over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just survived heart attack at age 38, follow up to Phil's post

I use 100 mg/wk. Injected every Sunday, so once a week. If i test my level on Tuesdsay it will be in the high 800s to low 900s. When your's tests at 950, how many days after injection is that? How often do you inject to get the 250mg/wk? Are you using pharm test from a prescription from the doctor , or is this done on your own? 250mg/wk is a very high dose for trt.
Next time, after your injecting the 100mg go and have the blood test 12 hours after, you will have it over 1700, not good, inject 10mg per day maximum, and have the blood test 12 hours after, you will be very suppressed.

Next time, after your injecting the 100mg go and have the blood test 12 hours after, you will have it over 1700, not good, inject 10mg per day maximum, and have the blood test 12 hours after, you will be very suppressed.
I think when I was getting a level in the high 800s to low 900s it was actually just 24 hours afterward. Anyhow, youre probably right that it is higher the first 24 hours. Its not that high very long however and goes down from there the rest of the week. For me its just a desire to not have to inject every day. So far ive been good the past 13 years +. I do think your method of 10 mg/day is more optimal though. I just dont want the hassle of doing it for the rest of my life, 7 injections a week.

Where are you seeing that? Perhaps I missed it but on page 2 under "Prevalence of myocardial infarction by age and sex" it says 0.3% of men and 0.3% of women which would mean 1 out of 333 men and 1 out of 333 women, which would still be ~1 out of 333 people in the total population.
Correct.

But, we need to keep in mind that the statistic (as best as I can tell) is based on a four year period 2009-2012. So, a higher percentage than that will have a heart attack sometime between age 20-39, etc.

Well I had my cardiac MRI ... I haven’t improved quite like I was hoping to have by this point. LVEF 39% and RVEF 33%. Results show I likely had a really bad heart attack in the past. Heart size 350g and moderate cardiomyopathy. Blah. Gonna keep trying to plug away on improving it.

Well I had my cardiac MRI ... I haven’t improved quite like I was hoping to have by this point. LVEF 39% and RVEF 33%. Results show I likely had a really bad heart attack in the past. Heart size 350g and moderate cardiomyopathy. Blah. Gonna keep trying to plug away on improving it.

Did you not know you had a heart attack??

How old are you? If you don’t mind me asking

I had a hunch that I had one two years ago when my kidneys failed but the doctors didn’t seem concerned and brushed it off. The MRI basically stated I had a serious infarct previously at some point and I also have mild/moderate cardiomyopathy and LVH
Did you not know you had a heart attack??

How old are you? If you don’t mind me askin

Its good that your EF is way up over 30%, no defibrillator called for. Keep up the effort because fitness is so important in keeping you alive. My cardiologist that did by cath told me I'd probably live 10 to 15 years after my heart attack. Going on 14 years now and still doing ok. I've been lifting and doing cardio as much as possible. You'll need to reduce your calories a lot probably. I'm eating 1/2 or less what I did prior to the heart attack.

Its good that your EF is way up over 30%, no defibrillator called for. Keep up the effort because fitness is so important in keeping you alive. My cardiologist that did by cath told me I'd probably live 10 to 15 years after my heart attack. Going on 14 years now and still doing ok. I've been lifting and doing cardio as much as possible. You'll need to reduce your calories a lot probably. I'm eating 1/2 or less what I did prior to the heart attack.
I actually do IF/OMAD and only consume 1800-2200 calories a day. I also do a fasted five mile walk daily and my usual 1-2 hour weight session daily (I break my fast with my small eating window immediately post workout). Macros are roughly 120g pro, 200g carbs, 75g fats daily in my 2 hour slow eating window. This has best allowed me to stay lean and maintain a decent physique whilst trying to keep my kidneys happy. I don’t cheat or deviate from the diet at all and have eliminated processed foods/junk/etc. I just eat veggies, grilled chicken, nuts, and oats and protein. Doing everything 100% perfectly with zero slacking has, ironically, got my physique looking pretty great despite just being on only TRT for two years now. I almost think I look better now than when I was using stuff. Feel infinitely healthier, too. Hoping I can slowly get my EF up to 45%+

I actually do IF/OMAD and only consume 1800-2200 calories a day. I also do a fasted five mile walk daily and my usual 1-2 hour weight session daily (I break my fast with my small eating window immediately post workout). Macros are roughly 120g pro, 200g carbs, 75g fats daily in my 2 hour slow eating window. This has best allowed me to stay lean and maintain a decent physique whilst trying to keep my kidneys happy. I don’t cheat or deviate from the diet at all and have eliminated processed foods/junk/etc. I just eat veggies, grilled chicken, nuts, and oats and protein. Doing everything 100% perfectly with zero slacking has, ironically, got my physique looking pretty great despite just being on only TRT for two years now. I almost think I look better now than when I was using stuff. Feel infinitely healthier, too. Hoping I can slowly get my EF up to 45%+
Have you tried the "matt porter" stack?

I dont remember all the dosages but im convinced it help me bring my EF up from around 36-into the mid 60s over the course of 5 months or so. In addition to weight loss and coming off gear of course.

Ubiquinol high dose 400-600 mgs
pycnogenol 200-400 mgs
taurine
d ribose high dose

there was 1 or 2 other ingredients that dont come to mind right now shoot.

Have you tried the "matt porter" stack?

I dont remember all the dosages but im convinced it help me bring my EF up from around 36-into the mid 60s over the course of 5 months or so. In addition to weight loss and coming off gear of course.

Ubiquinol high dose 400-600 mgs
pycnogenol 200-400 mgs
taurine
d ribose high dose

there was 1 or 2 other ingredients that dont come to mind right now shoot.
Yessir! I am currently on (and have been since end of ~November:

600mg ubiquinol
200mg Pycnogenol
4000mg arjuna
800mg bcm-95 curcumin
1000mg citrus bergamot
10g d-ribose (haven’t been able to keep this in - it seems to aggravate my kidney issues and worsen my protein spillage)

I also have been blasting bpc-157 and tb500 off and on.

It has been four months and I went from 26% to 39% so I should be happy I just am hoping I can get it to 50% long term so I can ease my worry and have more of a buffer.

Thank you for the suggestion, though, I appreciate it. I miss Matt (and John) crazy to think how many guys are no longer with us that all died far too young. Really makes ya think about mortality and regret some poor decision making from the past.

Yessir! I am currently on (and have been since end of ~November:

600mg ubiquinol
200mg Pycnogenol
4000mg arjuna
800mg bcm-95 curcumin
1000mg citrus bergamot
10g d-ribose (haven’t been able to keep this in - it seems to aggravate my kidney issues and worsen my protein spillage)

I also have been blasting bpc-157 and tb500 off and on.

It has been four months and I went from 26% to 39% so I should be happy I just am hoping I can get it to 50% long term so I can ease my worry and have more of a buffer.

Thank you for the suggestion, though, I appreciate it. I miss Matt (and John) crazy to think how many guys are no longer with us that all died far too young. Really makes ya think about mortality and regret some poor decision making from the past.
keep it up buddy, i know how it feels but 26 to 39 is already quite good... took me 7 months to get to this level (from 16 to 24 in 6 weeks, then to 31 in 3 months and another to 38 in 3 months)
what medication are you on?

keep it up buddy, i know how it feels but 26 to 39 is already quite good... took me 7 months to get to this level (from 16 to 24 in 6 weeks, then to 31 in 3 months and another to 38 in 3 months)
what medication are you on?
That is reassuring, thank you! What size is your guys heart and actual pumping volume? I’m pumping 2-3x more than the ‘normal’ range due to mild cardiomyopathy and LV dilation so at 39% EF I am still pumping 200ml per heart beat. I suspect this is why I feel pretty good and can still perform fairly intense cardio (did a mile in 3.5 minutes on the elliptical recently)

I am on 100mg losartan and 25mg metoprolol for heart meds presently. My BP stays perfect and my heart rate stays between 58-62ish. Highest I could get it was 133bpm when I did that three and a half minute elliptical mile lol shocked I didn’t break the machine

That is reassuring, thank you! What size is your guys heart and actual pumping volume? I’m pumping 2-3x more than the ‘normal’ range due to mild cardiomyopathy and LV dilation so at 39% EF I am still pumping 200ml per heart beat. I suspect this is why I feel pretty good and can still perform fairly intense cardio (did a mile in 3.5 minutes on the elliptical recently)

I am on 100mg losartan and 25mg metoprolol for heart meds presently. My BP stays perfect and my heart rate stays between 58-62ish. Highest I could get it was 133bpm when I did that three and a half minute elliptical mile lol shocked I didn’t break the machine
I'm not sure what volume I pump, just that I do significantly better than most folks with a 25% ejection fraction. Mine was down below 20% after last year's ventricular ablation surgery. I felt pretty crappy then.

Keep it up man. I like you had a heart attack approximately 5 years ago and didnt find out about it until i was in the hospital for a stroke that fixed itself on its own thankfully! I had an ejection fraction of only 35% or so. I ended up having a 2nd heart attack 6 months later but was able to get medical attention. my EF dropped to 31% after that heart attack. i had a third minor heart attack 6 months later and was also able to get immediate medical attention. but thankfully my EF has gotten back to 40% and I am able to do cardio for the most part with no issues. Just keep working at it man.

Keep it up man. I like you had a heart attack approximately 5 years ago and didnt find out about it until i was in the hospital for a stroke that fixed itself on its own thankfully! I had an ejection fraction of only 35% or so. I ended up having a 2nd heart attack 6 months later but was able to get medical attention. my EF dropped to 31% after that heart attack. i had a third minor heart attack 6 months later and was also able to get immediate medical attention. but thankfully my EF has gotten back to 40% and I am able to do cardio for the most part with no issues. Just keep working at it man.
Do.you know what caused you 3 heart attacks? Going to guess you don't have a clotting disorder like me? Just wondering, you having a stroke too. That's 4 blockages in various arteries you've had. Scary shit. That's great you have an EF of 40%. I'm stuck somewhere around 25 to 30%. Its going on 14 years now since I had mine.

Do.you know what caused you 3 heart attacks? Going to guess you don't have a clotting disorder like me? Just wondering, you having a stroke too. That's 4 blockages in various arteries you've had. Scary shit. That's great you have an EF of 40%. I'm stuck somewhere around 25 to 30%. Its going on 14 years now since I had mine.

They didnt find a clotting disorder on me. which i was very surprised. I know the 2 blockages i had in my heart were in the spot where the RCA branches out. Apparently that part of my heart is very narrow is what the doctors told me. They put in a larger stent after the 3rd heart attack and i feel immensely better. I feel like one of the stents they put in after the 2nd MI was to narrow. I am definitely luck to come out of it relatively healthy with an EF of 40%. Still able to do cardio which i do. I try to keep my weight under 210 for the most part. I am 6 foot tall so that weight i feel doesnt put too much strain on my heart.

They didnt find a clotting disorder on me. which i was very surprised. I know the 2 blockages i had in my heart were in the spot where the RCA branches out. Apparently that part of my heart is very narrow is what the doctors told me. They put in a larger stent after the 3rd heart attack and i feel immensely better. I feel like one of the stents they put in after the 2nd MI was to narrow. I am definitely luck to come out of it relatively healthy with an EF of 40%. Still able to do cardio which i do. I try to keep my weight under 210 for the most part. I am 6 foot tall so that weight i feel doesnt put too much strain on my heart.z
They didnt find a clotting disorder on me. which i was very surprised. I know the 2 blockages i had in my heart were in the spot where the RCA branches out. Apparently that part of my heart is very narrow is what the doctors told me. They put in a larger stent after the 3rd heart attack and i feel immensely better. I feel like one of the stents they put in after the 2nd MI was to narrow. I am definitely luck to come out of it relatively healthy with an EF of 40%. Still able to do cardio which i do. I try to keep my weight under 210 for the most part. I am 6 foot tall so that weight i feel doesnt put too much strain on my heart.
Maldorf, glad to see you are fighting the good fight. I haven't been around the board in a while, but thought I would update. As you are aware I had the massive heart failure 14 years ago now which I posted about here. I had a triple bypass 5 months ago. Had zero symptoms. Saw cardiologist every six months for 14 years, and not diagnosed. Went to Anti-Ageing doctor and he ordered calcium score test which i failed off the charts. Two weeks later had a bypass. Still in cardiace rehab but also in gym, but taking it easy. I believe for me,it was 90% genetics. My younger brother passed suddenly at 48, he was "in shape" and fit and it came with no warning two weeks after his physical. As usual I will encourage people to moderate their usage. I feel my usage did lead to the heart failure, but not the blockages. Take care.

Well boys felt this was worthy of bringing this thread back to life … November 2021 26% ejection fraction …. April 2022 39% ejection fraction …. July 2022 55% ejection fraction as of this week.

I entirely reversed my heart failure. My cardiologist is shocked. Fuck it feels good. Now back to just mostly focusing on my autoimmune kidney disease c3g, lol! Hope all of you guys are doing well

Just when I was feeling great and looking just about better than ever I had a heart attack. It happened on July 18th, so it has been a bit over 3 weeks.
I felt healthy and looked great, on the outside at least. I was maintaining my bodyfat below 10% no problems, thanks to Phil's guidance. Working out 6 days a week and doing 20 minutes or more of cardio 4 or 5 days a week.
I did use AAS off an on for about 8 years or so. It is not possible to point the finger specifically at AAS and say they were the cause, but it would be ignorant to ignore it altogether.
I had blood tests run at least 2x per year, sometimes more. My LDLs were always low, but HDls were very low too. Had a HDL reading of 17 when I was admitted to the hospital right after the attack. Back in January I had a hematocrit reading of 62, and realized that was a problem. I was able to get that down to 50 by donating blood and cutting back on what I was using. The cardiologist doest not think the hematocrit had anything to do with the attack, since it had been under control for almost 3 months or more. MOre tests will be run on the clotting cascade and to test for factor 5 disorder.
I was doing squats at the gym when the heart attack happened. I had just finished doing 3 sets of squats. 455x12, 405x13, 365x14. After racking the weight on the last set I felt really dizzy and sat down. After sitting for maybe half a minute I broke out in a cold sweat and my heart was beating rather fast. I didnt think too much of it though because Ive felt similar many times in the past when I push really hard on squats. Been lifting since I was 16, so over 20yrs now and Ive felt sick enough in the past that I have thrown up. So i figured I had just pushed it too hard. I quit the workout and drove home at 9:30 pm. I rested at home hoping to feel better. I developed a heartburn feeling and took some antacids and 3 aspirin just to be safe if it was the heart. At 4am I realized it wasnt going to go away and I had my wife drive us all to the hospital. Had to drag my 6 and 4 year old daughters along.
They did an ekg and angiogram after that ,since the ekg showed signs of heart attack.Angiogram showed 100% blockage of my right coronary artery. they used an angioplasty type surgery where he used a mini "vacuum cleaner" like tool to suck out the blood clot. I had develped a large clot blocking blood flow.
I was in ICU from Friday until tuesday night, so almost 5 days. They had to pump me full of dopamine to get my blood pressure up. My heart was beating so weakly that my pressure was hovering at around 60/35. Once they got my systolic pressure up to 80 without being on dopamine they released me from intensive care. I then spent one day in a regular room and was sent home.
Not sure at this time how well my heart will recover. I will know more in 3 weeks when an ultrasound is done of my heart. After that heart attack my ejection fraction was down to 40%, so thats not really low. I am hoping for the best.
The cardiologist is telling me I can never lift as hard I as was, just lift light weights. Very hard for me to take this. My plan is to take it one day at a time and build up slowly. I am not ready to accept this, and cant see how he can make such a broad statement about my future since he hasnt even looked at an ultrasound of my heart after its had time to heal. Of course when I told him I was taking steroids I got the full lecture and he blames the entire episode on it. He did say that he has had 3 other young men like me have heart attacks, all bodybuilders on steroids. He is a young doctor too, about my age or slightly older so he hasnt been at it very long. Surprised me to hear this. He doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would lie either, he is very straight forward.
MAIN REASON I AM WRITING THIS IS TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING, TO CONSIDER THE RISKS WE TAKE WHEN WE ARE DOING AAS. I THOUGHT I WAS USING SAFELY AND HAD BLOOD TESTS DONE,BUT THINGS STILL WENT WRONG. I HAD NEVER EVEN COMPETED BEFORE, WAS PLANNING ON DOING A CONTEST IN MARCH 09 BUT THAT IS ALL OVER NOW. LOOKNG BACK, THE BENEFITS FOR ME OF USING AAS DID NOT OUTWEIGH THE RISKS. OF COURSE I DID NOT KNOW THAT, BUT NOW IT IS TOO LATE. I LET MY OBSESSION WITH BUILDING A MORE MUSCULAR BODY BECOME A PRIORITY OVER MY FAMILY. NOW I REALIZE THAT THIS WAS UNFAIR TO MY WIFE AND TWO LITTLE GIRLS. THERE IS A CHANCE NOW THAT MY HEART MAY HAVE BEEN DAMAGED ENOUGH THAT I WONT BE ABLE TO LIFT LIKE I USED TO EVER AGAIN. I PRAY THAT THIS IS NOT THE CASE, AND I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP HOPE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BLAME STEROIDS ENTIRELY, SO DONT TAKE THIS POST AS JUST ANOTHER ANTISTEROIDS CAMPAIGN. JUST TAKE SOME TIME TO STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. THINK ABOUT WHY YOU USE AAS AND WHAT YOU HOPE TO GET OUT OF IT. CONSIDER THE RISKS WE TAKE, ESPECIALLY WHEN USING AAS THAT ARE PRODUCED IN UNDERGROUND LABS. THIS IS ANOTHER THING TO BE CONSIDERED, SINCE WHEN USING THESE SUBSTANCES YOU DONT ALWAYS KNOW 100% WHAT YOURE GETTING AS FAR AS PURITY ETC.
My goal now is to recuperate and get back to being a better father and husband. To be natural and bodybuild like I used to. Since I wont be using AAS anymore, be able to accept that I wont grow much larger than a lean 225 lbs at 6 foot tall. There is a lot more in life that is more important.
So are you still alive?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
IronMaxx
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity