits will aggravate the condition,such as smoking and drinking.Doing more exercise,quit smoking and drinking.

I am not sure how to bring it under permanent control.I just know bad habits will aggravate the condition,such as smoking and drinking.Doing more exercise,quit smoking and drinking.

^^^^^ no shit...:banghead:

High BP also runs in my family.

When I was still trying to get big, I would get frequent nose bleeds. Like when I would lean over to tie my shoes.
I went in and had it checked one day and it was 160/110. The doctor told me I should get more exercise, maybe take my girlfriend dancing! I was 283 with abs you could see and was walking on the treadmill in the mornings and lifting at night. Lack of exercise was NOT my problem! (I kept thinking..are you blind?)
He wanted to put me on Lisinopril.
Believe it or not, I don't want to be on a bunch of drugs, so I asked him what would happen if I lost weight. His response was, "I guess you could try that." So that is what I did. My current blood pressure is 119/76 with no blood pressure meds.

Last edited:
beetroot capsules have worked wonders for me and my GF, she came off meds last year with 3 pill twice a day, its an excellent source of Nitric oxide

well worth a try or as an addition to your program

Thank you,

PA

**broken link removed**

Thank you,

PA

It's genetic in my family across the board. I hate to say it but my bp
is only normal when I weigh 200Lbs or less. I weigh 234Lbs now and it's 160/100. It sucks but you can choose normal bp an looking like a fit guy, or high bp and look like a bodybuilder. I'm on .2mcg clonidine hcl twice a day.

Oh yes I totally forgot about beetroot. That's great for reducing bp. The fruit or the juice

When I was still trying to get big, I would get frequent nose bleeds. Like when I would lean over to tie my shoes.
I went in and had it checked one day and it was 160/110. The doctor told me I should get more exercise, maybe take my girlfriend dancing! I was 283 with abs you could see and was walking on the treadmill in the mornings and lifting at night. Lack of exercise wcadiacas NOT my problem! (I kept thinking..are you blind?)
Believe it or not, I don't want to be on a bunch of drugs, so I asked him what would happen if I lost weight. His response was, "I guess you could try that." So that is what I did. My current blood pressure is 119/76 with no blood pressure meds.

Had a bad back for years. Then 6 weeks ago legs started going numb and everything in the middle. Bad sign when that happens. Finally saw my ortho surgeon. He had MRI's done and I was told he had to operate ASAP. Needed a cardiac clearance first. New blood pressure fluctuates up and down. At the cardiologist mind was high 180 /110. At one time I was 287lbs but dropped to about 275. At this time 257lbs. Now worst part. After an Echo they found I have an enlarged weak heart pumping at only 35 to 40 % and thickening of heart tissue. He called it a bodybuilders heart.
Put me on Lisinopril too and Carvendilol, a bata blocker. Now rate is around 145/78 to 83. After operation and blood pressure calms down I would also like to get off the meds and look into diet and natural remedies. ALL THIS CAUSED BY YEARS OF HEAVY LIFTING AND NOT ADDRESSING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ISSUES SOONER. I'm 59.

beetroot capsules have worked wonders for me and my GF, she came off meds last year with 3 pill twice a day, its an excellent source of Nitric oxide

well worth a try or as an addition to your program

Beets are great for so many things. I use it in powder form every day.

What brand in capsules do you take?

I went in and had it checked one day and it was 160/110. The doctor told me I should get more exercise, maybe take my girlfriend dancing! I was 283 with abs you could see and was walking on the treadmill in the mornings and lifting at night. Lack of exercise was NOT my problem! (I kept thinking..are you blind?)

Take your girlfriend for dancing lol

JT you should have ripped your shirt off mate and pulled a most muscular shot IN HIS FACE !

#HulkOnBulk

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Get this...

Take your girlfriend for dancing lol

JT you should have ripped your shirt off mate and pulled a most muscular shot IN HIS FACE !

#HulkOnBulk

His name was...Dr. Cure. I kid you not! He was a big, fat guy, with pasty white skin and greasy hair. When I went home and told my parents his advice, they just couldn't believe it.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner