advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High fructose corn syrup OR artificial sweeteners? Choose your devil?

Well shit, I just looked at the label and found that Prime Nutrition's Phytoform(which plenty of people have mentioned or asked about on this forum) is sweetened with monkfruit.

That's fairly surprising/impressive really.

artificial sweeteners over empty sugar calories any day unless I need the carbs. Their tons of preservatives and artificial things we eat and drink everyday, no ones dead yet.

this
there is not a single study on humans that uses non-retarded dosages with the outcome that artificial sweeteners are dangerous.

aspartame may not be healthy and even dangerous (but in ABSURDLY high dosages and in rats), but you can avoid that partially; the liquid artificial sweeteners dont contain aspartame here in germany, yet diet sodas do.

since i like to seperate drinking and eating for digestive reasons, i would never touch HFCS with a 10 foot pole.
sugar is also shit imo. less shit, but still shit.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Some of the people will believe anything they read or told. As Dave Palumbo once said when asked if Aspartame was kiiling people….he said have you ever wonder where all these dead bodies are.

Yup just saw this on the news:

**broken link removed**

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Then there's the whole X factor... BPA exposure related to canned/bottled drinks. I'm sure most are aware of the associated health implications.

Associations of Bisphenol A Exposure With Heart Rate Variability and Blood Pressure

Cliff notes courtesy Michael Scally:

BPA in Canned Beverages Linked to Increases in Blood Pressure - Exposure to bisphenol A (BPA) through consumption of canned beverages is associated with increases in systolic blood pressure, according to a randomized crossover trial in Hypertension.

BPA is a chemical found in many plastic bottles, food containers, and the linings of cans.

Sixty older adults (mostly women) had three study visits, during which they consumed two servings of soy milk provided one of three ways: in two glass bottles (least amount of BPA exposure), two cans (most BPA), or one glass bottle and one can. The sequence of serving containers was randomized.

Urinary BPA concentrations were significantly higher 2 hours after participants drank from two cans versus two glass bottles. Furthermore, systolic BP was roughly 4.5 mm Hg higher after two cans versus two glass bottles.

The authors write that the observed increase in systolic BP "may cause a clinically significant increase of risk of cardiovascular disorders, such as heart diseases and peripheral arterial diseases."

Last edited:
This is exactly why I got that carbonated monkey off my back.

I don't like either choice.

When I do indulge, like someone else said, if I need some carbs/calories, I'll have the shitty HFCS. Under "normal" circumstance, I'll have a diet. Preferably Coke Zero.

Quitting soda was harder than quitting drinking. :mad:

When I drink diet soda, I get a bad headache and feel like ****
That's enough for me to know it's trash

Maybe you could mix juice and carbonated water for a "healthier" soda?

Maybe you could mix juice and carbonated water for a "healthier" soda?

The international foods section of my grocery store has some neat soda type stuff from Mexico and further south. I'll check them out. Not sure what they use as sweetener.

A few years ago I bought a few bottles and enjoyed them.

i find water to be a wonderful beverage!

I'm at 8 months? I think without a soda and don't miss it one bit.

Sweet stuff in general is a no no for me, no soda, black coffee....

The international foods section of my grocery store has some neat soda type stuff from Mexico and further south. I'll check them out. Not sure what they use as sweetener.

A few years ago I bought a few bottles and enjoyed them.

Latin American countries have some interesting soda choices.

Try this one if you can find it:

**broken link removed**

It's basically guarana extract, real sugar and carbonated water.

I'm at 8 months? I think without a soda and don't miss it one bit.

It's been 2.5 years for me and I used to down 4 liters of diet mountain dew a day plus tons of crystal light. Now all I drink is Poland spring and love it have no desire for anything else. When I do take a sip if my wife has some which is pretty much never it taste so strong I just have no desire to drink it anymore.

I use a lot of artificial sweetener and bought all of them and put them through a taste test and they each had their benefit.

But to be honest I need to stop using them all together because I'm pretty sure that my taste buds are fucked up. One packet of sweet 'n low use to make a drink or whatever else very sweet, now I'm up to 4....Not good at all since S'nL is the strongest one out there (does have a bit of a bitter after taste though).

The easy answer is refrain from drinking soda. However, some of us love it and drink it once or twice a day. I recently had a friend that had given up diet soda because of the sweeteners and said "screw it...sugar is probably less harmful, so I quit diet drinks" - as he sipped a 20 oz regular coke. I told him we didn't live in a country that used sugar and it is high fructose corn syrup which is far worse.

That being said...if you were forced to choose, would you continue on with:

A)Soda with HFCS
B)Diet soda with artificial sweeteners
C)Real sugar sodas like Sierra Mist and Mexican versions of Sprite, Coca Cola etc..

Real sugar without doubt.

It's been 2.5 years for me and I used to down 4 liters of diet mountain dew a day plus tons of crystal light. Now all I drink is Poland spring and love it have no desire for anything else. When I do take a sip if my wife has some which is pretty much never it taste so strong I just have no desire to drink it anymore.

I do have a kombucha tea few times a week and get a little carbonation from that . I am starting to make these at home now.

Bottom line is to stick with real sugar as much as possible. Or stevia or xylithol, which are healthy sugar alternatives.

High fructose corn syrup second.

And last, artiticial sweeteners with Aspartame at the top of the list. Acefulsam K and Sucralose are bad, but nowhere near as bad as Aspartame. Read up on it folks, its not a conspiracy. The stuff is pure poison. It literally turns into FORMALDEHYDE when stored slightly above room temparture. Its given to lab rats to induce cancer tumors, to then test cancer medication. And its linked to hundreds of other illnesses, yet somehow doesnt get banned because "it doesnt make you fat" as if thats the only worry in life.

Its a crime on humanity that this stuff was ever invented, let alone released into the general population. And now its everywhere. :star:wars

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131