over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study on fasted lifting

I get the idea behind fasted lifting... some feel better... some think it increases performance... some think it burns more fat... some like me who do it prefer to save our precious calories to "feast" post workout because intermittent fasting and a few large meals satisfy us more than snaller meals... convenient to not eat for am lifting

My question...I see a lot of people use a little shake or raw and electrolytes pre...but no carbs not even Gatorade.

If someone is going to take in protein pre... meaning not truly fasted...why not also add a small amount of fast digestion carbs?

So fast ..or get a light meal of fast digestion carbs and protein. What is the rationale between taking in a little eaa or protein and not bothering to add a little bit of carbs?
don't be offended, but as usual, you complicate simple things too much - you're not and you don't care about being a freak, just do what's more convenient for you and you won't see much of a difference anyway

I agree, but what's the point of training lifting on an empty stomach when you can drink a mixture of isolate/peptopro + waxymaze before and the same during training just maybe switch carb source to dextrose - you don't need time to drink the cocktail and it won't cause a heavy stomach and we will be in a more anabolic state than after a whole night without it eating even when we have a large meal for dinner

I don't disagree. I think at that point it's just preference. Your point stands completely though if you could just put something down that won't impact your stomach, then do it. Right now I train at home and my alarm goes at at 5am and I'm literally doing warm up sets at 5:15am while drinking a caffeine/eaa/electrolyte drink. I imagine most are getting up and driving to a gym and having a little more of a "transit time" where it's more conducive to have something you you noted.

I get the idea behind fasted lifting... some feel better... some think it increases performance... some think it burns more fat... some like me who do it prefer to save our precious calories to "feast" post workout because intermittent fasting and a few large meals satisfy us more than snaller meals... convenient to not eat for am lifting

My question...I see a lot of people use a little shake or raw and electrolytes pre...but no carbs not even Gatorade.

If someone is going to take in protein pre... meaning not truly fasted...why not also add a small amount of fast digestion carbs?

So fast ..or get a light meal of fast digestion carbs and protein. What is the rationale between taking in a little eaa or protein and not bothering to add a little bit of carbs?

I think it's mostly semantics and schedule. I only eat around 250 grams of carbs a day and I eat around 100-150 of those carbs around 7pm (along with ~80 grams of protein), go to bed at 9:30pm, and up at 4:30-5. That is essentially my preworkouts meal and I don't really have a need for more. It's going to take hours and hours and hours for that to digest and with a little caffeine/eaa/electrolyte drink I feel great and ready to go. I mean you are not getting a lot of immediate pre workout carbs if you are eating a decent amount during the day.

If maximum growth is what is wanted. Fasted would seem to be less then desirable. From studies i saw in the past showed people are at the strongest in the late afternoon on average. Which would be from the CNS and fuel being optimal at that time.

don't be offended, but as usual, you complicate simple things too much - you're not and you don't care about being a freak, just do what's more convenient for you and you won't see much of a difference anyway
This is true, at the end of the day consistently, intense training, total calories, sleep etc are the big rocks. I do go back and forth where pre and post workout nutrition are on the hierarchy of importance...I agree for people not trying to get huge and not using slin the difference is probably small.

I'm talking about bodybuilders because after all, they are "professionalmuscle"
The ones I do know who mail the every 2 hour window pre lift, always modify what they eat pre lift. The fact that digestion takes an enormous amount of energy and blood away from muscle isn’t lost on IFBB pros either trust me.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws