advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Will Upping TRT Dose Make My Blood Pressure Worse?

TonyCyp

Registered
Hey all. 26 here. Been in TRT 2 ish years. Normal dose for me is 250 a week split dose. Basically 2014 was a shit year for me. Got I hured. Got depressed. Stopped working out. Starting eating like shit and drinking several times a week. Sometimes nightly. My blood pressure shot up to about 190/80. Me and my doc both believe it's due to the weight gain as the history shows the more I weighed higher bp was. My question is. The last few months I've cut my TRT dose to like 125mg. I feel ok not great. Starting new year when I go back to the gym and dieting I want to go back to old 250 dose. Will this make my blood pressure worse? Or will I be ok if I diet and lose weight and be active again?

Hey all. 26 here. Been in TRT 2 ish years. Normal dose for me is 250 a week split dose. Basically 2014 was a shit year for me. Got I hured. Got depressed. Stopped working out. Starting eating like shit and drinking several times a week. Sometimes nightly. My blood pressure shot up to about 190/80. Me and my doc both believe it's due to the weight gain as the history shows the more I weighed higher bp was. My question is. The last few months I've cut my TRT dose to like 125mg. I feel ok not great. Starting new year when I go back to the gym and dieting I want to go back to old 250 dose. Will this make my blood pressure worse? Or will I be ok if I diet and lose weight and be active again?

I would workout and diet, when feeling better and bp goes down, THEN increase my dosage and continue to monitor bp.
Your bp is no joke, monitor it.
Good luck this new year.

I would workout and diet, when feeling better and bp goes down, THEN increase my dosage and continue to monitor bp.
Your bp is no joke, monitor it.
Good luck this new year.

Thanks for input. So is it a guarantee going back to 250 a week would screw things up?
I only ask cuz at 125 not really motivated enough to workout and kinda depressed.

i am very sorry to hear that you had a rough year.
a fair share of us have had horrible years and can sympathize with you.

my suggestions are:
1) lose a lot of weight ASAP
2) make sure you are taking medications and supplements as necessary to control your BP. if you haven't already, i would be taking Omega3/CoQ10/bioavailable curcumin(make sure it has bioperine).
3) keep sodium levels very very low, the mg's add up FAST
4) increase calcium,potassium,and magnesium levels through food or supplementation if necessary
5) start doing cardio everyday. even if it's for 15-20 minutes, just do it. it will make a tremendous difference for you and your current health status
6) get back into weight training if you can. 3 days a week full body would suffice. 1- 1.5 hour workouts at the maximum

all of these things impact your BP faaaaaaaaaaaar more than increasing/decrease TRT dosage. i am on prescribed TRT and my blood pressure is 105/70's with 45 BPM. i know others on TRT that are in the 90's (systolic)

your primary concern should be #1-6.
please do not take this as MD advice, but i don't think increasing your TRT dose would cause an adverse effect. let me explain why...

if you are 'unmotivated' @ 125test/week, then you are depriving yourself of the ability to carry out #1-6. if you are motivated @ 250test/week and you can truly carry out #1-6, then your BP will drop. before you know it, you could be in the 140's and then the 120's and then <120's.

your doctor isn't looking at it like that. she's looking at "the temporary" and "the now". if we look at it that way, then yes: increasing TRT would be detrimental. however, in even 2 weeks from now, it would actually be beneficial because of the psychological impact it has on you. the psychological impact will aid you in carrying out the things I listed above.

up the dose
start the diet
start the cardio
start the training

you don't got much time before this could all really bite you in the ****
uncontrolled BP will kill you. it's not a question of "IF"...it's "WHEN".
you're telling me you were up to 190's. the reality is your heart and kidneys are going to give out real quick. i don't want to see you being another statistics. get on it m8

PS: what bp meds are you on? please list them out for me. thanks.

Last edited:
i am very sorry to hear that you had a rough year.
a fair share of us have had horrible years and can sympathize with you.

my suggestions are:
1) lose a lot of weight ASAP
2) make sure you are taking medications and supplements as necessary to control your BP. if you haven't already, i would be taking Omega3/CoQ10/bioavailable curcumin(make sure it has bioperine).
3) keep sodium levels very very low, the mg's add up FAST
4) increase calcium,potassium,and magnesium levels through food or supplementation if necessary
5) start doing cardio everyday. even if it's for 15-20 minutes, just do it. it will make a tremendous difference for you and your current health status
6) get back into weight training if you can. 3 days a week full body would suffice. 1- 1.5 hour workouts at the maximum

all of these things impact your BP faaaaaaaaaaaar more than increasing/decrease TRT dosage. i am on prescribed TRT and my blood pressure is 105/70's with 45 BPM. i know others on TRT that are in the 90's (systolic)

your primary concern should be #1-6.
please do not take this as MD advice, but i don't think increasing your TRT dose would cause an adverse effect. let me explain why...

if you are 'unmotivated' @ 125test/week, then you are depriving yourself of the ability to carry out #1-6. if you are motivated @ 250test/week and you can truly carry out #1-6, then your BP will drop. before you know it, you could be in the 140's and then the 120's and then <120's.

your doctor isn't looking at it like that. she's looking at "the temporary" and "the now". if we look at it that way, then yes: increasing TRT would be detrimental. however, in even 2 weeks from now, it would actually be beneficial because of the psychological impact it has on you. the psychological impact will aid you in carrying out the things I listed above.

up the dose
start the diet
start the cardio
start the training

you don't got much time before this could all really bite you in the ****
uncontrolled BP will kill you. it's not a question of "IF"...it's "WHEN".
you're telling me you were up to 190's. the reality is your heart and kidneys are going to give out real quick. i don't want to see you being another statistics. get on it m8

PS: what bp meds are you on? please list them out for me. thanks.

Thank u brother. Glad to hear. IMMA take the next couple weeks to start doing cardio and dieting a bit while still at 125. Then when new year hits I'll go back to 250 and diet and train full tilt.
I'm on no blood pressure meds. Doc doesn't want me in them yet.

what's your BP looking like nowadays?

Tony needs psychiatric help.

He's been starting these threads for years now.

Those replying are losing their time.

Soon enough he'll get back to a perennial 300test/300deca/300tren and will insist on calling it TRT.

Soon enough he'll get back to a perennial 300test/300deca/300tren and will insist on calling it TRT.
Tren replacement therapy? Sign me up.

you need to decide whether health or size is your primary concern. then go from there.

Appreciate the concerns. My doc actually said test won't raise bp!?

But he hasn't been a member for 2 years yet....

?

I can tell you that taking a hit of good weed will lower your BP dramatically-if that's your kinda of thing. Also helps with inflammation and general aches and pains, just don't do it before a heavy deadlifting session:)

He must be related to GHBRAH or whatever the fuck that trolls name is.

26 yrs old and on TRT? 250mg per week is not a TRT cycle, but a low dose test ONLY cycle. TRT consist of 125 maybe 150mg per week some protocols call for 100mg per week. Besides Test, are you adding anything else to your cycle? Lastly, IMO you are just too damn young to be on TRT, 26??? :naughty::eek: You should be at PEEK NUMBERS naturally alone. Also, when was the last time you had a true medical check up and have been honest with your medical provider about your cycle usage? Maybe that will pinpoint the true issue behind your blood pressure issues. Always guard your health that is paramount...!!

I have been on trt since 22. It was for true medical purposes too.
What is wrong with being on at 26?
....?

You just diagnosed your own problem - You said you weren't really working out, you've been drinking several times a week, and you're eating like crap

HEEELLLLOOOO

The endocrin system does not fully mature until age 25 (and is why I try and keep kids off gear). Peak testosterone lasts until 27. After that, you lose 1-2% a year.

Why not take advantage of that fact? There are all sorts of reasons why you might get a 1 time low reading, but try and get your natural test up before resigning yourself to trt.

Try this: switch to a short ester test, like prop. WE need 100% clearance. After 2 weeks on prop, run HCG and an AI as needed for 3 weeks or so.

Then, jump on a serm. Clomid is best at starting the HTPA, Nolva is better at checking estro. Run 100 clomid, and 20 Nolva a day for 7 days, then 50 20 for a week, 50 10 then 50 Clomid. Finally, drop down to 25 Clomid (half a tab).

Then, get test checked.

Sorry for late respone appreciate all responses. My doc actually said test won't raise blood pressure !?

Test Prop and orals always raise my B/P, Cyp and Enth rarely. Get in shape and monitor. Good luck

TRT

I have been on trt since 22. It was for true medical purposes too.
What is wrong with being on at 26?
....?

I think chgolatin2 just meant its not common. I agree. Anyone who says they started TRT in their 20's makes me question it too.

BUT I had to start when i was 25. Wounded overseas, minor head injury, hormones f**cked up now. I feel ya Trinity. I take 100 testC weekly.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws