over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Update: God Bless dogs...

knucklehed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Many of us here realize that dogs set the bar. As a general rule, dogs are better at being human than most people. The Knucklehed family is a dog family. We love our dog just like we love each other.

The long and short… We spent about $1500 on evaluation and life support initially. We got a quote of roughly $5500 for surgical procedures and care. We really can’t afford this. Initially determined that we’d bring her home provide the best care we can in a loving environment and pray for the best out come.
My son and I attempted to bring her home last evening, but we folded under the pressure. I was badly bitten (not her fault) in the process of moving her to the car. She was on a huge dose of morphine but still in incredible agony. So we opted to leave her for another 24 hours, provide the family an opportunity to say good bye and euthanize her today. We all took the day off from school and work and made it a day of good-byes and mourning.
This morning my 8yo Jonah wakes us up. He says to us in tears that he wants to go to school. He is absolutely devastated by this situation and I think that going back to school is his defense. Jonah’s heart ultimately tipped the scale.
And against our better judgment we are extending ourselves financially in a big way and having the surgery.
God bless dogs….

Attachments

• IMG_3828.JPG
    IMG_3828.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:
I lost a pup a couple years ago and honestly in my life I never felt anything worse than losing her so I could imagine what your son was feeling and what you must've felt to see your son feeling it. In our lifetimes we'll waste more money on stupid things that we'll never think twice about it, this will be one expenditure as much as it hurts right now I'm sure you'll never regret making and your son will never forget you making.

I wish you all the best and hope your dog recovers well.

Last edited:
I love dogs also.. I have had my dog longer then any girlfriend or friend and she is a true blessing to my live..13 years

KH- I really, really hope the surgery works for your pooch. I've been there, having a dog that I think ate rat poisen, and it cost about $11,000 over 4 weeks and she still died. It f-ed me up financially (of course emotionally) as my credit card was maxed and had to pay cash. Would I pay it again?- I cannot imagine NOT giving hope that the treatment would work. But this vet did "milk" me for all I could pay...

I think you have a good chance with the surgury- my poor girl's organs were just cooked.

Please keep us posted on the recovery.

Last edited:
dogs are a part of the family.. no doubt.. we had to put down our 8 year old boxer last year.. very tough.. she was "human like" it was scary.. we put as much money into it as we coulod and it still was a bad outcome.. but no regrets..

we stil have our pit.. she is my baby.. i would do the same as you.. if i thought she had a chance i would spend the cash.. i hope all things work out.. ;)

Good decision-worth every penny.money can be earnt again but theres only one of your dog. Your a stand up guy for doing this lets hope for a full recovery

THIS is something I would not mind donating too. Dont have a lot but it may add up ..

My Thoughts and prayers to you and Family. My Kids and I have many Great Memories of Lost Canine members of our Family... Being Raised on a farm. We often made the time for a special Ceremony for the Lost loved ones and had a special place to bury them... Maybe Morbid to some.. But it built the spirit of Love/ respecting and appreciating the wonderful times that were shared and those things dear to you. To this Day I still get a Big Smile when i think of the Hot Southern Cajun Days hunting and fishing with my Best friend.. Those memories are forever

Tough Call but you and Your Family will cherish this forever.. Keep us posted on how things go.

JR

Thank you all so much for you kind thoughts and prayers. I have received a couple PM from members offering to contribute. That is amazing. I love my Promuscle family and I am greatful to have you here when I need somewhere to turn...

I carry two dog tags all the time. Fist my Chow Chow Jazz. She lived 15 years and was spiritually advanced, not a dog at all. She was the kindest most loving animal I have every experienced. The second was MoJo. My Brindle Akita. He was a dopy awkward 150lbs of love, kind of like Jethro...LOL
Anyway, I am not ready to carry another dog tag.. Not yet
Peace...

Sitting here waiting for news from Vet. I ran across a pic of my Chow... She's been in heaven for 5 years but really she is with me... Here she is...

Attachments

• jazz.jpg
    jazz.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 656
We are so sorry to hear about your dog...she is part of the family and you guys made a good decision to go ahead w/ the surgery. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. By the way, the photo of her is adorable...looks like she has a bit of attitude in that pic... like "yup I know i'm cute" :)

Will be waiting for updates -

I am in for $20. It's not much but i have a feeling there are plenty of people willing to donate. I would spend $20 on a trip to Chipotle with me and the wife. I have no problem trying to help out a family saving their dog.

If you'll go to ChipIn and set something up there I have a feeling a lot of people would be willing to help out.

i'd do the exact same thing for my pups. I have a dog nearing the end of his life, and id spend thousands (that i dont have) to make sure he didn't spend a moment suffering.

I believe in karma, and I believe what you're doing will come back to you in. You're truly being selfless and helping an animal that many, many people would have simply abandoned.

I dont know if youre a christian, a buddhist or whatever - but you are a truly a good member of this society/planet and my thoughts and best wishes go out to all of those in your family.

I am in for $20. It's not much but i have a feeling there are plenty of people willing to donate. I would spend $20 on a trip to Chipotle with me and the wife. I have no problem trying to help out a family saving their dog.

If you'll go to ChipIn and set something up there I have a feeling a lot of people would be willing to help out.

Hey Fade, Thanks so much for the Chipin tip. I got frustrated trying to find an aailable widget name, but the account name is Allie Jo.... Anyway if anyone would like to contribute to Allie Jo's fund, PM me and I will provide my wife's Paypall account. She is in surgery now. We are optimistic as it is in God's hands now.

Allie Jo's Fund

KH- I appreciate you trusting me to contribute via PayPal to the fund- I know it's kinda "exposing your indentity" and I appreciate you trusting me. We've been here about the same amout of time- crazy, eh? PM is special.

I am just praying for "Allie Jo" (and I am not a Christian, but whatever will help a poor hurt dog, I am there).

I read Professional Muscle so many times a day, and for so many reasons- lately it's been my love for dogs that gets me fired-up, and that's good too.

You "real" PM guys will always have my support.

Eric

Last edited:
KH- I appreciate you trusting me to contribute via PayPal to the fund- I know it's kinda "exposing your indentity" and I appreciate you trusting me. We've been here about the same amout of time- crazy, eh? PM is special.

I am just praying for "Allie Jo" (and I am not a Christian, but whatever will help a poor hurt dog, I am there).

I read Professional Muscle so many times a day, and for so many reasons- lately it's been my love for dogs that gets me fired-up, and that's good too.

You "real" PM guys will always have my support.

Eric

Thank you Eric, I talked to the doc, Allie's spine was a bit worse than we'd hoped. but he thinks that he put everytniting back where it should be. Xray reports are coming in the next few hours. You're really a hero my friend, and the knucklehed family will always be here for you.
One love :D
kh

Hey Knuck.......sending you a PM now.

Hope it all works out for your family.

Thanks for the update KH- I'm sorryto hear about Allie's spine- we can only hope for the best. Do you have any idea when she might be able to come home?

How are your kids doing now? Are they going to go see her at hospital today?

Many of us here realize that dogs set the bar. As a general rule, dogs are better at being human than most people. The Knucklehed family is a dog family. We love our dog just like we love each other.

The long and short… We spent about $1500 on evaluation and life support initially. We got a quote of roughly $5500 for surgical procedures and care. We really can’t afford this. Initially determined that we’d bring her home provide the best care we can in a loving environment and pray for the best out come.
My son and I attempted to bring her home last evening, but we folded under the pressure. I was badly bitten (not her fault) in the process of moving her to the car. She was on a huge dose of morphine but still in incredible agony. So we opted to leave her for another 24 hours, provide the family an opportunity to say good bye and euthanize her today. We all took the day off from school and work and made it a day of good-byes and mourning.
This morning my 8yo Jonah wakes us up. He says to us in tears that he wants to go to school. He is absolutely devastated by this situation and I think that going back to school is his defense. Jonah’s heart ultimately tipped the scale.
And against our better judgment we are extending ourselves financially in a big way and having the surgery.
God bless dogs….
Ah that is total dedication from you. But exactly why I say No everytime my 7y old boy asks for a Dog, because I couldn't back myself up financially if that situation arose. And couldn't take the heart ache of both Dog and child suffering :-( But I know this is a big ask of people on the forum... But my suggestion and dream for you and your family would be for everyone on this forum to donate even £10 or equivalent of in dollar? Which doesn't sound alot but it all adds up? Especially with there being 1000s of members. Just an idea :) x

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws