over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

YOU got no legs dude

it's the simple female dualistic mating strategy

they don't think they can get commitment from the lean and muscular guy, because he probably has loads of other girls pining after him... so he's just a fun 'hook-up'

so they 'settle down lol' with the soft, pudgy boy who they don't have to worry about losing to a better-looking woman.

one type of man for pleasure, one type of man for provision.

of course, she will grow to resent her soft but reliable provider because he's not as exciting and gruff as the tatted muscular hunks who had her in her youth...but that's a whole other story.
In my 40's and still waiting to meet these hot women who just want to fuck a guy like me and use me. Maybe when I hit my 60's it will happen. :rolleyes:

True, but any woman who is choosing a partner based on leg size probably isn't the most mentally well balanced lady out there. This is not directed at you in any way, as you are not only into bodybuilding (unlike most women), but you were also a man not too long ago. I would imagine this is why your opinion on the matter sounds more like the Pro-leg males in this thread, rather than the typical female.

The average women hardly even considers leg development, if at all. Yes, she may notice horrible imbalances (ex. massive upper-body and pencil legs), but most people aren't like this. As I said in a previous post, I haven't trained legs in 15 years, yet they are still 28 inches. I stopped training legs after I blew-out my knee doing 600 lb farmer's walks...and any attempt at hard leg training (even warm-up weight hurts) will have me knees killing me for weeks. In my case, my legs barely shrank after I stopped training them. Yes, they shrank at first, but as I gained another 50 pounds of upper-body mass, my legs grew several inches (with zero training), so they never really got out of proportion with my upper-body....at least from the average person's standpoint.

LMAO, you definitely have me confused with someone else.. I know who you're referring to, not me. I was born a woman, and last I checked, still am. Hahaha

Mike Arnold - I don't choose someone simply because of a body part. But I do find strong legs attractive, as I mentioned why in my earlier post

Last edited:
LMAO, you definitely have me confused with someone else.. I know who you're referring to, not me. I was born a woman, and last I checked, still am. Hahaha

i thought he had mistyped lol... who u guys talking about?

i thought he had mistyped lol... who u guys talking about?

You always like to be in the know don't you LS? LOLOL post pics of your legs. If they're big enough, I might fill you in LMAO
Hey, maybe that could be the next 'pic you took today' thread

You always like to be in the know don't you LS? LOLOL post pics of your legs. If they're big enough, I might fill you in LMAO

my legs are too chubby :eek:

Olympia level glutes the man has...he deserves all the secrets [emoji846]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Please don't ask him that. He will pm you one but he will be naked. He does that so his quads look extra big :eek:

I did read MA's post and think it was a mistype. Now you have me intrigued.

Everyone has different tastes. It's not like you walk around looking for men with just big legs. But I am sure if you see a nice guy and he has big legs it's a bonus. I feel the same with women and boobies :eek::D

One day when these surgeries are behind me, I'm going to order this guy's belt squat!

https://www.wenningstrength.com/equipment

Bio, you also may want to check out Frank Zane's equipment. I know he has one that's called "Leg or Quad Blaster" I think.

It also is supposed to alleviate pressure off of the spine while still being able to work the quads effectively.

I also have had lower back issues which prevented me from doing any leg movements that put too much pressure on the spine. V-squats and hack squats are fine but no no regular squats or even front squats for now.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8BOCcTxi5I"]Frank Zane's Leg Blaster - YouTube[/ame]
Frank Zane's Leg Blaster - YouTube

Yes, and many bodybuilders are notorious for using bodybuilding as an excuse to slack-of in many areas of life that require long-term hard work and personal sacrifice, such as building a career/business, being a husband, a father, etc. Many of these things involve more than just selfish desire and instant gratification.

Well, that's also egoistic desires in my book.

So yes, I would agree with you wholeheartedly that many people do put-off doing things simply because they involve hard work and personal sacrifice...and many bodybuilders are a prime example of that, including the ones with big legs.

This comment is not in any way an attack against bodybuilders, as I have loved bodybuilding my whole life (admittedly, I prefer previous eras of bodybuilding over the current one), but was posted simply to show the ridiculousness of anyone who espouses the belief that someone is weak-minded or lacks discipline simply because they don't put a lot of effort into leg training. Not everyone is an aspiring competitive bodybuilder...or they have other reasons they don't train legs/ don't train them hard. We all have different goals and live under different circumstances...and having Ramy-like legs just doesn't matter for most of these people, including bodybuilders (by bodybuilders, I mean people who use weights to build their physique in a way that is desirable to them).

But if you are worried about entering a gym and continuing on a regular basis, there is no valid reason (except for injuries) not to train your legs, either for aesthetic, strength or health reasons. It does not require much time (30-40 minutes for a week), but a great sacrifice, or at least much greater to hit your arms/abdomen.

People in general, as you say, do not want to be bodybuilders and do not want to develop massive legs size. Many are considered performance athletes and not physique athletes, so, they should hit the squats hard to increase their marks. Other people are not athletes of any kind and are just looking to do some exercise to maintain health. These people should also be doing squats.

Personally, I do the squats (and train legs) for the 3 reasons, I want to increase my size and hypertrophy, I like to be stronger and I know it is the best exercise I can do for my health next to the deadlift. Obviously, when you are looking for strength and size you are not thinking about health, but as long as you do not have injuries or problems, it is a win and win in all 3 aspects.

Women in "general" don't give a rats ass about the size of a man's legs.

This is very comical.

Money, good looks, status, personality, character etc... is what matters or the right combinations of the above.

Leg size? LOL this is a new one. Not even dick size matters.

Maybe if you are still in your early or mid twenties, you would think that the "physique" is what ultimately women look for to chose a mate, wrong.

You can see very beautiful women with fat guys and good looking guys with below average looking women. Who people pick as a partner has nothing to do with leg size LOL

And if you are just talking about fucking here and there, $$$$ will put any skank in your lambos car seat.

Vice versa, I wouldn't look at a woman who looks very attractive, very eloquent, my type, and say to myself nah, her breasts are too small, or her ass is too small, or she's too lazy to get that ass bigge.. GTFO

So many immature people here.

Mike Arnold - I don't choose someone simply because of a body part. But I do find strong legs attractive, as I mentioned why in my earlier post

Oh shit, now I feel like an idiot. I did get you confused with someone else. I mis-read the username. My sincere apologies. I guess you really did just prefer big legs. LOL. Again, my apologies. I hope you aren't offended. My comment had nothing to do with your appearance, of course. You look every bit like a woman. :)

But if you are worried about entering a gym and continuing on a regular basis, there is no valid reason (except for injuries) not to train your legs, either for aesthetic, strength or health reasons. It does not require much time (30-40 minutes for a week), but a great sacrifice, or at least much greater to hit your arms/abdomen.

People in general, as you say, do not want to be bodybuilders and do not want to develop massive legs size. Many are considered performance athletes and not physique athletes, so, they should hit the squats hard to increase their marks. Other people are not athletes of any kind and are just looking to do some exercise to maintain health. These people should also be doing squats.

Personally, I do the squats (and train legs) for the 3 reasons, I want to increase my size and hypertrophy, I like to be stronger and I know it is the best exercise I can do for my health next to the deadlift. Obviously, when you are looking for strength and size you are not thinking about health, but as long as you do not have injuries or problems, it is a win and win in all 3 aspects.

I do agree it's good to train legs (when possible) for health reasons. There's no doubt about that. However, that doesn't really require building big legs, just moderately developed legs. I have thought about starting light leg training again (if my knee allows) for just that reason.

For me, low volume progressive overload working on increasing weight and/or reps week after week is what has made my legs grow. I have never posted a pic of them but I have pretty good legs and I don't compete - I'd say my legs are better than most "pro" competitors I know, but pro cards are handed out like candy these days so I can't say that really means much.

For anyone struggling with leg growth, I recommend actually decreasing volume instead of increasing it. This approach has actually helped my back, chest, and legs grow. My arms still lag behind I feel, maybe high volume will work better with them. But I feel like the MAJORITY of people (and this means probably 75% or more of people) overtrain.

Check out the guys on ELITE FTS. I guarantee you those guys have more muscle than most people on this site, even though they may not look it. They focus on low-volume, progressive overload lifting and get stronger week after week.

Some people try to emulate or copy Olympia-level athlete's high volume workouts, completely disregarding the fact that they probably don't have the same genetic capabilities of those people to handle that type of volume.

If I overtrain, I don't make progress, period.

Who gives a f*ck how many sets and reps you're doing if you're not progressing? The only person you're fooling is yourself.

Women in "general" don't give a rats ass about the size of a man's legs.

This is very comical.

Money, good looks, status, personality, character etc... is what matters or the right combinations of the above.

Leg size? LOL this is a new one. Not even dick size matters.

Maybe if you are still in your early or mid twenties, you would think that the "physique" is what ultimately women look for to chose a mate, wrong.

You can see very beautiful women with fat guys and good looking guys with below average looking women. Who people pick as a partner has nothing to do with leg size LOL

And if you are just talking about fucking here and there, $$$$ will put any skank in your lambos car seat.

Vice versa, I wouldn't look at a woman who looks very attractive, very eloquent, my type, and say to myself nah, her breasts are too small, or her ass is too small, or she's too lazy to get that ass bigge.. GTFO

So many immature people here.
Lol exactly, finally someone said it. Most women couldn’t care less if your legs are 30 inches or your arms are 20 inches etc etc. Sure certain women will be physically attracted to a good body but that’s as far is it will go if you don’t have a personality, social status etc etc. If anything physically a good looking face is much more important to a woman than a full big muscular body.

Regarding leg training, I have big legs always have from playing sport at an elite level since young. With body building they exploded. But I can understand why a non competing person wouldn’t want big massive legs. It’s a pain in the ass to be honest. Finding any pants that fit nicely, having to buy pants that are 2 or 3 waist sizes bigger, ripping shorts or pants if they are slightly fitted and you make the wrong move etc etc. There’s no excuse for not training legs altogether but not wanting big legs as a gym rat or normal person I can understand

What Mike Arnold posted is spot on in regards to what women think. Of course there will always be exceptions especially women who compete. So many lads/men these days have chicken legs but they wear those tight skinny jeans so don't even mind them. Girls don't seem to mind that at all. Now older women it's different and no one wants a man with 16 inch quads but most don't want guys with big legs either. A lot of men have perfectly sized legs even if they don't go to the gym. I think a lot of bodybuilders views on women are skewed and it's usually stems from their own insecurities.

I sometimes get insecure about my legs in shorts but I know no women are thinking anything bad. But who would train for women... that is something you do at 17. My feelings are more for what I think. Plus I hate the idea someone would look at me and think I don't train legs hard when in fact it's the opposite.

When I posted about being tall that wasn't an excuse just fact. I don't for 1 second think I would have amazing legs if I were shorter. But I do know I would have much bigger/thicker ones. Most of the tall guys I know who train legs hard don't have big legs but they just look lean/athletic. These are guys squatting 4/5 plates a side as well regularly. It's just not on the cards for some people unless they weigh well over 300 pounds. That's why guys like Dallas McCarvor really impressed me. Jamie Christian-Johal is another good example of someone very tall who has built great legs over time. Although whenever I see pics of freaky legs that make you think wtf pretty much everytime (there are some exceptions) the guys are 5ft1-5ft8.

As TOO55 posted most don't train their legs very hard because it hurts. I can push my upper body 100% and I feel ok the next day. If I push my legs 100% I can't walk for 3 days. Although it's not even with just legs. I find most people who generally train very hard train everything hard uncluding legs.

We all do stuff to try and curb insecurities. Men and women alike. It's human nature 101. Every last one of us has some sort of insecurity. That said, all my life, since I got heavily into building my body etc, I get the same responses from literally every woman I get to know. Maybe slightly different versions, but it goes like this...."When I first saw you, I thought you were hot, but scary looking too. You look tough and a bit mean and scary, but I'm glad I took a chance as you're actually pretty sweet natured and deep." Or, "I thought you'd be a total douche" I show off what I've worked for, fitted T-shirts and I walk with confidence. That can be mistaken for arrogance. I'm not arrogant, actually quite humble and yeah, part of why I got into training my body, is probably to make over some underlying insecurities. So what, for me it works. I walk in a room, a bar, generally I keep to myself, but hell yeah, I like people noticing me. Women especially. I come off as a bit scary, dark, but also mysterious as I'm quiet, stick to myself and many women are like cats and it drives them crazy. They want to know what I'm about.

I'm not just built, but I got one of those ultra masculine faces and a short trimmed beard. I could pass for a hardcore biker, or serial killer. Inside, I'm pretty much the opposite and I think it has played very well at getting women over the years. That said, I can be badass ifI need to be, just at 51 now, I'm tending not to look for trouble unless it's unavoidable. Bottom line, is women are big suckers for masculine men who aren't arrogant douches.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity