mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High fructose corn syrup OR artificial sweeteners? Choose your devil?

from a very quick search. monk fruit is supposedly just crushed monk fruit then infused with water. since it is 300 times as sweet as sugar very little is needed so only a miniscule amount of calories are taken in. also supposed to have a small amount of anti-cancer fighting properties. tho i am gunna research it much more. you can get it here tho

SkinnyGirl Monk Fruit Extract Liquid Sweetener

Yup...It's in the grocery stores usually next to or near stevia.

In my earlier post where I shared a link stating that soda makers seemed to be leaning towards monk fruit, it dawned on me that as big as the aspartame industry is, I bet they have their lobbyists hard at work to keep their product in place...Hopefully not!

Last edited:
Avoid both, but a small amount of either isn't the end of the world. As for the hypothetical question, if could drink it post workout I'd choose the full sugar variety other the Splenda sweetened stuff -- yuck.

That's all processed too, much like high fructose corn syrup...I used it for about a week til I googled it

Pepsi or Mountain Dew Throwback....supposedly made with real sugar

I kicked the habit quite a while back and drink plain black iced coffee with a good bit of raw milk to flavor it
Pepsi is artificially flavored...same as most of the rest.

from a very quick search. monk fruit is supposedly just crushed monk fruit then infused with water. since it is 300 times as sweet as sugar very little is needed so only a miniscule amount of calories are taken in. also supposed to have a small amount of anti-cancer fighting properties. tho i am gunna research it much more. you can get it here tho

SkinnyGirl Monk Fruit Extract Liquid Sweetener

I think the Monk fruit sweetner tastes terrible. Weird taste for sure.

I think the Monk fruit sweetner tastes terrible. Weird taste for sure.

kool, thanx for the input bro. i just stick to blending in fruits to my shakes usually frozen mixed berries.

Artificial sweeter everyday. I will wait until I see some actually well done studies that make me change my mind. Right now all the well done studies show no issues

I mostly just drink water. If I really want a soda I will grab one of the stevia ones. Nutrasweet has been connected w/ nerve damage since its inception.

Artificial sweeter everyday. I will wait until I see some actually well done studies that make me change my mind. Right now all the well done studies show no issues

this
there is not a single study on humans that uses non-retarded dosages with the outcome that artificial sweeteners are dangerous.

aspartame may not be healthy and even dangerous (but in ABSURDLY high dosages and in rats), but you can avoid that partially; the liquid artificial sweeteners dont contain aspartame here in germany, yet diet sodas do.

since i like to seperate drinking and eating for digestive reasons, i would never touch HFCS with a 10 foot pole.
sugar is also shit imo. less shit, but still shit.

this
there is not a single study on humans that uses non-retarded dosages with the outcome that artificial sweeteners are dangerous.

aspartame may not be healthy and even dangerous (but in ABSURDLY high dosages and in rats), but you can avoid that partially; the liquid artificial sweeteners dont contain aspartame here in germany, yet diet sodas do.

since i like to seperate drinking and eating for digestive reasons, i would never touch HFCS with a 10 foot pole.
sugar is also shit imo. less shit, but still shit.

This has been my basic view on things for the last 10 yrs or so...but sometimes I wondered if I was just adopting the view that I wanted instead of eliminating soda completely. Except for the occasional Sprite, Pibb, or Sierra Mist, I stick to diet drinks and I think I burned myself out on diet coke. Diet Pepsi tastes much better to me for some reason.

This has been my basic view on things for the last 10 yrs or so...but sometimes I wondered if I was just adopting the view that I wanted instead of eliminating soda completely. Except for the occasional Sprite, Pibb, or Sierra Mist, I stick to diet drinks and I think I burned myself out on diet coke. Diet Pepsi tastes much better to me for some reason.

i actually dont drink that much diet soda. i live on tea (with lemon juice) with lots of artificial sweetener though. also drink a lot of caffeine free coffee with lots of artificial sweetener.
ive never been a big water drinker so if it wasnt for artificial sweetener i wouldnt even get in 2 litres a day. with sweetened drinks 4-5 litres is easy.

i have maybe 2-3 litres of diet soda a week, sometimes more sometimes less.

back in the day a couple years ago i drank like 3-4 litres of diet soda a day. pretty much drank nothing else but pepsi max... that was probably not very healthy lol, but i havent felt any ill effects at all, not then and not now.

Artificial sweetener, in moderation, is still better than adding HFCS into your system. The hormonal (insulin) response to it is significant. I think small amounts of aspartame are OK. Overdoing either is bad. I don't buy that small amounts of aspartame lead to negative health consequences. I have probably 3 diet sodas a week with lunch and whatever else is in some of my supplements (protein powder, etc).

Plus, these days, you can get diet soda and I lot of other items with splenda and stuff too. I use stevia in my coffee/tea as well. I just had my last batch of peptopro sweetened with stevia also.

Last edited:
I can't live without my diet drpepper.

Same here... I'm gonna die from something and fuck, if a diet soda is gonna kill me, I probably deserve it lol

I prefer diet cherry Dr. pepper. It is what the cool kids drink

However, when I diet, no sodas... :(

Well shit, I just looked at the label and found that Prime Nutrition's Phytoform(which plenty of people have mentioned or asked about on this forum) is sweetened with monkfruit.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws