mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Forcing myself to get in that post workout meal...

Between my pre-workout and lifting high intensity to the point of wanting to puke, sometimes it's next to impossible to choke down my post workout meal. Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on what I can do to make it a little less of a beating???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post workout window is a myth. Eat when you are ready.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk 2

I don't buy into the need to have more protein 45 minutes after your post workout protein. There is no way the protein from the shake is done digesting for you to need more 45 minutes later in the form of chicken or whatever.

So what I've been doing generally is this:
Wake Up - 10 g of Leucine (to spike my insulin levels like Elvia suggested)
10 mins later - 4 ml of Synthetine and 4 ml of Syntheselen
Right after that - Pre workout drink and Nitric Oxide
30 mins later - Lift while sipping 50g of HumaPro and 25g of Glycofuse intra
Post workout - 50g of HumaPro and 25g of Glycofuse
*Then I eat as soon as possible afterwards. Ideally it would be about an hour later, but sometimes I can't get an appetite for 2 hours.

Please critique

With both your intra and post shake, those nutrients are going to have you covered for hours post lift. So getting in a whole food meal after, there is no need to rush getting that in.

Being that you're taking in the intra shake, you could even drop the post shake, and go home and eat a whole food meal if you wanted to go that route.

try cutting out the the pre-workout... stimulants will kill an appetite

also, try fast carbs instead of like a whole chicken and rice meal.. something like a whey iso shake and some pop tarts or rice crispy treats

Last edited:
Lots of great ideas here. I hate to be the guy who recommends taking something for appetite but GHRP-6 (peptide) can really stimulate the appetite. I use it when I am running superdrol as it crushes my appetite. Its cheap and effective may be worth a shot.

I also use poptarts post workout when bulking ha. Taste good, easy to prepare, super cheap and low volume in the stomach.

Last edited:
Lol, maybe stupid question but what's the nutritional benefit of pop tarts ???

Nothing special. Just quick digesting carbs and can get it down very quick without feeling full (low volume).

I go with cereal personally.

Lol they are just easy to get down the hatch, melt in your mouth when heated. 200 calories each.

I have a low fat bagel and 2 cups of cereal (oatmeal cereal squares) post workout with a protein shake as the milk. You can get creative if you try.

Last edited:

I wouldn't advise it but I avoid pure sugar (except fruit) like the plague. I read somewhere on Suppversity than you don't even need carbs post workout to gain muscle. I'll still have oats or rice after anyway though.

Last edited:
Post workout window is a myth. Eat when you are ready.

Not according to Eastern Bloc research. They used intraveneous amino acids before, during and after training as an important part of their recovery program. Muscle tissue is much more receptive to nutrients during this time.

Not according to Eastern Bloc research. They used intraveneous amino acids before, during and after training as an important part of their recovery program. Muscle tissue is much more receptive to nutrients during this time.

There's been a lot of recent publications that show it doesn't matter- there is no "anabolic window." Of course if you're using post workout slin that changes things..

So what I've been doing generally is this:
Wake Up - 10 g of Leucine (to spike my insulin levels like Elvia suggested)
10 mins later - 4 ml of Synthetine and 4 ml of Syntheselen
Right after that - Pre workout drink and Nitric Oxide
30 mins later - Lift while sipping 50g of HumaPro and 25g of Glycofuse intra
Post workout - 50g of HumaPro and 25g of Glycofuse
*Then I eat as soon as possible afterwards. Ideally it would be about an hour later, but sometimes I can't get an appetite for 2 hours.

Please critique

That Post-workout, Intra-workout Bullshit is pure marketing crap. You dont need all that shit.

HOLY FUCK, Look at all those supplements! Where are the Real bodybuilders gone too?

For fuck sakes, EAT real food.

Top bodybuilders Dont do that shit, All the Supplements, They just make you believe they do it because of their contract with companys selling Bullcrap Products.

AGAIN, EAT REAL FOOD.

FOOD IS ANABOLIC.

Last edited:

it doesnt matter, Eat real food.

That Post-workout, Intra-workout Bullshit is pure marketing crap. You dont need all that shit.

HOLY FUCK, Look at all those supplements! Where are the Real bodybuilders gone too?

For fuck sakes, EAT real food.

Top bodybuilders Dont do that shit, All the Supplements, They just make you believe they do it because of their contract with companys selling Bullcrap Products.

AGAIN, EAT REAL FOOD.

FOOD IS ANABOLIC.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1469528736353.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1469528736353.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 119
I wouldn't advise it but I avoid pure sugar (except fruit) like the plague. I read somewhere on Suppversity than you don't even need carbs post workout to gain muscle. I'll still have oats or rice after anyway though.

Correct. They compared carbs and protein vs. Protein alone and the difference was minimal if even a difference at all ...protein synthesis did not suffer one bit

Lol @ IV aminos....

so glad you posted this!

So we can put an end to this bullshit with real world evidence... my post workout meal is anywhere from 2 to 8 hours post-workout... that's right you read that correctly. 2 to 8 hours ...and I don't think I'm suffering in the muscle loss department.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
doth25
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner