over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Methods

CRAWDADDY

Newbies
Im 49 and have been training and competing off and on for a few years now! Its a shame Im just realizing how much nutrition plays a part in getting to the next level of bodybuilding.Im 5' 9" and compete @ 210/215.Two second place finished this year.I had good shape and condition just need to fill out! This is were im going with this. With all the training methods out there which one to follow? Max overlaod? Y3-T? HIT? If I lift heavy for low reps I dont get the feel of the movement and have sore joints,but I know a muscle needs stress to grow! Medium to light just keeps me where Im at! I need some thickness! Combo of movments? Periodization? Give up old man your done? Any of you pros or bigger guys have any suggestion? All the gear in the world isnt going to take you to the next level if you dont have a system working for you!

Attachments

• OLE SWOLE1.jpg
    OLE SWOLE1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 580
I wish I had your problem. You look bad ass Bro. GOOD JOB. Peace.

Glad to see you on here big dawg !!

I've always lifted real heavy and the past couple years did a DC style training but after hurting my elbow (and both shoulder previously scoped) Ive been training with more volume.
Using a weight i can 10-12 reps with and fail at the end with each set , 3-4 set per exercise and 3-4 exercises per body part. Basicly you steadly decrease weight to stay in the rep range but push each set to failure or damn near it.
Focus on a nice steady slow negitive with a slightly faster positive , don't come all the way down and don't lock out , basicly keeping the muscle under tension all the time. I've had to drop the weight considerably but its greatly reduced the joint pain and im not getting any smaller so its working for me at the moment

You have the intensity to push through any workout its just a pain in the ass trying to work around an injury , like we discussed the other day , it may be time for a few months off to let everything heal up

IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski said:
Bodybuilding is about learning to maximally contract a muscle. It is not, and never has been about lifting weight. The best bodybuilders in the world are that way because they can contract their muscle harder than you, NOT because they lift more.

Just posted on his facebook

**broken link removed**

Titan Training or Big Beyond Belief, both from Optimum Training Systems.

Trainin Methods

So like I figured find out what works for your own phyisque! Do what dosnt hurt,stay consistant with meal & training! My plan is to dominate the masters division in my area next year and do masters national when Im 50! Offseason weight up to 228! Gonna stay lean and hard @ 230! Compete as a true heavy weight! Thanks guys!

Bump for this thread. I just started DC training but wold love to learn about other systems.

:eek: I didn't know you looked like that!! Jeeez...dominate? I'm thinking total annhilation!!!
So like I figured find out what works for your own phyisque! Do what dosnt hurt,stay consistant with meal & training! My plan is to dominate the masters division in my area next year and do masters national when Im 50! Offseason weight up to 228! Gonna stay lean and hard @ 230! Compete as a true heavy weight! Thanks guys!

Just posted on his facebook

**broken link removed**

I heard Ben say that in one of his videos. It's amazing to watch those guys and they look like they're just lifting...what you don't see is the heavy contracting they are doing during the movement.

I heard Ben say that in one of his videos. It's amazing to watch those guys and they look like they're just lifting...what you don't see is the heavy contracting they are doing during the movement.

But then u watch some pros who seem like they're not contracting any muscle at all. Warren comes to mind as do others. Diff strokes for diff folks.

Meanwhile Ben has been lifting progressively heavier weights year after year.

I've still never seen a great physique that wasn't built by heavy weights being lifted at some point in their career. The way Ben phrased that makes it sound like pros are just god's at being able to squeeze a muscle really hard rather than strong as shit for reps on an exercise that targets the given muscle group optimally.

Last edited:
I think he is just saying that the pros have learned to focus more on contracting the muscle than just how much you can lift.

Looking great Crawdaddy! But after all these years of training, its not the amount of drugs and its not the training method that has caused you to hit a wall, its your genetics. which are great btw, just not the same as those who stand on a Mr. O stage

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner