advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I want to eat better, any recomended guides?

Hmmm

Registered
I debated on putting this here or the recipe forum. The gist of it is Ive always relied on my metabolism to pretty much eat what I want, or at least eat a bad meal or 2 a day. Id like to clean it up so I can grow but I cant cook very well, and while my fiance will cook a decent amount I cant expect too much from her.

I was wondering if there are any simple guides or books that you have used to help me in this manner. Things from simple meals that can be slapped together to things that are a little more complex. I have no problem in eating the same thing once or twice a day for a week straight.

I was hoping this book might have an explanation as to what items are best, and why. I know I could just go to a book store or amazon, but I thought maybe someone had read or seen one that they thought was awesome.

Im in fairly decent shape, but id like to be in awesome shape for my wedding next year.

A typical work day for me might be

530 AM 2 bowls of cereal, 1 scoop of protein in skim milk
9 am- Cup of lowfat greek yogurt few oz of cherries or grapes
noon- Lean turkey chilli with vegetables and a mango
230 pm- Apricot, prework out energy drink
5 pm- Grilled chicken on lettuce with avocado, lime juice and balsamic vingar
9 pm-1 scoop protein in skim milk

PRoblem is I cheat..alot. My friend calls me the skinniest fat person he knows. I just really enjoy food, not just the taste but the social aspect. My body seems to have a set point and If i stopped working out all together (which I have at various times..last year 4 month vacation in Europe eating everything I want) I wont go above 195. I could diet alot and only get down to 185.

So my thing is, I want to eat to grow, give my body everything it needs, but doing it cleaner. I need a change, and this is a aspect I have always neglected, which I shouldnt have because I know how important it is

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343529123.045772.jpg

This is a self shot to give a idea where I stand. I used a iPhone app and tapatalk to upload it. I'm not in terrible shape especially for how poorly I eat. If I changed this aspect I think I could make great improvements

Also, I'm 5"11 190 here

Well i was going to make a suggestion before you posted your pic. But truthful you look pretty good and what you are eating seems to be ok. Keep doing what you are doing.:headbang:

Well i was going to make a suggestion before you posted your pic. But truthful you look pretty good and what you are eating seems to be ok. Keep doing what you are doing.:headbang:

Thank you. If i could be 195 while being leaner I would be happy. Ive gotten up to 215 with some extra help, but I didnt like the look it gave me and the way my clothes fit ( already have a hell of a time finding clothes). This photo is with pretty much nothing taken.

Holy shit if only I had your genes :) I have to do an hour and a half of cardio a day for at least two months to get that lean lol

You got good genetics, I would have to really stay strict for about a month to get where you are at now. Fuck, with a naturaly high metabolism like that you should be smashing everything in sight to grow. Make sure you get your protien in and eat as much as you can.
Remember that because your metabolism is naturaly high that if you gain some fat "bulking" that it won't be as hard to get it off later as it would for say a person with a slower metabolism.

Thanks guys. Ive had people my whole life tell me wait til you hit 30 itll all change. Well Im rounding 30 and it hasnt changed much, but its also been said to my brother and father. My dads in his mid 60s and after he stopped working out a few years ago due to being busy he actually lost a bunch of weight. He doesnt eat healthy.

Like I said my friend calls me the skinniest fat person he knows. Hes a army ranger, he says he has to start dieting in December to be lean by summer, hes eating rice and chicken while Im eating cake and pizza.

Problem is im kind of stalling in my progress. I been trying to work on my wheels more to bring my weight up. Im thinking im going to drop a few lbs and tighten up for my girls birthday which falls on haloween. Then eat a few hundred above maintainence and hit it real hard til a few months before my wedding.

I figured if I gave my body some better tools to work with then maybe the growth would come easier.

Shoot me an E-amil at [email protected] and ill send you some books i have on file with tons of info

Well...what are you eating now? You can always improve your diet.

Absolutely. Im just looking for easier-ish type meals I can make in bulk or what not. Dont get me wrong, I know I could read around the forums and the internet and find a wealth of information. Was just wondering if anyone had a specific book, how to guide or whatever that they particularly thought was awesome.

I want to grow some more but I dont really want to go the route of eating everything and putting on 25 lbs then cutting down 20.

Have you ever heard of or tried eating Paleo? It's the way the hunter/ gatherers of the world eat.

It calls for the elimination of starchy carbs, dairy and processed food. Good website to check out are Mark's Daily Apple and www.robwolf.com.

I'm naturally lean like you and this style of eating helps me drop body fat and water even further. I think you'll be impressed with your results if you give it a go.

Go with keifer's carb backloading. Trust me, you won't regret it and it basically allows one huge cheat meal a day if you're training.

I will check these things out. Thank you for the input guys. Winter is soon approaching, and after haloween Im going to eat more.

To be compeltley honest I could continue working out as I am, eat completley unrestricted, cake, pizza, beefs, hotdogs etc every day and probably not go above 200-205. Ive dieted clean and added DNP and hit 183.

I suppose its a blessing and a curse, Im a hard gainer and a hard loser. I would love to put 5-10 lbs of quality muscle on in a year. Wondering if just eating my ass off and taking some growth (recently started a consistent regimen) would allow me to achieve my goal. Ive tried gear, my body just doesnt respond well to it, and yes I run it properly .

Go with keifer's carb backloading. Trust me, you won't regret it and it basically allows one huge cheat meal a day if you're training.

New to the forum. I hvae never seen this diet before ineresting, thanks for the link!

what if your metabolism isn't high.

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. Tons of great info and tons of recipes in the back as well. I highly recommend it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear