over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Good news bad news

Killer.7

Registered
Hello gents. Long story short I decided to get a calcium score done and a nuclear stress test after some bodybuilding friends of mine had heart scares.
This is the procedure where they inject tracer dye into you, run some scans and put you on a treadmill.

the good news is my calcium score came back at 0

the bad news is my “gated wall motion analysis” was globally hypokinetic

stress left ventricle ejection fraction 42%
resting left ventricle ejection fraction 38%

These numbers both scared and surprised me. Last i had a tradtional echo cardiogram about 5-6 years ago my EF was well above 50% but perhaps things degraded since.

the course of action noted by the doctor is to follow up with an echo cardiogram on the ventricle for more analysis.

so question, is an echo cardiogram more accurate? I swore the test i did should have been the be all, end all for tests like this to determine heart function but the doc says to do an echo. Is it possible this test is not 100% accurate with the ejection fraction?

lastly, i have no symptoms of cardiomyopathy and im on a trt dose of test.

comments and questions are welcome. Thanks guys.

I wish you the best brother! You have some incredible minds on this board, so you'll definitely get some amazing information! I could easily say, info I've learned being on this board for as long as I have been...has probably saved my life, and that's no exaggeration. Again brother positive vibes your way!

Hello gents. Long story short I decided to get a calcium score done and a nuclear stress test after some bodybuilding friends of mine had heart scares.
This is the procedure where they inject tracer dye into you, run some scans and put you on a treadmill.

These numbers both scared and surprised me. Last i had a tradtional echo cardiogram about 5-6 years ago my EF was well above 50% but perhaps things degraded since.

the course of action noted by the doctor is to follow up with an echo cardiogram on the ventricle for more analysis.

so question, is an echo cardiogram more accurate? I swore the test i did should have been the be all, end all for tests like this to determine heart function but the doc says to do an echo. Is it possible this test is not 100% accurate with the ejection fraction?

Do you practice cardio regularly ? A friend was get out of breath with ejection fraction 40% and the onset of cardiomegaly.

Do you practice cardio regularly ? A friend was get out of breath with ejection fraction 40% and the onset of cardiomegaly.
honestly not enough, or not as much as I should be, especially with gyms still being locked down here.

I'm going to increase my hiit cardio immediately and follow up with the doctor obviously. We are gonna do an echocargiogram and book and appt with cardiologist.

which supps should i start taking? I already use coq10 ubiquinol. I read selenium is good with it as well as ribose and taurine.

Both tests are good. I asked my cardiologist about which was more accurate and he felt like neither was more, they are just different. They should come back within 5% of each other, so you definitely have a problem.

I was in your shoes once and stopped all PEDs for 12 months. My EF climbed from around 36% up to 55% during that time and my heart looked normal. That is my recommendation to you now. Just dont be like me and go back on again. I did and then had my heart attack years later.

If your EF is below 30% they traditionally advise you to get a defibrillator/pacemaker like I have. There is some variability there though and this article discusses it.

You havent mentioned if you are taking anything now or recently. If you are not and have been clean for years then I would be worried. If youre on PEDs, then I believe your heart will probably recover like mine did in that year. It has happened to a lot of guys I think. The trick is to not slowly fall back into the old habits because it will happen again. Its kinda like being an alcoholic IMO.

Both tests are good. I asked my cardiologist about which was more accurate and he felt like neither was more, they are just different. They should come back within 5% of each other, so you definitely have a problem.

I was in your shoes once and stopped all PEDs for 12 months. My EF climbed from around 36% up to 55% during that time and my heart looked normal. That is my recommendation to you now. Just dont be like me and go back on again. I did and then had my heart attack years later.

If your EF is below 30% they traditionally advise you to get a defibrillator/pacemaker like I have. There is some variability there though and this article discusses it.

You havent mentioned if you are taking anything now or recently. If you are not and have been clean for years then I would be worried. If youre on PEDs, then I believe your heart will probably recover like mine did in that year. It has happened to a lot of guys I think. The trick is to not slowly fall back into the old habits because it will happen again. Its kinda like being an alcoholic IMO.
thank you for the detailed reply.

I mentioned that I am on a doctor prescribed dose of trt. 180 mgs a week. Should i come off completely?

Additionally I have been blasting and cruising for quite a while now including this year...soo there is that. But yes I wont be blasting and cruising anymore just on my trt or perhaps even coming off my trt if its necessary.

I will update this thread as I go through the motions here to try and boost my EF. Which supps do you reccomend? Should i modify my workouts?

thank you for the detailed reply.

I mentioned that I am on a doctor prescribed dose of trt. 180 mgs a week. Should i come off completely?

Additionally I have been blasting and cruising for quite a while now including this year...soo there is that. But yes I wont be blasting and cruising anymore just on my trt or perhaps even coming off my trt if its necessary.

I will update this thread as I go through the motions here to try and boost my EF. Which supps do you reccomend? Should i modify my workouts?
I'm on 100 mg/wk from the pharm through script and that puts my total at around 850. 180 a week seems pretty high, if its pharmaceutical grade like I use. If your doctor has done labs and your total test is down under 1000 then I guess that's OK. I'd think no more than 120 mg/ wk would be more like it. You could try going off, it's what I did when I recovered.

I'm doing ok now on the 100mg and I have heart failure where my EF is less than half yours.

When I went through what you have, I was bull headed and didn't adjust my workouts at all. I was ok, but probably not smart. You'll just have to rest longer between sets to get your hr down.

Be careful. If you get your heart into v tach, it could go into v fib and then you'd probably die. I'd keep an eye on your heart rate after finishing a set. Go by how you feel too.

Sorry to hear you're going through this. Since you've been cruising and blasting, I'd think you should be able to improve your EF relatively soon.

As far as supplements, Dante has advised apigenin, curcumin, ubiquinol, and pycnogenol and has seen good improvement in other people's tests.

Good luck.

Our member nothuman also posted this a while back. Hopefully, it can help:

• 5,000 mg of D-ribose powder 3 times daily (15,000 mg total per day)
  • 3,000 mg a day of taurine (a low-cost supplement)
  • 200-600 mg of ubiquinol (dose can be based on blood test results)
  • 250-500 mg a day of nicotinamide riboside
  • 500 mg a day of magnesium
  • 1,000 mg a day of carnosine
  • Senolytic protocol of your choice

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2019/6/heart-failure-and-ribose

The late Matt Porter was able to bring up his EF from 35%-40% to 65% and. He believed the key was high dose ubiquinol + high dose pycnogenol + high dose ribose

I personally take 400 mg of ubiquinol, and some Mg.

The late Matt Porter was able to bring up his EF from 35%-40% to 65% and, he believed the key was high dose ubiquinol + high dose pycnogenol + high dose ribose
How much time passed between his EF recovery and his death, anyone remember?

Thanks so much for the replies guys.
I found an old echo from 2016, my EF then was 63% wow. So 5 years ago. I have blasted and crusied hard since then... and this is the result.

63% to 42% crazy.

Thanks so much for the replies guys.
I found an old echo from 2016, my EF then was 63% wow. So 5 years ago. I have blasted and crusied hard since then... and this is the result.

63% to 42% crazy.
Yep.

How much time passed between his EF recovery and his death, anyone remember?

That's a good question. I do not remember, but maybe other members do and can chime in.

Our member nothuman also posted this a while back. Hopefully, it can help:

• 5,000 mg of D-ribose powder 3 times daily (15,000 mg total per day)
  • 3,000 mg a day of taurine (a low-cost supplement)
  • 200-600 mg of ubiquinol (dose can be based on blood test results)
  • 250-500 mg a day of nicotinamide riboside
  • 500 mg a day of magnesium
  • 1,000 mg a day of carnosine
  • Senolytic protocol of your choice

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2019/6/heart-failure-and-ribose
Cool. In regards to the ubiquinol being based on blood test results.... which test?i
In regards to magnesium, 500 all at once will have me on the toilet lol. How do you guys dose this? Break it up throughout the day?

Cool. In regards to the ubiquinol being based on blood test results.... which test?i
In regards to magnesium, 500 all at once will have me on the toilet lol. How do you guys dose this? Break it up throughout the day?

I'm assuming based on blood work. I've had my CQ10 levels tested through lab work.

As far as the magnesium, you can split the dose up, but there are also some types of magnesium that will make you go to the toilet more than others.

Thoughts on fish oil and said fish oil oxidizing and actually being detrimental to health?

Any brands you guys recommend ?

Hiit Cardio, no juice, supps.
Any other practices i need to adopt ?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members