over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Artificial Sweeteners and Fasted BG

I meant to say Not. But I really have no clue. I didn't realize they were studied a great deal. I'm just not keen on artificial sweeteners.

I know your intentions were good, but when you don’t know something, especially if you have no clue, it’s irresponsible to give your opinion.

This board has a lot of very experienced people who can be really helpful. Best to let them answer questions like these.

And that's cool. Yeah there have been plenty studies upon them. There are newer ones that have been developed in the last 20 years, but they've been in pretty widespread use as a group since the 1970's.

I still don't understand why/what has transpired over time but almost as a rule people don't inherently trust the idea of a safe, calorie free, sweet tasting chemical. I always hear from someone that they're the cause of something. My co-worker's wife says they're the cause of a flu I caught a few years ago. Someone tells my dad the sugar subs he drinks in his coffee are the cause of diverticulitis that put him in the hospital. A software programmer that's working with me on a project (who is 40 lbs overweight) tells me "that shit'll kill ya" when he sees me drinking a diet coke. Etc.

I’ve lived off generic brand crystal light and diet drinks for the better part of 25 years… 2-3 gallons a day.

If there was an issue, I’d have seen one. I’d have probably overdosed by now. LOL

I’ve lived off generic brand crystal light and diet drinks for the better part of 25 years… 2-3 gallons a day.

If there was an issue, I’d have seen one. I’d have probably overdosed by now. LOL
Haha, I hear ya man. Like I mentioned, I just don’t understand why the toxicity fears stick around. Studies have flatly proven the toxic threshold is orders of magnitude higher than what a human could possibly consume.

And that's cool. Yeah there have been plenty studies upon them. There are newer ones that have been developed in the last 20 years, but they've been in pretty widespread use as a group since the 1970's.

I still don't understand why/what has transpired over time but almost as a rule people don't inherently trust the idea of a safe, calorie free, sweet tasting chemical. I always hear from someone that they're the cause of something. My co-worker's wife says they're the cause of a flu I caught a few years ago. Someone tells my dad the sugar subs he drinks in his coffee are the cause of diverticulitis that put him in the hospital. A software programmer that's working with me on a project (who is 40 lbs overweight) tells me "that shit'll kill ya" when he sees me drinking a diet coke. Etc.
I think I am in the same boat. I don't trust them really. I recently had some sort of allergic reaction to a chocolate that had artificial sweetener in place of sugar. I can be sensitive to certain food additives. I believe that natural food is what our bodies are supposed to ingest for known and also unknown reasons.

I know your intentions were good, but when you don’t know something, especially if you have no clue, it’s irresponsible to give your opinion.

This board has a lot of very experienced people who can be really helpful. Best to let them answer questions like these.
thanks for the pointer

I would have to think that taking a below level of a proven toxic level of a substances then adding that to many other below toxic levels substances that people eat or deal with every day could definitely have a cumulative effect. But no good long term studies will be done by a manufacturer to show that their products can have unhealthy side effects. Only small studies tend to be done along those lines and then are discredited by the powers that be. And with all the people on those board that have varying health issues from poor glucose control, BP, shut down/faulty endocrine systems, get sick multiple times a year, have allergies etc. And can say that is for sure is not at all in any way due to artificial flavors, or sweeteners, colors along with all the other man made substances in their bodies. Seems a little unscientific to me. But to each there own. I say people should eat what they want as they will live the results. It is just a matter of where we have that bar set for our own futures.

I think I am in the same boat. I don't trust them really. I recently had some sort of allergic reaction to a chocolate that had artificial sweetener in place of sugar. I can be sensitive to certain food additives. I believe that natural food is what our bodies are supposed to ingest for known and also unknown reasons.

This is maltitol. It causes diarrhea.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner